GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yes, I am out....everywhere. Work is especially comfortable and tolerant...my company even offered partner benefits many years before marriage was legalized in NY. Nice place to be.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #142
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,163 Times in 3,021 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yes.
I am self employed so it's a different kind of out. I keep a rainbow flag visible in my office for clients to see easily. I keep LGBTQ safe and open statements on my website along with the types of clients I specialize in. Lots of people don't pick up on it but those who do appreciate it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #143
BstlMyhart

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

BstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been "in" anywhere...I've always just been me. I have rarely run into any issues about my obvious sexual orientation. And they were someone else's issues...not mine. Everyone from the Director to the inmates knows. We have anti discrimination policies that include sexual orientation and we do have domestic partner benefits. I'm just "Lt." one of the "brothers in uniform". They know when things go back, I have their back and I know they have mine. It's been proven time and again. There have been a few occassions when an inmate will "go off" and call me every derrogatory name in the book. I've had to hold back a fellow officer because THEY took greater offense than I did. I knew the inmate WANTED to hurt me, and I would not allow them that satisfaction. My partners however were pissed. I think if I were hetero...THAT would be an issue...no one in my life anywhere would consider that normal. lol

Also, being who I am and having my rank, I've recently had a few new officers, and now a few cadets going through our academy, telling me they know they can be themselves and will be able to advance in this career and in our facility. They have no fear that their sexual orientation will hold them back. I see their self confidence rising to the surface as oppose to their body language showing they fear they have to hide part of themselves to be accepted as a fellow officer, which is something I saw with a few officers when I first started. Those officers are no longer with us though I can't speculate that this was the reason they left...did they feel like outcasts and ostracized? I can't answer that. I do know that I see a new self awareness, pride, and self confidence in those joining our ranks now. And it makes me proud that where I work...it's all about the work and one's ability to carry out their missions. It's not about who you date and sleep with. The world really has evolved.
BstlMyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BstlMyhart For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #144
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

out and about here on the job. this is a safe zone. diversity is an absolute in an adolescent homeless shelter. it helps to have openly gay staff, makes things wicked easy and comfortable for the kids that come in off the streets to have acceptance and staff to relate with. I could not have asked for a better place to do my internship and then get hired on in my field. blessed!
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #145
twinkletoes

How Do You Identify?:
64 million dollar question
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Waiting for little miss right

twinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputation

Well I'm not really at work, I'm at uni but I found it to be a bit of a crappy experience being out from day 1. Quite sad that some people of even of my age have homophobic tendencies and opinions...
twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #146
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

I've been out at work at my various jobs since '84 but the most challenging was my current job - I'm in a very conservative county, and I was actually the first openly out gay person to work there. I have to admit that most folks didn't know because for much of my first two years there I was dating an FTM as he transitioned and so of course I referred to home as He and there was just no reason or appropriate time to explain the details.

We do finally have a lot more out faculty and staff, and even some straight staff are coming to the meetings for the newly formed GSA.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #147
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation

I am moms caregiver and i get a small Veterans pension which is enough to live a simple sustainable life here on the farm
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanieClarke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #148
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstlMyhart View Post
I've never been "in" anywhere...I've always just been me. I have rarely run into any issues about my obvious sexual orientation. And they were someone else's issues...not mine. Everyone from the Director to the inmates knows. We have anti discrimination policies that include sexual orientation and we do have domestic partner benefits. I'm just "Lt." one of the "brothers in uniform". They know when things go back, I have their back and I know they have mine. It's been proven time and again. There have been a few occassions when an inmate will "go off" and call me every derrogatory name in the book. I've had to hold back a fellow officer because THEY took greater offense than I did. I knew the inmate WANTED to hurt me, and I would not allow them that satisfaction. My partners however were pissed. I think if I were hetero...THAT would be an issue...no one in my life anywhere would consider that normal. lol

Also, being who I am and having my rank, I've recently had a few new officers, and now a few cadets going through our academy, telling me they know they can be themselves and will be able to advance in this career and in our facility. They have no fear that their sexual orientation will hold them back. I see their self confidence rising to the surface as oppose to their body language showing they fear they have to hide part of themselves to be accepted as a fellow officer, which is something I saw with a few officers when I first started. Those officers are no longer with us though I can't speculate that this was the reason they left...did they feel like outcasts and ostracized? I can't answer that. I do know that I see a new self awareness, pride, and self confidence in those joining our ranks now. And it makes me proud that where I work...it's all about the work and one's ability to carry out their missions. It's not about who you date and sleep with. The world really has evolved.
so well said (((bestill )))
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #149
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

anyone looking for a job??? want to drive a cargo van???
i know a lady whom is seeking a driver, she is out of pittsburgers..
she'd like drivers to live near by , OH, Pa , NY, MI , but you can be from anywhere..
orientation is every monday at Panther , in seville ohio...
just need your reg. general license or class B ... can have hazmat but not neccesary .....
this is not your typical 9-5 job.. its being out on the open road, gone from home frequently
call cathy ... for more info ... 724-518-1501

she is a nice lady the owner of the vans, is a decent owner, has nice bunks in the vans.
can get pre approved by panther

http://www.pantherexpedite.com

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.

Last edited by morningstar55; 12-21-2012 at 02:06 PM.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #150
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

It's obvious what I am when people see me, in person. At all my jobs I have been out.I've come across alot of issues with co workers in the past but am finding certain other people are respectful and accepting due to my performance.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #151
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am out to the staff and our director, and the other department heads in our directorate. I am actively closeted when it comes to the Board of Trustees or City Hall.

It's a rabidly conservative county, but at least they're rabid enough that you can look up all of their opinions in the Galveston Daily News "letters to the editor" section and know who isn't safe!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #152
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out everywhere everyday, I only wear men's clothing so it's rather obvious
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #153
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out everywhere, everyday.
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 08:00 AM   #154
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,123 Times in 8,604 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out. The company, my manager, and teammates are supportive and respectful. We have a handful of lesbian, gay and queer people who are out. I have to come out a few times a year but "it is what it is."
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #155
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Yes. As a femme, it is a continual process. You are always assumed to be straight.

At my current job, I am out to everyone in my department.

I just heard that another therapist was hired that is gay. I don't know if she actually told them this or if they are guessing.

I am waiting to see if she is femme or butch.

If she is butch, the blabby boss may have made an assumption about her that may, or may not be, correct.

She might turn out to be straight but likes flannel shirts (as an example).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 08:32 AM   #156
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I'm out at work. Way out.

I have been out at every job I've had since I was 17.

I work in a large company. We have 1500-2000 people on our particular campus and I am one of maybe 15 out LGBT folks. Many of the LGBT folks who are not out (but known to me from years in clubs or with volunteer orgs) are people who are very "old school" about their privacy or who are in upper management VP positions (perhaps fearful of their promotion opportunities even though our company has a good diversity policy)

I posted this back in 2011 and am still with the same company.

My experience here remains pretty much the same with the exception that several of the other folks who were out have left the company, either in retirement or through layoffs.

I am the only senior manager that I know of on this entire campus who is out. I've been lucky enough not to experience much in the way of homophobia or judgment but do hear ignorant comments regularly. This happens in the real world every day so I just view it as a product of living in the world with ignorant people in general.

I've had a good experience over all with this company and still have photos all over my office of me being very gay. I even have a Medusa head (replete with moving snakes!) draped in a huge gay pride necklace and have a sign on the outside of my door that says "FABULOUSNESS is spoken here" (done in rainbow lettering).

I know this is a privilege and I respect that.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #157
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

yes it's too obvious.

My experience has been fine. I'm treated like the other guys. (Flirty women and the infamous guy nods and the "what up's")

I've not had any problems anywhere I've worked. I consider myself lucky since I know many have.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #158
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,496 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm out to God and everybody. I think for myself to do anything else would be to lie by omission. I understand people's reasons for choosing to remain closeted but I'm just simply not going to let any of that stuff rule me. I'd rather live only one day entirely free to be my true authentic self, than live a long life, in perfect health, surrounded by opulence and splendor in exchange for my silence - willingness to spend those years living closeted. Even if while closeted I could have the most attractive and sexually compatible woman on the planet to be my loyal, devoted, faithful friend and lover along with bags and bags and vaults full of money the answer is still no. Esse quam videri, this because to my way of thinking - It ain't worth a thing if it ain't got that zing.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #159
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I'm out to God and everybody. I think for myself to do anything else would be to lie by omission. I understand people's reasons for choosing to remain closeted but I'm just simply not going to let any of that stuff rule me. I'd rather live only one day entirely free to be my true authentic self, than live a long life, in perfect health, surrounded by opulence and splendor in exchange for my silence - willingness to spend those years living closeted. Even if while closeted I could have the most attractive and sexually compatible woman on the planet to be my loyal, devoted, faithful friend and lover along with bags and bags and vaults full of money the answer is still no. Esse quam videri, this because to my way of thinking - It ain't worth a thing if it ain't got that zing.
I just need to point this out:

Sometimes, for some people, it is not to live in "opulence and splendor" to remain closeted; it is simply to survive.

You and I are very fortunate to be able to make that choice.

Not everyone gets to do that.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #160
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,123 Times in 8,604 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
yes it's too obvious.

My experience has been fine. I'm treated like the other guys. (Flirty women and the infamous guy nods and the "what up's")

I've not had any problems anywhere I've worked. I consider myself lucky since I know many have.
I'm lucky too, T1. And, things weren't like this 20 years ago where I work. No one was out, though there were whispers and probably campaigns to prevent lesbians and gay people from advancing.

The first person who came out where I'm employed was a manager in the technology department. He came out during a black-tie event. Employees were allowed to bring guests and he brought his partner. They did a slow dance that was very nice. Thank goodness no one applauded.

Yeah, I'm lucky too.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: