Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #1
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

vagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Surfing, Snowboarding, Skateboaring

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, I guess it's somewhat of a specialty sport, but perhaps there exists a girl or boi on here that likes board sports.

I just went out surfing today after 3 months of going without, and I feel inspired to start this thread. There's nothing like catching that perfect ride, whether it's an ocean wave or slicing through fresh powder and laying down fresh tracks.

vagina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The pics for this thread will be stunning! I always wanted to learn to surf but I'm allergic to sharks.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

vagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputationvagina Has the BEST Reputation

Oh lord, 6am sessions are inspirational... for posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Big time snowboarder here in Colorado... however, awfully landlocked for the surfing skills I picked up in Nicaragua a couple years ago.

But there is, indeed, absolutely nothing else that compares to riding a nice wave, carving on a snowboard or riding some freshy fresh waist deep powder! It's also a sensation that is hard to describe to people that don't know it - the closest thing to zen.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Default for traumaqueen

I think you know what I'm talking about

Quick question, have you ever tried a split snowboard?

Also, surfing in Nicaragua is one of my favorite memories
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome!! The Nic was, well... gorgeous and much fun. When I arrived down there, the World Masters was happening at Colorado Beach (made me chuckle...) Hacienda Iguana. It was quite inspirational! But I'm still pretty much a novice on the surfboard.

Yesss, on the split boards. I do a lot of backcountry. They are definitely most handy... but, in my opinion, you pay with performance. Not so much on the pow, but in otherwise tricky conditions. I still prefer packing in my conventional board. And besides, skins are overrated on some hikes!

Where do you typically ride?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

My home mountain is Mammoth Mountain in California.

I've snowboarded Utah, Tahoe, Argentina. Hoping to make it to Colorado one of these days. These days I'm also learning to ski.

I want to know more about split boards and your recommendations since I like hiking. Typically I have a backpack that I strap my board to and hike in my boarding boots. Split boards are good after a good dumping, right?

Here's one more to drool over:

“For the cover of SNOWBOARD’s inaugural Women’s Issue, we wanted to show the beauty and elegance that is women’s snowboarding,” Mike Basher, Photo Editor at SNOWBOARD Magazine. “What better than a perfect powder slash under a scenic Japanese sunset, featuring Gretchen Bleiler.”
Old 06-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:

Definitely! First... a safety moment: if you haven't... make sure the first $ you spend on new gear is for a good avalanche beacon with multiple antennas and good range. The end.

I do pretty much the same, got a couple of board packs that I use depending on the hike. Carry a couple telescoping/probe ski poles for hiking. But typically hike in my boarding boots with snowshoes or crampons... if you gotta do what you gotta do to get through!

Ya know as far as the split boards go, maybe check out Jeremy Jones' line, and Teton Gravity Research. He really pioneered it, if you ask me!

Nice pic!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Trauma, do you do any of this:

And I found this:

Old 06-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:

Naaaah, I'm too old for that nonsense lol. Hit my head way too many times in the half pipe, I try not to purposely go inverted anymore. But it's a beauty to watch! I like more big mountain freeriding, I'll catch air, but it's more the jumping down a cliff variety!

Found this today on TGR's site, this would definitely be the surf film Wes Anderson would make!

Makes me want to get back down to Nicaragua again...quick.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #11
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

I'm with ya trauma... I don't do much in the park anymore after a broken wrist from the halfpipe kept me away from the sport for 3 years.

I love catching air on cliff jumps and landing in fresh powder, and slicing through pow first thing in the morning... like butter.

Thanks for the video, I'm really enjoying it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #12
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Default 16 year old sponsored surfer/ overhead waves.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #13
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:

Super cool
Old 06-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Wow Traumaqueen, that video was so amazing. I don't know how or where you found it, or how long it took you to find it. I never imagined such a thing exists. Those were magical images to capture.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #15
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

One for Traumaqueen:

One for me:

And one for the both of us:

Nancy Emerson smashing the lip while sharing a wave with Mark Livingston. 9/4/69 (hand written date on back of photo) Photo by Leroy Grannis

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vagina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #16
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Default Dreaming of warm water and surfing Nica

Old 07-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #17
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:

Old 07-06-2014, 01:44 AM   #18
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Default Woohooo

Old 08-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #19
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Default Cannot wait to get back in the water

Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #20
vagina
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Tags
skateboarding, skiing, snowboarding, sports, surfing