Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-24-2023, 04:12 PM   #8461
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Today is 05-24-2023 and the project is due and should be in my hands by 05-31-2023. Remeber Monday the mail does not go out!

1. Nanners
2. clay Received!
3. Besame
4. GeorgiaMa'am
5. nina03
6. Gemme
nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 05:30 PM   #8462
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Today is 05-24-2023 and the project is due and should be in my hands by 05-31-2023. Remeber Monday the mail does not go out!

Whoa, nanners, I am sorry to point this out, but your instructions say "Please mail them back to me by 5/31/2023 and should arrive or be late by 6/7/2023." I know, you're just excited to see them all!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2023, 07:33 PM   #8463
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Whoa, nanners, I am sorry to point this out, but your instructions say "Please mail them back to me by 5/31/2023 and should arrive or be late by 6/7/2023." I know, you're just excited to see them all!

Oopsy! You are correct! Sorry everyone. I’m pretty scatter brained lately, but yes..I’m excited to see them all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM   #8464
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am getting a craft room! I have been cleaning my house like crazy with a friend who is helping me, and I have decided to turn my living room into a craft room! I never use it as a living room - we never go in there. I have a big table I'm going to put in there to work on, and all my supplies. I'm going to get a comfy desk chair for it, and a TV. I will need storage bins for all my supplies, because it's currently in shopping bags and cardboard boxes.

Does anyone who has a craft room or dedicated craft area have any advice about what else I should get or do?
Not knowing the footage you are working with, I've always been drawn to these, especially in tight quarters.

Or maybe a cabinet like this and adapt it to your supplies?

If you have a decent amount of space, I would consider doing shelving like nanners. It goes a long way and can go all the way up to the ceiling if more space is needed. Do your best to have as natural a light source as possible and, if that's not in the cards, Ottlite makes amazing lamps and light sources that last forever and provide natural light. Absolutely worth the investment! Winsome and Devaise are companies that make craft storage cabinets and organizers, many on wheels for easy maneuvering. A lot of Devaise's smaller cabinets and drawers come fully assembled (minus the casters, which are super easy to put on).

Now, my personal wish item is this beauty. It's got a little bit of everything...pegboard, drawers, display shelves and it's all on a swivel base. Perfection! One day she will be mine.

When determining what goes where, mind your plugs unless you have wireless charging capability. Rolling cabinets move better on hard surfaces so if you have carpet, you might want to put the sliding furniture movers under them so if you need to move things around, it won't be a big production for you.

Craft rooms are like finger prints; no two are exactly the same. Even if they have the exact same equipment and layout, the supplies will find different nooks and crannies in which to reside. You just have to do what feels right to you.

Good luck and have fun!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2023, 09:05 PM   #8465
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Oopsy! You are correct! Sorry everyone. I’m pretty scatter brained lately, but yes..I’m excited to see them all.
Mine will go out either 5/30 or 6/2 but will be in your hands, one way or another, before 6/7.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #8466
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Mine will go out either 5/30 or 6/2 but will be in your hands, one way or another, before 6/7.
same for me!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 10:33 AM   #8467
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Projects are due 06-07-2023 which is next Wednesday!

1. Nanners done!
2. clay Received!
3. Besame Received!
4. GeorgiaMa'am
5. nina03
6. Gemme
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #8468
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Projects are due 06-07-2023 which is next Wednesday!

1. Nanners done!
2. clay Received!
3. Besame Received!
4. GeorgiaMa'am
5. nina03
6. Gemme
Mailed today and expected to arrive on Monday!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-02-2023, 06:24 PM   #8469
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

ooops..
I have a bad habit of getting sooo excited to get them in the mail, I forget to put the money in. It went out yesterday..
In separate envelope.

Sorry. Be on the lookout. Pink envelope.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #8470
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

True to my usual form, mine are going out last minute. I'm mailing them first thing Monday, sending them overnight, so they should be there on time.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 08:53 AM   #8471
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
ooops..
I have a bad habit of getting sooo excited to get them in the mail, I forget to put the money in. It went out yesterday..
In separate envelope.

Sorry. Be on the lookout. Pink envelope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
True to my usual form, mine are going out last minute. I'm mailing them first thing Monday, sending them overnight, so they should be there on time.
Well, at least we're consistent, right?
Thank goodness there was a small group or I'd still be sketching lines and jacking my neck up.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:34 PM   #8472
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I mailed mine overnight but they said that they can't guarantee overnight delivery to Nanner's address, so they're guaranteed for Wednesday the 7th by 6pm. I hope they get there by then.
The Following User Says Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 08:55 AM   #8473
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Projects are due 06-07-2023 which is next tomorrow!

2. clay Received!
3. Besame Received!
4. GeorgiaMa'am
5. nina03 enroute
6. Gemme Received!

Has anyone heard from GeorgiaMa'am? I'm concerned.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:46 PM   #8474
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Default Deadline Date Today...

1. Nanners done!
2. clay Received!
3. Besame Received!
4. GeorgiaMa'am
5. nina03 Received!
6. Gemme Received!

Everyone did beautiful artwork and I can't wait for y'all to see them!
I will be sending the packages out on Friday. I put the ones you made for GeorgiaMa'am in with the ones people made for you.
I wish GeorgiaMa'am would let us know if she's ok. Unfortunately she's on the 6 month non-participation list, I'll let her add herself when she posts.

OK, who would like to wrangle next?

Ideas?

Old 06-07-2023, 05:29 PM   #8475
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

Default Wrangling!!!!

I want to wrangle next, unless someone else has a burning desire to do it.
My (really Max's) idea is decorated recipe cards with our favorite recipe written on it. I am also open to ideas.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 09:06 PM   #8476
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for worrying you all. I've just spent a week and a half drugged to the gills and hallucinating with a kidney infection in a hospital in the middle of nowhere Georgia. My fam was around, thank Goodness, or I might not have made it through as well as I did. As it is, I am still recuperating and in bed but at least I'm at home.

I'm so sorry about the projects. They were great! If I do say so myself, but I got sick before I had a chance to put them in the mailbox. Now I don't even know where they are, along with my laptop cord and phone charger. I'm especially sorry I will miss out on getting to see everyone's work, because I know it was amazing, and also that I will be on the naughty list for the next 6 months. I will put myself on it when I have a chance. I really appreciate the effort everyone put in to making me a project even though I didn't get to see it. I will be around bfp and let you know how I'm doing.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 09:19 PM   #8477
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for worrying you all. I've just spent a week and a half drugged to the gills and hallucinating with a kidney infection in a hospital in the middle of nowhere Georgia. My fam was around, thank Goodness, or I might not have made it through as well as I did. As it is, I am still recuperating and in bed but at least I'm at home.

I'm so sorry about the projects. They were great! If I do say so myself, but I got sick before I had a chance to put them in the mailbox. Now I don't even know where they are, along with my laptop cord and phone charger. I'm especially sorry I will miss out on getting to see everyone's work, because I know it was amazing, and also that I will be on the naughty list for the next 6 months. I will put myself on it when I have a chance. I really appreciate the effort everyone put in to making me a project even though I didn't get to see it. I will be around bfp and let you know how I'm doing.
Glad to see you are okay now and on the mend. Take care of yourself!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 08:05 AM   #8478
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Oh GeorgiaMa'am, I'm so sorry you were so ill. I knew something was really wrong and I'm glad you let us know. I'm also glad you're through the worst of it.

How would everyone feel about me sending the ones you made for GeorgiaMa'am to her?? She'd still be on the naughty list for 6 months (that makes me sad).

I haven't sealed the envelopes yet...I'm taking that as a sign from the universe that I wasn't done with the envelopes yet.

If you'd rather have the one you made for GeorgiaMa'am sent back to you, please PM me ASAP. I'm sending them out tomorrow about noon and I won't seal them until then.

GeorgiaMa'am, can you please PM me your address?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 09:27 AM   #8479
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

Yes! Please send them to Georgia Ma'am!

Also, I think that we, as a community, get to decide when the rules need to be flexed for extenuating circumstances. I, for one, really think that Georgia Ma'am shouldn't be on the naughty list for six months when she was so sick. I am all for giving grace in challenging moments, and Georgia Ma'am has had an extremely difficult year altogether. We can choose kindness in this moment in every way, both by sending her the art that was meant for her, and by letting her choose to join the next project if she has the physical and emotional capacity to do so. We have chosen to give extra time in the past when people were past the deadline due to extreme weather, and I think that this falls under the same kind of "circumstances beyond our control" clause.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2023, 10:22 AM   #8480
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
Yes! Please send them to Georgia Ma'am!

Also, I think that we, as a community, get to decide when the rules need to be flexed for extenuating circumstances. I, for one, really think that Georgia Ma'am shouldn't be on the naughty list for six months when she was so sick. I am all for giving grace in challenging moments, and Georgia Ma'am has had an extremely difficult year altogether. We can choose kindness in this moment in every way, both by sending her the art that was meant for her, and by letting her choose to join the next project if she has the physical and emotional capacity to do so. We have chosen to give extra time in the past when people were past the deadline due to extreme weather, and I think that this falls under the same kind of "circumstances beyond our control" clause.
Nina03, I am feeling the same way and if everyone agrees that there will be no naughty list for circumstances beyond someone's control.
I work my recovery program diligently and I learn acceptance, forgiveness, grace and so many other things. I feel the kindness and love in your post.

On another note, I love your idea of the recipe cards!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types