Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Dapper, I took a peek at the elliptical I was talking about earlier. It's a Cybex 750A.

Amazon.com: CYBEX 750A Arc Trainer: Sports & Outdoors

As you can see, it's pretty big, so if you were looking for something that would break down or fold up, this won't work. There's also a 750AT model.

I hope this helps.
Thank you, Gemme. I appreciate you taking the time to write this down/send me the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
Dapper, I did some serious research into the TreadClimber a couple of years back because it intrigued me. I detest treadmills,steppers,ellipiticals, etc but the thought of a combo of all three did make me look twice. All the reviews I have read say the same thing...."It works for weight/fat loss, but it's loud and it breaks a lot" I had a Bowflex Ultimate 2 weight machine at one time,and I loved it. Their customer service is second to none but you either have to install replacement parts for the TreadClimber yourself,or pay their service people to come out and do it. The issues seem to be with either the treadles or the belt. They seem to wear out rather quickly for such an expensive machine. When I do use an elliptical at my school gym it gives you the option of using the arm handles to work your upper body. One thing that I found that works for me is to push my feet down hard into the cradles while working my arms on the handles. This increases resistance AND provides an isometric workout for your quads. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info. Yes, I have a bowflex for strength training also, and found it to be a very solid machine. That is why the tread climber is a strong consideration for me (b/c it is made by Bowflex).

I'll have to look for reviews too, was just hoping to find someone here who has one. Thanks so much for the info.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: