Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wedding Planning

Now that "same sex" marriages are legal in so many states (sorry if yours is not one yet, but hopefully it will be soon!) are any of you out there planning a wedding?

DJ4321 and I are getting married on September 19th, 2015. We are in the midst of planning the wedding. There are SO MANY things to consider! It's fun at times and stressful at times.

If you are already married, what parts of your wedding did you like the most and what would you have done differently?

If you are like us, and in the midst of planning what have you done so far?

All ideas welcome here for any part of the process of planning a wedding...especially the ones that tend to save money or be on the inexpensive side.

I would love to hear stories and ideas about engagements, wedding planning, the actual wedding, and the reception...and even great places to take the honeymoon.

nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I'll go first!

DJ proposed to me in September last year in front of my family...since then we've been dreaming and planning of our wedding day.

We have done these things:

*Picked out an officiant (a lesbian pastor I am friends with)
*Picked a location for the ceremony: A friend offered her beautifully landscaped large backyard
*Secured a VFW Hall for the reception
*Chose the colors blue and purple for the wedding colors
*Chose and asked the wedding party to be in our wedding
*Started getting the guys and girls fitted for suits and dresses
*Chose the wedding rings
*Decided on cupcakes instead of a big cake, but bakery is yet to be determined
*Hired a DJ for the reception, and are thinking about using him for the Ceremony as well
*Ordered the bridal party gifts
*Asked my Dad to walk me down the isle
*Had my Mom help me shop and we purchased my wedding gown
*Started thinking about what the flowers will be like

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Bumping....

OMG, have you seen the price of wedding photograhers?
The Following User Says Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Now that "same sex" marriages are legal in so many states (sorry if yours is not one yet, but hopefully it will be soon!) are any of you out there planning a wedding?

DJ4321 and I are getting married on September 19th, 2015. We are in the midst of planning the wedding. There are SO MANY things to consider! It's fun at times and stressful at times.

If you are already married, what parts of your wedding did you like the most and what would you have done differently?

If you are like us, and in the midst of planning what have you done so far?

All ideas welcome here for any part of the process of planning a

wedding...especially the ones that tend to save money or be on the inexpensive side.

I would love to hear stories and ideas about engagements, wedding planning, the actual wedding, and the reception...and even great places to take the honeymoon.

First off, best wishes for a long and happy life together!

The best part of our Wedding (besides marrying my soulmate), was having the ceremony in my mothers backyard so she could be there.

The only thing i would have done differently, was to avoid marrying on a holiday weekend without a lot of pre-planning, as important people were unable to change plans and attend. In California, we had such a short window during the summer of 2008 when marriage was legal, that we took one of the first available weekends (July 3rd) to have our ceremony.

Words of wisdom: no matter what people tell you you have to do, or should do...only do what makes both of you happy.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Bumping....

You could have a small package of wedding photographs done by a professional, or a great friend with style, and spread some disposable cameras around at the reception and ask your friends and family to take candid shots for you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 05:10 AM   #6
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
First off, best wishes for a long and happy life together!

The best part of our Wedding (besides marrying my soulmate), was having the ceremony in my mothers backyard so she could be there.

The only thing i would have done differently, was to avoid marrying on a holiday weekend without a lot of pre-planning, as important people were unable to change plans and attend. In California, we had such a short window during the summer of 2008 when marriage was legal, that we took one of the first available weekends (July 3rd) to have our ceremony.

Words of wisdom: no matter what people tell you you have to do, or should do...only do what makes both of you happy.
Thank you for the hints...I have had a lot of people say to me that we should only do what makes us happy...and we are doing exactly that, even if it's a little different.

Quote:
You could have a small package of wedding photographs done by a professional, or a great friend with style, and spread some disposable cameras around at the reception and ask your friends and family to take candid shots for you.
Great idea! We hadn't thought of that. Thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #7
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Wheee, we're going to a Wedding Fair this weekend.
Doing research on Photographers, cakes (cupcakes), Limos and flowers.
I think it'll be fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #8
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation
Smile just beginning

We're planning on an early October ceremony. But the only thing we've managed to book is the honeymoon.
But we're viewing venues and discussing details, creating Pinterest boards. We'll get there. I love that we're planning this day together. ♡
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Wheee, we're going to a Wedding Fair this weekend.
Doing research on Photographers, cakes (cupcakes), Limos and flowers.
I think it'll be fun!
When we got married, cupcakes had just become popular for weddings, so we did cupcakes in our colors, and a small "wedding cake" with a topper we picked out from a cake decorating place. That way we still had a cake to cut, but our guests could be served immediately and with little mess.

It's nice that you have time to do all of the planning and research...we were in such a rush, that by the time the day got there, i was a frazzled mess! Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #10
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Bumping....

Outrageous, right? That was the most expensive part of my wedding.

Quote:
The only thing i would have done differently, was to avoid marrying on a holiday weekend without a lot of pre-planning, as important people were unable to change plans and attend.
This. Places are more expensive, people have plans and/or can't get the time off (especially retail folks).

Quote:
Tried to save money, bought recycled ones. Photos that *could* be seen looked like they were from the 60s. Didn't find out until after they were exposed - had to pay for them regardless. Save yourself the trouble and buy brand new!

Quote:
When we got married, cupcakes had just become popular for weddings, so we did cupcakes in our colors, and a small "wedding cake" with a topper we picked out from a cake decorating place. That way we still had a cake to cut, but our guests could be served immediately and with little mess.

It's nice that you have time to do all of the planning and research...we were in such a rush, that by the time the day got there, i was a frazzled mess! Lol
We had multiple flavors if I remember correctly - vanilla, almond, chocolate I think? and then the cake almond flavored. Easy peasy clean up! Had a guy who was a one-man show make them, it was $250 total for our cake, a cake for my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary and 100 cupcakes. Minimal decorating, multiple colors and flavors.

Good luck!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #11
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My partner and I got engaged this past November. We live IN Tennessee so not legal here at the moment. We're holding off on actually getting married, because I think by the year's end it will be legal everywhere. TN is one of the states going before the Supreme Court, very exciting times indeed!