Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 11-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Routines

This is the start of something... this scene (two scenes really) hit me clear as day... now I go back here and there to reread them... trying to see if I can at least prompt the next scene for me to capture... I love the start. Of course maybe Jesse really got pissed and won't ever come back. O.o

Routines

Isn’t it funny; routines are what people surround themselves with, spending a life time getting perfected. Routines make people feel safe and secure, and yet they are also the only thing a predator needs to take them out. They can be exploited quicker than an elderly woman by a shady home repairman. Routines. Everyday. Ordinary. Nothing to see here. Routines. If Jessica had known her routines would have led her to where she was, she most likely would have listened to all the after school specials warning young women to not go to work at the same time every day. The warnings on the radio that suggested not taking the same route everyday. The warnings in the newspapers stating that shaking up your routine even if just by fifteen minutes could help to save your life. If Jessica had listened to any one of these warnings then maybe Jessica wouldn’t be face down in that dark alley, her blood slowly finding a path to the nearest gutter having been freed from it’s lifeless prison.

Not that Travis was complaining. Hell he took advantage of the stupidity of humans. It didn’t matter how long he stayed in a city, didn’t matter how many special bulletins, after school specials, or well meaning newspaper headlines were tossed out there; people in general were an arrogant lazy species that couldn’t be bothered to change; even at the expense of their own lives. If there were ever anything you could bank on, it was that sad, very sad fact. Travis pulled the powdered latex free gloves off of his hands, pulled out a lighter and watched as the gloves burned and melted into a black ooze. The cops would love it; more evidence that would go no where. Then, just like Jessica’s life – he vanished into the night.

---------------------------

Reads really well doesn’t it? Hell it almost reads as well as the aforementioned after school specials. That’s not where the story ends though. Fuck, that’s not even where the story begins, let alone ends. It is however the way I died; if you want to call it dying. You see, Travis wasn’t the only abomination in that back alley on that day. As soon as he left me for dead there was another that came out of the shadows. My savior.

She cut her skin and allowed her blood to flow into my mouth. She didn’t give me my life back; she gave me something much worse, and something much better. Yeah I know, it’s highly predictable as far as plot lines but I can promise you it gets better. She made me a vampire, and let me just start off by telling you that you guys have some pretty fucked up notions about us. But I suppose that’s just like every other group that’s not exactly like you. You create rumors out of fear. Of course one thing you are right about – but are too scared to actually say out loud. We are better than you.

By the way, my name is Jesse; not Jessica; I really want you to understand that. Don’t call me Jessica. The only person who called me Jessica, even back in the mid 80’s when Travis extinguished me, was my mother; and we’re not going to reverse that trend over 20 years later. Just because I agreed to tell you a little about my existence doesn’t mean you call me Jessica.

I can’t even believe we’re doing this. This smells very “Interview” you know. I thought you wanted to do something original. This isn’t original. This isn’t any where near original. It’s like you’re borrowing from all these played out stereotypical vampire plots and throwing them all together into some desperate attempt to get published. Are you still taping this? Turn that fucking thing off! I'm outta here...
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
This is the start of something... this scene (two scenes really) hit me clear as day... now I go back here and there to reread them... trying to see if I can at least prompt the next scene for me to capture... I love the start. Of course maybe Jesse really got pissed and won't ever come back. O.o

Routines

Isn’t it funny; routines are what people surround themselves with, spending a life time getting perfected. Routines make people feel safe and secure, and yet they are also the only thing a predator needs to take them out. They can be exploited quicker than an elderly woman by a shady home repairman. Routines. Everyday. Ordinary. Nothing to see here. Routines. If Jessica had known her routines would have led her to where she was, she most likely would have listened to all the after school specials warning young women to not go to work at the same time every day. The warnings on the radio that suggested not taking the same route everyday. The warnings in the newspapers stating that shaking up your routine even if just by fifteen minutes could help to save your life. If Jessica had listened to any one of these warnings then maybe Jessica wouldn’t be face down in that dark alley, her blood slowly finding a path to the nearest gutter having been freed from it’s lifeless prison.

Not that Travis was complaining. Hell he took advantage of the stupidity of humans. It didn’t matter how long he stayed in a city, didn’t matter how many special bulletins, after school specials, or well meaning newspaper headlines were tossed out there; people in general were an arrogant lazy species that couldn’t be bothered to change; even at the expense of their own lives. If there were ever anything you could bank on, it was that sad, very sad fact. Travis pulled the powdered latex free gloves off of his hands, pulled out a lighter and watched as the gloves burned and melted into a black ooze. The cops would love it; more evidence that would go no where. Then, just like Jessica’s life – he vanished into the night.

---------------------------

Reads really well doesn’t it? Hell it almost reads as well as the aforementioned after school specials. That’s not where the story ends though. Fuck, that’s not even where the story begins, let alone ends. It is however the way I died; if you want to call it dying. You see, Travis wasn’t the only abomination in that back alley on that day. As soon as he left me for dead there was another that came out of the shadows. My savior.

She cut her skin and allowed her blood to flow into my mouth. She didn’t give me my life back; she gave me something much worse, and something much better. Yeah I know, it’s highly predictable as far as plot lines but I can promise you it gets better. She made me a vampire, and let me just start off by telling you that you guys have some pretty fucked up notions about us. But I suppose that’s just like every other group that’s not exactly like you. You create rumors out of fear. Of course one thing you are right about – but are too scared to actually say out loud. We are better than you.

By the way, my name is Jesse; not Jessica; I really want you to understand that. Don’t call me Jessica. The only person who called me Jessica, even back in the mid 80’s when Travis extinguished me, was my mother; and we’re not going to reverse that trend over 20 years later. Just because I agreed to tell you a little about my existence doesn’t mean you call me Jessica.

I can’t even believe we’re doing this. This smells very “Interview” you know. I thought you wanted to do something original. This isn’t original. This isn’t any where near original. It’s like you’re borrowing from all these played out stereotypical vampire plots and throwing them all together into some desperate attempt to get published. Are you still taping this? Turn that fucking thing off! I'm outta here...
More, please!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post: