Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 01-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #101
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I had said I think some cultures despise the aging because they consume less. I meant, because they buy less. Maybe you thought I meant, because they eat less?
No, I was looking at it from a different pov so I wanted to see where you were going with it. We're actually not too off in terms of what we think. I just approach it from a different side.

For me, I think the aged are not respected and treated appropriately in some cultures because they do not have what the young want. Nowadays, everything has to be faster, longer, stronger, more (here is where I see your pov) and anything that is not those things is pushed to the side. Disposable societies. Disposable people.

Many cultures are strictly about progress and don't take into consideration that you cannot see how far you've gone if you can't see where you started.

Thanks for the clarification!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #102
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default First Question..one word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I have a book called The Little Book of Big Questions. It has some interesting questions for thought in it, also has the author's idea of an answer.

I'll post a question for discussion, probably not every day but once or twice a week. Lets hear your views, who knows we may come across something we need to make a new thread topic for.

Question #1 1-23-11

What makes people wish for things they don't have?
Could it be jealousy?

Just taking a wild guess
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #103
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default My short take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Question #2
Why does money make some people proud and others humble?
Money is not everything,but it is.It takes money to live a comfortable life.I was born into a middle class family,a dysfunctional one,whatever the hell that means.
It didn't end up a happy story.I know the importance of money,but i'd slit my own wrist if it meant hurting others to arquire it.Money makes me proud to own new things but humble enough to share it with others,preferably family..cause I know what its like not to have it.

I don't know if that makes any sense,but i'm putting it out there.
Read it however you want.I think I know what I was trying to say..*snort*
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post: