Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 01-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #41
Bob

How Do You Identify?:
Jackass.

Bob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST ReputationBob Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Recently apretty bought a baggie full of small (about thumb size) plastic crawling babies. I asked her what she was going to make with them and why she needed them. There are just some things I don't understand I guess, she said they were for her "found art" project. Hopefully, they won't show up in some kinda baby wreath.
Maybe she's gonna put em in a bowl with raw eggs and tomato soup and make an abortion casserole.

Last edited by Bob; 01-02-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Thought of better phrasing.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #42
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Comes in....
reads......
looks around......
wonders if I should be in here......
I don't feel I fit in....
actually I feel as if I might have sinned...
I have a confession to make.....
Please don't hate me.......
but.....
well.....
you see.......
I'm organized
<hangs head in shame>

but I do love to create!!!!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Maybe she's gonna put em in a bowl with raw eggs and tomato soup and make an abortion casserole.
Oooooooooooomyyyyyyyy.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #44
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs View Post
Lol. Yeah, that was one sweet rat!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...id=18785687242

Does said rat have a name, Hudson?

Why yes he does, Urs. I call him...Rat.

<3
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #45
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Recently apretty bought a baggie full of small (about thumb size) plastic crawling babies. I asked her what she was going to make with them and why she needed them. There are just some things I don't understand I guess, she said they were for her "found art" project. Hopefully, they won't show up in some kinda baby wreath.
She "bought" objects for her "found" art project?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #46
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
She "bought" objects for her "found" art project?
dear art-hater,

but i *found* them in a baggie at the thrift store. totally counts!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
dear art-hater,

but i *found* them in a baggie at the thrift store. totally counts!
stop knowin' how to get me to approve your cheating
Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #48
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default been a long time since I rock and rolled

This piece is one of my latest. This means that I started it several months ago and it has been sitting, incubating since then. I will probably put a little more detail into it....eventually, but it is mostly finished.

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #49
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
This piece is one of my latest. This means that I started it several months ago and it has been sitting, incubating since then. I will probably put a little more detail into it....eventually, but it is mostly finished.

great color!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #50
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I hadn't done any fine art for almost 25 years when I did this portrait
of my grandmother in pencil on Bristol board. This was done with an acetate grid of half -inch squares over
the original photo which matched a faint pencil grid that I measured out on the Bristol sheet.

Then I scanned the pencil portrait at 600 dpi
and colorized it Photoshop.
The final output for framing is 16 x 22

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #51
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Wow! Y'all are doing some amazing art!

I've been burning glue again, but I have no pictures yet... actually, I keep forgetting to take pics before I either give things away or take them to the consignment store. Now if only they will sell, I will be a happy camper--but actually, I'm a happy camper just because I get to design and create. Once I have the shapes cut out, glued together, and burnt, I paint them, wire them together, and dangle all sorts of beads off them--they're shiny and they move, it makes my heart sing, lol....
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #52
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My design work is created in Adobe CS4. To recreate the Fox Theater in my home town in the 1950s for a poster, I used a faxed copy of a 1938 news clipping as my template. Then I added shots of Norman Rockwell and the album cover of American Graffiti to create the Fox Fountain cafe which was next door in the late 40s and 1950s. It took about 2 and half months to finish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #53
*Magic_and_Silk*

How Do You Identify?:
femme with a fetish for beautiful dresses.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, Miss, girl, Red...
Relationship Status:
single

*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello!

Thank you, Queen of Queens, for creating this thread. I am surprised that it has taken me this long to find it. Usually, I can use my creativity radar and hone right in.....

However...

About me...I am an artist, crafter, poet and sometime-seamstress. My art is my passion and oil painting and drawing are where my talent shines. My work has been compared to Dali and sometimes Tanguy (which humbles me more than any thing else).
To see my work, go to http://warningshot.deviantart.com/gallery I would love to know what you all think.

Some of my jewelry is there, too. But, I don't think I have added any of my Pagan Rosaries to that gallery.

In regards to my poetry, I may start a thread for my words sometime in the future. I haven't decided yet.

The seamstress part is that I make cloaks for Ren Faire and ritual. I also make other simple things. But, I have a difficult time with more difficult clothing items.

You might say that I have creative add...haha.

I have looked through the work of others here and I have to say that it is SO good to see so many creative people in one place.

ps. Jet, I don't know how you do it. CS4 and I DO NOT get along. It is still a mystery to me.

My joy in life comes from the Journey.

*Magic_and_Silk* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Magic_and_Silk* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #54
Jack
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/15/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Single

Jack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant future
Default wow

Magic and Silk. I just looked at your work on Deviant art.

Wow...you are incredibly talented. Im astonised. I love your work.

I love Dali too and there is a connection there.

Very gifted, you should have a Gallery and be famous ! LOL

Thank you for sharing.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #55
*Magic_and_Silk*

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Magic and Silk. I just looked at your work on Deviant art.

Wow...you are incredibly talented. Im astonised. I love your work.

I love Dali too and there is a connection there.

Very gifted, you should have a Gallery and be famous ! LOL

Thank you for sharing.
Jack, you flatter me beyond belief. I like that.
Thank you for taking the time out of your weekend to look at my gallery. I appreciate that so much. Believe it or not, I am a very small-time celebrity in the small town that I live in. People that I don't know say to me "Oh I have seen your work!". I am still not used to it.

Thank YOU for sharing! Have a wonderful week!

The Following User Says Thank You to *Magic_and_Silk* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #56
Jack
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/15/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Single

Jack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Magic_and_Silk* View Post
Jack, you flatter me beyond belief. I like that.
Thank you for taking the time out of your weekend to look at my gallery. I appreciate that so much. Believe it or not, I am a very small-time celebrity in the small town that I live in. People that I don't know say to me "Oh I have seen your work!". I am still not used to it.

Thank YOU for sharing! Have a wonderful week!
Thank You , you have a great week also !
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #57
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Guys! I have discovered Zazzle! Has anybody else got a shop there? I was tossing up between Zazzle and Cafepress. I'm not expecting to make a fortune on it or anything, but it's a good way to get my art work out there when it would otherwise just be sitting in my computer, forgotten.

Might do something on Cafepress too... I think Cafepress would be the more widely known website... but that's just a feeling.
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #58
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

I just sold a tie on Zazzle! Whoots A tie with kewpie dolls on it was the last thing I thought I'd sell, but hey, I'm not complaining!

This is what it looks like: http://www.zazzle.com/kewpie_tie-151995433592361135

I shan't get my hopes up about making my fortune and retiring in the bahamas just yet, but my first sale gave me a bit of a thrill
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #59
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, I'm a, oh, nevermind... just dripping by to see what-all you creative folks are doing.

Carmen

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #60
*Magic_and_Silk*

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Just stopping by to give this thread a *BUMP*.

I have been so busy lately, painting my newest oil painting, creating more jewelry and drawing. Hopefully, I will soon have some to add to the gallery, if I can figure out which pictures I want to replace.

Until then, I leave you with this; One of my Pagan Rosaries....

The Following User Says Thank You to *Magic_and_Silk* For This Useful Post:

Tags
art, performance, writing