Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #921
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
That's right Giants spanked the sucky 49ers....looking forward to another Superbowl win for my Giants against those Pansy Pats!!!

You meant Pesky Pats right?
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #922
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

You meant Pesky Pats right?

LOL sure pesky and pansy works for me
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #923
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LOL sure pesky and pansy works for me

Well, considering pansy is usually used as a derogatory term for gay folk, I'm thinking pesky might work better.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #924
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Even though Im excited about the Pats going to the superbowl...

even though i rooted for the 49ers for my littlest granddaughter (i really do not like the 49ers)

even though the Pats played like crap yesterday..(ugh)

even though the 49er-Giants game dragged out..

May the team that wants it more prevail.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #925
Slowpurr

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Relationship Status:

Slowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST Reputation

Will Tom and Eli be sharing a room in Indianapolis?

Slowpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slowpurr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #926
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Well, considering pansy is usually used as a derogatory term for gay folk, I'm thinking pesky might work better.

I respect you stance but for me that is the word I choose.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #927
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Too bad the Niners didn't make it, although I have no invested interest in any of the teams, it would have been nice to see them back in the big game.

Now onto basketball and baseball.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #928
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted the 49ers to win but since they didn't, those damn Giants won ~ now I'm definately cheering 100% for the Patriots to kick some Giant ASS

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #929
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I respect you stance but for me that is the word I choose.

Well, since the definition of pansy is:

pan·sy/ˈpanzē/
Noun:
1) A popular cultivated viola with flowers in rich colors, esp. the familiar Viola cornuta.
2) offensive. An effeminate or homosexual man.

I'm sure you wouldn't be using an offensive term, so you must find the Pats flowery. Or maybe cultivated.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #930
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious View Post
Well, since the definition of pansy is:

pan·sy/ˈpanzē/
Noun:
1) A popular cultivated viola with flowers in rich colors, esp. the familiar Viola cornuta.
2) offensive. An effeminate or homosexual man.

I'm sure you wouldn't be using an offensive term, so you must find the Pats flowery. Or maybe cultivated.
Why don't we actually post the whole definition as per
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pansy

Definition of PANSY

: a garden plant (Viola wittrockiana) derived chiefly from the hybridization of the European Johnny-jump-up (Viola tricolor) with other wild violets; also : its flower
a usually disparaging : a weak or effeminate man or boy
b usually disparaging : a male homosexual
See pansy defined for English-language learners »
See pansy defined for kids »
Origin of PANSY

Middle English pancy, pensee, from Middle French pensée, from pensée thought, from feminine of pensé, past participle of penser to think, from Latin pensare to ponder — more at pensive
First Known Use: 15th century

As with MOST words there are many meanings and usages. As previously stated you can not "like" the word as much as you want. That was my choice of words and I will continue to stand behind my choice of the word. Thanks for the definition but I am fully aware of the history behind the word. If we were to discontinue the usage of words that have been give derogatory power well we would not have much of a use for words.

That is the beauty in free speech. On a side note...no not flowers as you felt the need to ad but

a usually disparaging : a weak or effeminate man or boy

Which is how I view the Pats. Anything else?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #931
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Frankly, your defense of a word by saying you mean it in a derogatory sense astounds me. I really think that instead of being defensive, you could take into consideration that many of us find that word offensive for obvious reasons. Freedom of speech doesn't make it right.

I usually stay out of this kind of thing, but really, I am offended.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #932
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Frankly, your defense of a word by saying you mean it in a derogatory sense astounds me. I really think that instead of being defensive, you could take into consideration that many of us find that word offensive for obvious reasons. Freedom of speech doesn't make it right.

I usually stay out of this kind of thing, but really, I am offended.
I am not defensive cause frankly I do not need to defend my choice of words. I called them "Pansy Pat" that is not my first time calling them that here or elsewhere and will not be my last. The issue with the word that was pointed out is an issue urban society has given a word. Take whatever stance you want on it. I have taken mine. Thanks!

If you are offended of my choice of a word feel free to report my post or contact admin.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #933
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

hummm, Tranny is used all over these boards and I find it highly offensive. I chosse not to read those folks using it.

Pansy to me just means weak.

back to football?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #934
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
hummm, Tranny is used all over these boards and I find it highly offensive. I chosse not to read those folks using it.

Pansy to me just means weak.

back to football?
So when we come across something that we find offensive we should just choose not to read those folks using it and move on? One shouldn't point out, for example, someone's use of tranny as being offensive? Or Pansy?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #935
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
So when we come across something that we find offensive we should just choose not to read those folks using it and move on? One shouldn't point out, for example, someone's use of tranny as being offensive? Or Pansy?
I guess , if you are offened by any word its ok to say so, where my problem comes is the use of the word WE, like who has the right to speak for eveyone?

I hear both these words embraced by folks day in and day out. But i do work at one of the biggest LGBT Centers in the US

I can only speak for myself. Many find the word Queer offensive.

Maybe this needs to be another thread, This is a football thread.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #936
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Moderation

MissItalianDiva -

The word "pansy" was reported multiple times.

Here's something we all need to remember:

*ANY* term that disparages gay people, whether they be effeminate men, bulldykes, Lesbians, etc., when not used in the context of reclaiming is not only homophobic but against our TOS. Especially since this is a website geared toward the GLBTQIAA spectrum.

Here's the other problem with that word when used in the context of "a man not living up to societal standards of "macho": It reinforces a homophobic and sexist stereotype that "effiminate" is WEAKER or LESS THAN.

And that reinforcement will *never* be ok on this website.

Thanks,
Admin
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #937
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
MissItalianDiva -

The word "pansy" was reported multiple times.

Here's something we all need to remember:

*ANY* term that disparages gay people, whether they be effeminate men, bulldykes, Lesbians, etc., when not used in the context of reclaiming is not only homophobic but against our TOS. Especially since this is a website geared toward the GLBTQIAA spectrum.

Here's the other problem with that word when used in the context of "a man not living up to societal standards of "macho": It reinforces a homophobic and sexist stereotype that "effiminate" is WEAKER or LESS THAN.

And that reinforcement will *never* be ok on this website.

Thanks,
Admin

Thank you for the moderation. I however do not agree and will not retract my use of the word. I am not really concerned with how many times it was reported. Feel free to ban me or time me out. Thanks
Old 01-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #938
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thank you for the moderation. I however do not agree and will not retract my use of the word. I am not really concerned with how many times it was reported. Feel free to ban me or time me out. Thanks

MissItalianDiva-

I am not interested in your rebuttal on a moderation. I am not asking you to retract your use of the word, I am advising you that it is against the TOS and that if you use it again on this website, you will receive a 30-day time-out.

I have been clear. It is clear to me that you do not want to examine the sexism and homophobia in your use of that word and I'm actually ok with that.

You are now aware of the consequences of any further use of that word and I will not hesitate to enforce the guidelines that you agreed to when you joined this site.

It is time to move along. This issue is closed.

Thanks,
Admin
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #939
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Upcoming Superbowl decisions...decisions...

I have to say that I am really on the fence about the upcoming Superbowl. Though I am a fan of neither team, I do recognize their talent in making it through the playoffs.

Here's my inner (and now outer) monologue:

The Patriots are a well oiled machine. However, they seem to have skidded through by the skin of their teeth in the two games prior to yesterday's, and yesterday they really seemed to have been handed the game by the Raven's kicker. I do like Tom Brady.

The Giants, in my opinion, have played really well this year. I do not like The Giants, I do like Eli Manning. They are, again in my opinion, the underdogs of this game. Someone I do not like, offsite, hates The Giants.

My inner 5 year old will probably pick the underdog team, and the joy of hoping that someone will be disappointed if they win.

Either way, I really think it is going to be one helluva game. I love watching Superbowl games. I am sad that the Steelers and 49ers are out, but loving the Superbowl like I do, I will have to get over it so that I can still enjoy the game wholeheartedly.

End monologue....
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #940
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Upcoming Superbowl decisions...decisions...

My inner 5 year old will probably pick the underdog team, and the joy of hoping that someone will be disappointed if they win.
Since Da.Bears. are not playing, I have no vested interest; but, I too, usually root for the underdogs and even though a friend on the site is a huge Pats fan, if I watch the game, I will most likely root for whoever is losing. lol
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:

Tags
college, football, nfl, sec rules-big 10 drools, sports