Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Talking The Do You Work Out Zone

Hello everyone! Thought I would start a thread for working out,exercise,nutrition,etc. If you talk to me for more than 5 minutes you will know I am a cycling crackhead and I love to do triathlons and long distance bike rides! Everyone come on in and tell us what you enjoy doing to stay in shape,what you would like to do to get in shape,and just hang out and shoot the breeze!! Shad
shadows papa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shadows papa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I have my own home gym and I workout 5 days a week. I'm just starting again after a layoff from exercise last October. I have long way to to get to where I was.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Howdy Jet and welcome. I here ya about the lifting weights and getting back into it. I only lift seriously in the winter and right now I'm doing a circuit routine that is whoopin' my butt! You'll get there dude! Glad to see ya here. Shad
Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, thanks papa...

fortunately, muscles have a memory as you know. I'll start seeing some gains in 4-5 weeks I expect. And yes, circuit training will kick your ass. lol
Old 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Talking This Weekend was for Mountain Biking Crackheads!

So this whole weekend was dedicated to mountain biking. I went up to my bro SnackTime's neck of the woods yesterday and we rode some of the trail system there that neither of us have been on before! It was a HOOT!!! We had a blast and I found one rock shelf dropoff that I didn't try,but it has me intrigued and I will try it the next time. Today I stayed close to home and rode a 10.2 mile trail we have at the state park here; narrow,leafy,twisty,hilly singletrack with several big bombing downhills followed by gut busting climbs. I managed to ride the entire trail and only crashed 5 times and bled twice! Ohhhhhh...and I lost my front brakes at the last two miles so that was a challenge! Happy weekend everyone...trudging off to do homework now!! GRRRRR! Shad
Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

GREAT thread Shad!

Yes, last weekend was fun!!! At least no trees were injured in our riding adventure on Saturday I took Sunday off because of being exhausted. I rode the mountain bike 4 out 6 days and got the road bike out once last week (the road bike was getting jealous)(LOL) I have not been to the gym since I have discovered my addiction to mountain biking. The weather has been so nice, I have been trying to get out and ride every chance I get.

SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I am heavy. However, after loosing weight, after 2 heart attacks I have slowed down drastically. I walk. Some days I have the energy to do so, and some I don't. I think life is very different as you age. Exercise is so very important. I used to be an exercise hound when I was younger. I was always out and about.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I so need to rediscover my love for long distance cycling. I do miss it (I dunno why but cycling in the US doesn't appeal to me as much as it did in Canada -- too many people?) Anyways, I'm trying to get back into some shape other than round. I got one of those IronGyms (fits into the doorway) so that I can try to do pullups even while lecturing or what-have-you. Also started running up and down the stairs (with a weird schedule like mine it can be tricky).

I think I'll have to look for a cycling/workout buddy in L.A. when we move their next year.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I have a PowerTec Home Gym, which is commercial gym quality. I bought their leverage system and squat machine. The best investment I ever made. Then i have a 300-pound Olympic barbell set and dial-up dumbells. I'm able to do about 90 exercises in my living room which includes all the main compound exercises and then the versions of them.

http://www.powertecfitness.com/
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Howdy fellow work outersss

I love to be physical and I try to run at least 2-3 times a week. Now that it is getting cooler I am hoping to find my stride once again. For motivation a friend and I registered for the Grandma's Marathon in Minnesota, June 2010.

Otherwise, I am a Vinyasa Yoga enthusiast and I also love to hike, explore, mountain bike, play sports (shut it, JAGG) and do anything that involves water.

Basically...being physical = very happy Nove
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Last year, I ran as part of my cardio. Now, my knees are weak and shot....at least it feels that way. But since I've started slowing on leg exercises, I'm able to strengthen my knees again.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Last year, I ran as part of my cardio. Now, my knees are weak and shot....at least it feels that way. But since I've started slowing on leg exercises, I'm able to strengthen my knees again.

Yoga, Jet, Yoga!!! I swear by it!!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
Yoga, Jet, Yoga!!! I swear by it!!!
Funny, a dear friend in North Carolina just recommended that a couple of days ago.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Waves to everybody! Jet when I pulled a hamstring a while back my doc told me that once it was well to work on strengthening my knees,work my hammies.Hope that helps a bit. Hi nove!! Why does Jagg need to "shut it" about sports??Monday was a long swim workout,3400 yds,then my mama's workout of cutting,trimming and dragging away small trees in her yard.. Yesterday I did my circuit workout at the school gym and today was a short swim workout, because I realized I haven't had a day off from working out in almost two weeks. And linus,anytime you get down around Tennessee,bring your bike,we'll ride! Have a good one y'all. Shad
Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
Waves to everybody! Jet when I pulled a hamstring a while back my doc told me that once it was well to work on strengthening my knees,work my hammies.Hope that helps a bit. Hi nove!! Why does Jagg need to "shut it" about sports??Monday was a long swim workout,3400 yds,then my mama's workout of cutting,trimming and dragging away small trees in her yard.. Yesterday I did my circuit workout at the school gym and today was a short swim workout, because I realized I haven't had a day off from working out in almost two weeks. And linus,anytime you get down around Tennessee,bring your bike,we'll ride! Have a good one y'all. Shad
yeah, I know.
I split legs in my regimen; I worked hamstrings Monday and quads and calves today. I hate it that I have to spent weeks getting back at it after such a long layoff.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I so need to rediscover my love for long distance cycling. I do miss it (I dunno why but cycling in the US doesn't appeal to me as much as it did in Canada -- too many people?) Anyways, I'm trying to get back into some shape other than round. I got one of those IronGyms (fits into the doorway) so that I can try to do pullups even while lecturing or what-have-you. Also started running up and down the stairs (with a weird schedule like mine it can be tricky).

I think I'll have to look for a cycling/workout buddy in L.A. when we move their next year.

I discovered my passion for cycling last year while trying to rehab a knee. It was easier to ride a bike than it was to walk, because of not having a lot of cartilage left in that knee. I have come along rather slowly, but I am getting there. I can tell that I am stronger than I was at the beginning of spring, so that does feel good! I can thank Shad for helping me discover my passion for cycling (road and mountain).

As Shad said, if you ever make it this way be sure to bring your bike...LOL
Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Today was another beautiful day here in Tennessee! I went out for another ride on the trails this afternoon. I ended up riding five miles, it was a great ride (taking more chances on the downhill parts).

I will probably hit the gym Monday since we are expecting rain.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Evening Shad,

Thank you for starting this thread! I love to Power walk, even though I have a gym membership, I prefer to walk outside. Especially now that the weather is starting to cool down here in Florida. What I like to eat is for breakfast, vanilla yogurt with organic granola, pecans and cranberries with chocolate SoyMilk. For a snack, I usually have a Odwalla bar<Banana Nut> and I drink plenty of water. For lunch, I have a fresh salad or sandwich with just mustard. For dinner I normally have chicken with brown rice and plenty of veggies. I do eat my chocolate<dark 85% or higher> and vanilla ice cream as a treat. As a result of everything, I lost 60lbs two years ago and I feel a lot better!

Have a good night,

Zimmy

Old 11-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #19
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Good Evening Shad,

Thank you for starting this thread! I love to Power walk, even though I have a gym membership, I prefer to walk outside. Especially now that the weather is starting to cool down here in Florida. What I like to eat is for breakfast, vanilla yogurt with organic granola, pecans and cranberries with chocolate SoyMilk. For a snack, I usually have a Odwalla bar<Banana Nut> and I drink plenty of water. For lunch, I have a fresh salad or sandwich with just mustard. For dinner I normally have chicken with brown rice and plenty of veggies. I do eat my chocolate<dark 85% or higher> and vanilla ice cream as a treat. As a result of everything, I lost 60lbs two years ago and I feel a lot better!

Have a good night,

Zimmy

That is AWESOME Zimmy! Keep on keeping on!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you SnackTime! My family and friends cannot believe I did it....

I am thinking of taking up riding a bicycle to go along with my power walking...Might help me loose the last 30lbs..

Have a good night,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
That is AWESOME Zimmy! Keep on keeping on!