Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-01-2023, 12:57 PM   #5321
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Happy 1st day of June <3

#me too @ Orema ☺️

I carry my cane in my car, in case anybody ‘rolls up’ on me, as well. 😎

I’ve done lots of walking over the past three weeks. Lots of housework, too.

I added bicycle riding into my weekly mix of exercise activities. My honey rides his bike daily and I follow his lead, lol, naturally. ❤️

Do any of you like to listen to tunes on SoundCloud???

Here is a tune I listen to when I’m walking for pleasure or riding my bike for pleasure…. I put it on looped, auto play and keep exercising until I nearly can’t make it back home ( that’s what taxis are for, lol).

https://on.soundcloud.com/2eHv59fGNDrgAjuM7

It’s a chill tune.

Hope everybody is doing well.

XOXO

❤️✨✨✨✨🌺🌺🌺🎉🎉🎉☀️☀️☀️

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2023, 07:58 AM   #5322
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,075 Times in 8,585 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

It was really good. Cycled indoor and did some calf stretches with a couple wedges. Cycling as been better and easier since I'm off the pain meds. I knew they slowed me down, but I didn't know how much till I got off them. Got up to 18mph for a couple minutes this morning for the second time this week.

I love cycling and watched the Tour de France Femmes while listening to Beyonce and Lizzo.

The Tour de France Femmes 2023 race starts in two weeks and I'll catch it on HULU or YOUTUBE, especially while exercising.

Think I'll add going to see this to my bucket list. Maybe.

Old 07-08-2023, 10:46 AM   #5323
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I did some walking around the upstairs of my house without a walker last night. My sense of balance has started to come back, just a bit; it was slow going. But I was able to do it without holding onto the walls and doorknobs, and more importantly, without falling down.

I'm still reserving the stairs for when I absolutely must leave the house, like for doctors' appointments and PT. I still have to scoot down on my butt. Going up the stairs, there's always the question "Will I have to sit on a step halfway, or can I climb all nine steps in a single go?" I count every excruciating step every time I do it. ("You've done five, you can do six. You've done six, you're two thirds of the way up.") But I DO it. When I have to.

I never thought a little kidney problem (ha!) would wipe me out so much. Lesson learned. Oh, BTW, another lesson learned - you can NOT take as much Benadryl as you want. (Follow those directions! And don't believe some former doctor from Germany who can't get a medical license in the U.S. when they tell you otherwise. Not even if they are now a nurse practitioner.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2023, 03:45 PM   #5324
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spent about 2.5 hours walking around the art festival and to and from my car this morning and early afternoon as well as some walking later today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2023, 07:54 AM   #5325
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I spent about 2.5 hours walking around the art festival and to and from my car this morning and early afternoon as well as some walking later today.
That's a great way to get some exercise. My problem is that I'd spend too much money the way I've been spending this month. Glad you found the goodies you wrote about in another thread.

And I had a good ride this morning. My new average is 35 minutes and 7.5 miles a ride. My goal is to get to 45 minutes at least once a week. Maybe I'll meet that goal and maybe I won't, we'll see. Would be good if I could do 45 min a day, but I'm not ready to set that for a goal. These days my goals are based on time and not speed nor miles. I just want to keep these knees cycling for at least 35 minutes on the days I ride.

I bought a stair stepper during Amazon Prime. I don't have steps and seldom use them, so I'm hoping this will help strengthen the knees and develop my glutes. We'll see.

Hoping everyone is doing well and getting in a step or two each day.
Old 07-27-2023, 07:03 AM   #5326
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning and yesterday. Haven't been riding much. Mind has been on replacing computer, drives, vacuum and eyeglasses. Errything is up and running so I'm back on the bike. Surprisingly, I'm still in the 35 minute zone. Surprised because it's not as hard as it used to be. My body knows this but my mind is still adjusting.

While riding I watched a video of the Tour de France Femmes preparing for the race that's going on right. Wishing I was there to cheer them on. Maybe at another time.

Hoping everyone is well and gettin in a step or two.

Old 07-29-2023, 09:57 PM   #5327
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Hoping everyone is well and gettin in a step or two.
I've been walking all over the place! I finally gave in and got cortisone shots in my knees (with which I also received a lengthy lecture about having bariatric surgery and losing weight) and it was worth it. My knees haven't felt this good in a long time. I understand it will wear off and there's a limit to how often I can get the shots, but for now, I'm really enjoying going places I've avoided for years and being outside.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2023, 12:50 PM   #5328
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I actually made it to the gym on Thursday and did about 45 minutes on the elliptical and all was good but the endorphins were setting in and it suddenly seemed like a good idea to do some ab work too.

I haven't worked my core outside of work in so long that I cannot give an accurate time frame. This was *not* a good idea but I wound up doing some incline crunches for both the upper and lower abs. Lower abs, fine. Upper abs, bad idea. I was already tender and sore Thursday night and it was not easy standing straight up for the next two days either because I forgot to stretch afterwards and they got tight. They are okay today, though, so I guess it's time to get back in there and work them again. *whimper*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #5329
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Happy to hear. I always tell people how I had a Cortizone shot in my hip after a year of pain, and it totally took it away, and it never ever came back! I wish you the same good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I've been walking all over the place! I finally gave in and got cortisone shots in my knees (with which I also received a lengthy lecture about having bariatric surgery and losing weight) and it was worth it. My knees haven't felt this good in a long time. I understand it will wear off and there's a limit to how often I can get the shots, but for now, I'm really enjoying going places I've avoided for years and being outside.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2023, 01:18 PM   #5330
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I’ve been doing 10,000 steps every day using my Fitbit since July 2021. I love it!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2023, 05:36 AM   #5331
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Have been avoiding the concrete, but thought I'd give it a try this morning. Had a good .5 mile walk in the neighborhood. Took some photos of one of my neighbor's garden. So colorful and just lovely.

I took my cane with me but didn't need it at all. Still, glad I had it in case I run into a hungry bear or those gangster geese. I better get as much outdoor walking as I can while I can because the snow will be here before I know it.

I might ride the bike later this morning. We'll see.

Hope y'all are doing well and getting in a step or two.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:19 PM   #5332
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I went to physical therapy today. I was able to get through it pretty well, and I only had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath before finishing out a set. In addition to putting hot towels on my shoulder (what the PT is for), they very kindly offered to put hot towels on my knees too. That part was great.

The hard part was getting there. I very nearly didn't go. I kept having to break up the actions into smaller steps: "Okay, you may or may not go to PT, but at least you can take a shower." "Okay, you may or may not go, but you can at least pick out some clothes." "Okay, you walked downstairs, so you're halfway there, you might as well go." Even driving there, I was like, "If there's not a handicapped spot by the door, you can turn around and go home."

But I made it. Yay me!

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2023, 07:10 AM   #5333
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning. Didn't ride for a few days, but gave it a try this morning after a good sleep last night. Did better than expected. Was going to stop just as Latto and Mimi came on the youtube rotation.

Old 08-16-2023, 05:51 PM   #5334
kvedd

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
anything girly and cute
Relationship Status:
Hopefully optimistic...

kvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputationkvedd Has the BEST Reputation

An hour and a half of lifting with my littles running around and dropping their popsicles all over the garage 😩 lol.
kvedd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kvedd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2023, 07:00 AM   #5335
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning while watching a Bike the World video in France. Had a UTI and that knocked me off my schedule for awhile, but all is better and I'm back on the bike. Am averaging 5 miles a day with 40 small-circle arm rolls. Could be better and could be worse.

Have been doing more housework and am enjoying that. Was able to clean the kitchen from top to bottom with only one break and I can vacuum all the area rugs without a break.

I plan on power cleaning my walkway before the snow comes. Maybe I'll hold off on that till next year.

Hope everyone is getting in a step or two.

Old 09-01-2023, 09:30 AM   #5336
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,506 Times in 10,197 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Being super busy at work, has brought on a ton more steps, that's for sure. However, more comfort food (Brownies)has been eaten . I suppose it's an even swap. Lol

Today I plan to do lots of upper body moving.
Going to go scrub down the storm awnings while they are still down.

Before the storm, lots of weight lifting and deep bends while finishing my paver project.
I can combine exercises within my daily life. Or else...I keep finding things to do.

A few afternoon storms will be heading my way, hoping to cool it off, so I can get my bike out later this evening.

Still moving my belt notches over, or else I loose my britches. Yay me!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2023, 07:09 AM   #5337
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had another good ride on the bike this morning. Better than the last couple days when I just wasn't feelin' it. Got in a bunch of small-circle arm rolls and am feeling stronger in my upper body. I hadn't been feeling weak, but I noticed that the arm rolls are getting easier.

Walked sweet Bella a couple mornings this week but she's only 7 lbs so we only go on short walks. Still, it's a few more steps to add to my day.

Old 09-25-2023, 05:19 AM   #5338
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride before the sun rose. Got up earlier than usual, but that's cool. Stopped riding just as the sun was coming up and the sky started changing to a rose color.

Will a get a few steps on the clock when I go out today.

Have been watching a Master Class at HooplaDigital.com as I ride, but I've checked out my monthly limit of books and movies. Will listen to Michael Harriot's history book or some youtube vids for the rest of the month.

Hope y'all get in a few steps this week.

Old 09-25-2023, 06:06 PM   #5339
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Orema, glad to hear your progress report. I’ve been getting about 16K — 18K steps a day or better. But it just makes me hungry and I’ve yet to see any real positive side effects to all these steps I keep walking, lol.

If I successfully get signed up for Medicare, I hear they give us an “allowance” to pay for a gym membership. I’m going to see if I can do the one type of membership that allows me to get Red Light Therapy. R. L. T. Has many benefits. For example, exposure to Red Light stimulates your body’s own collagen and it improves how your joints can move, and it aids in dealing with seasonal affective disorder which improves your mental health outlook. I’ve heard Planet Fitness is a good gym choice. We shall see.

Happy almost October. 🎃🍁🍁🍁

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2023, 06:27 PM   #5340
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I’ve been getting about 16K — 18K steps a day or better. But it just makes me hungry and I’ve yet to see any real positive side effects to all these steps I keep walking, lol.
I really like a podcast called "Science Vs". They look at different popular beliefs and compare them to the scientific evidence. They list their sources in the transcript and there are usually over 100. This past season they did one on "Exercise".

It was really eye-opening. One belief they disproved (mostly) is that exercise makes you lose weight. Apparently it takes a lot more exercise than people think to lose weight, and even then it isn't much. However, they did find a lot of evidence that exercise considerably prevents heart disease and cancer.

So you are probably doing lots of good with your exercise. It's just not noticeable without running some medical tests (and who wants to do that?).

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights