Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRkey View Post
Is this possible? You may ask yourself. And yes, I believe so. I live it everyday. My girlfriend doesn't use this site, but I randomly tell her about some of the postings. I was confused by the women identified lesbians living with other women identified lesbians. So I was telling her about it. If your male identified your straight? So I was like, use a straight site than? Right? Wrong?! We both were slightly confused, we are women..who like other women. Does that exist anymore? Or has it all come down to this complicated, fits inside the right box, your this label and I am that label. I mean don't get me wrong its all fine and dandy to feel like you belong to something or fit in somewhere. But I am confused, however it is fair to say the whole Butch Femme dynamic is something that is intriguing..indeed intriguing...none the less..is there still room for Girls like myself and my girlfriend who like other girls...No labels..No confusion about gender identity...just girls who like girls. I do like reading and chatting at this site however. It is very interesting, Like I mentioned previously the dynamics are intriguing...
Gender identity and sexual orientation are two different things and I think you are confusing them. Gender is between your ears and sexual orientation is about who/how you fuck. Butch and Femme are gender identities like woman and man and queer...and I sometimes think dyke is a gender ID also. You can possess more than one gender........my gender identification is butch & woman. My sexual orientation is towards women, specifically femmes...you can call that lesbian but I have never liked that word. There are lots of us around this site, as well as folks of other genders and sexualities.

A male id'd person is just that...male id'd and that has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. Their sexuality could be towards femme/women or it could be towards other masculine folk.

I do not think of my gender id (butch woman) as a label. It is who I am. I certainly am not confused about it. Butch can be a noun or an adjective and when using butch as a gender it's a noun.

This website is open to everyone as long as they are respectful and comes from a feminist perspective. There are girls who like girls here and just about every combination of gender and sexuality you can think of.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: