Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default On/off the market?

I took part in a discussion recently as to when people considered themselves on or off the market.

There was a wide variety of answers to both i.e. some felt they were off the market if they weren't actively dating, others in 20 year monogamous relationships considered themselves on the market until there was an actual wedding - gay marriage is legal in this state.

So, I'm just curious as to how people interpret what it means to be on or off the market. What do both or either mean to you?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

I may be old fashoned but if you make a comitment to each other as to being in a relationship you are off the market it may be poly situaton or the monog type but still. Desd and I became exclusive in June of 09 and now we are going to have a wedding even tho it ain't legal in NY but I want her to have that day in front of our family and friends even if is cares this comitment phobe BOI
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm off the market when it is agreed by both of us that we are exclusive. Marriage isn't a factor. And still won't be when the Prop 8 issue is settled in California and same-sex marriage is legal (yes, I am staying positive).
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Cool thread.

My ex-wife considers herself off the market if she finds you interesting enough for a second date. She pursues one person at a time.

Honestly, I don't know that I ever consider myself "off the market". LOL I may not put out the "On Sale Now" flyer, but it's always on the shelf. But I do warn girls ahead of time that I am a leacherous bastard. Also as I've gotten older, I don't actively look for love interests (whether I'm in or out of a relationship), I just let the cards fall where they may....also whether I'm in or out of a relationship.
No additional cards are falling right now, just clarifying for Dixie.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,623 Times in 3,977 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am not in a relationship. But I am off the market I do not want a romance. One can be "off the market" even if they arent in a relationship.

(I have a submissive. It is a BDSM relationship.
Mistake not the two.)

But if I Were in a romance, once we as a couple made the determination we were exclusive with one another, from that moment on, both would be off the market.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm...usually it's rare for me to consider myself off the market. I'm always on the market if it's just casual dating and sometimes even if there are deeper feelings involved. There have only been 2 relationships where I actually cared enough for the person to consider myself unavailable to others (one with an ex, one with my current). Any off market status is subject to change, though, depending on how I'm feeling in/with a relationship. I also rarely go "on the prowl" for other avenues. I just tend to have a flirty nature with pretty much EVERYONE, and sometimes it leads to certain scenarios/individuals that are more enticing to me.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I am off the market

There is one person I love and am deeply in love with and the market holds no value for me.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am "off the market" if I am in an exclusive relationship.

"Off the market" simply means I am in an exclusive relationship. If I am in an exclusive relationship, it means that I am not looking to date others and I see the current relationship as a possible "forever" one.

It does not mean that I am married or have chosen my "forever partner".

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

No surprise here.

Off The Wall & Off The Market.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

As most of you know, I'm off the market and have been for quite a while. I know, I know...Sorry to disappoint you but these things happen.

However, it doesn't mean I can't play and be my crazy ass self
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm kind of adjacent to the market.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I've always been a fundamental type of stock that never jumped on or off the market. By now my expiration date has expired. The market has been kind of risky anyway with tax increases and uncontrolled federal spending. However, Netflix has been on my mind for a while. There has been a need for cable TV beyond the sofa, and they are tapping into it. Their stock should explode when they go cable in a couple of years
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread...I am in a poly relationship with my Sir. I do not consider myself "off the market", however, anyone myself or my Sir are interested in is something that we both discuss and come to an agreement on before said relationship would begin. I am not actively "on the market" but am open to that prospective should the right person come my way.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am off the market. i could play with others, but only with permission. So i guess that makes it possible for me to go back out there. But i have two Dominants and a busy work life. And honestly my health isn't ideal. i feel like my time is best served by getting healthy.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Off the market, yes! Yet, I've never considered myself for sale in the first place
TickledPink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TickledPink For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know that I've ever considered myself on the market actually. I've been single for the majority of my adult life...and for most of it have had no interest in seeking a relationship. I've just always been focused on my son, my work, getting a degree, etc. - and was never really one to flirt or date.

Meeting Scoote was a serendipity...and I went from "off the market - not looking" to "off the market - taken."
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

I like fresh fruit markets, fish markets, book markets, and little old-fashioned corner markets.
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
I may be old fashoned but if you make a comitment to each other as to being in a relationship you are off the market it may be poly situaton or the monog type but still. Desd and I became exclusive in June of 09 and now we are going to have a wedding even tho it ain't legal in NY but I want her to have that day in front of our family and friends even if is cares this comitment phobe BOI
I've considered myself off the market since I started talking to you. I knew there was something special about you and I told the few other people "Sorry, you're SOL, I got me a keeper!"

Seriously, I did.

bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #19
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

Being unfamiliar with said market, I would presume never to have been on the shelf to begin with, partly due to very few very long relationships the last 16 years.

Secondly I am not much for active searching, and am truly unpracticed at dating or flirting. Still I consider myself off the market at this point because I am happy enough as myself and choose to be selfish about what I want and where I want to be or go. Having always taken into account what was "better for us"

I however, did have an out of state flirtation that took it unwell when I accepted a dinner request from another. I mentioned that the invitation came to test her reaction, and when I heard nothing in her voice or words I accepted the invitation, latter she showed hurt feelings about it.

I would imagine once a person feels that the relationship is one worthy of more attention and the other person intriguing enough to explore more thoroughly they might consider being unavailable to others, or when both parties agree to not see others. Either way I would not believe any one could/should presume that another considers them selves attached or off the market till it is agreed on mutually.

sorry I ramble just following my thoughts....

undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #20
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdansmoncoeur View Post
I've considered myself off the market since I started talking to you. I knew there was something special about you and I told the few other people "Sorry, you're SOL, I got me a keeper!"

Seriously, I did.

She thinks my tractors sexy it really turns her on
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post: