Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
All that said, I can have kids in the house and instantly pick out the ones raised in another country-or at least in another style. I have found many American kids to be much more self-centered from parents who do everything for them, expect nothing, and try to be their best friend. Even American parents of a century ago-heck, my own parents-expected me to toe the line and while they were friendly and warm, they were not my friend. I was raised to fit into the family and contribute something from very young, and I think that is one thing we've really gotten away from. I think we do kids a disservice when we (as mothers) swoop down and do everything and fight every battle for them.

All that said again, in America, when mothers do stay home with small kids (and I did), I've never seen so much guilt for little pleasures like a pedi or even a bath. That doesn't seem to happen in France or other countries. I just don't see the burnout and running into the ground in the mothers from any other country, not just France. SNIP
This is what I believe was the point of the article - the type of American parents you are speaking about here.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote