Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

View Poll Results: I prefer to...
Kill any spider or bug that gets into my home. 45 27.27%
Get somebody else to kill any spider or bug that gets into my home. 21 12.73%
Kill bugs but not spiders. 7 4.24%
Kill spiders but not bugs. 8 4.85%
Release spiders and/or bugs outside. 70 42.42%
Other (Explained Below) 14 8.48%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #61
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

We are having the same issues down here. It's awful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
We have flease. we have done flea spray, capstar, first shield, advantage, flea collars, yard spray, 8 pounds of borox, and dawn soap.

We- the dogs and now me, anytime I sit down for a second that is, still have the damn fleas.

We have vacuumed the house. Even the hard wood floors. Thrown away dog pillows and blankets. Got rid OUR mattress.

I am loosing my mind.

Maybe I DO want a collar. A flea collar of my very own.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #62
Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up in Australia so I say if the bug isn’t big enough to put a saddle on or you can’t tell if its grimacing at you- then leave it be.

But I live in a household with 2 teenage girls and a high femme, all of whom go from being Lara Croft to chair climbing, high pitched, eye closing, arm waving, mob bosses demanding that “it” die the moment a spider crosses their path. I’ve often thought about sending a note to their math teacher, asking why the teenagers believe that something smaller than a piece of rice is actually “at least 6 inches round”.

My femme, she is a little better, but put an earwig near her, and she makes the teenagers look like bouncers at a leather bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I am a big fan of catch and release.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #64
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

A friend just told me on Facebook that she was advised by her vet that the topical flea control stuff is not working this year.
She recommended comfortis- and her dog is flea free.

Im taking a deep breath here. The money we have been spending of flea stuff has really been adding up. But as I look over at my dog, I can visably SEE the damn things crawling on him.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #65
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Before you spend the 90 bucks on comfortis - my two dogs are on it and they still have fleas - not as bad as before, but they aren't eliminated.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #66
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
A friend just told me on Facebook that she was advised by her vet that the topical flea control stuff is not working this year.

Im taking a deep breath here. The money we have been spending of flea stuff has really been adding up. But as I look over at my dog, I can visably SEE the damn things crawling on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Before you spend the 90 bucks on comfortis - my two dogs are on it and they still have fleas - not as bad as before, but they aren't eliminated.
This may sound crazy, but find an Amway distributor in your area and buy a bottle of LOC. It's very mild, organic stuff and I've used it safely even on rescued newborns puppies and kittens.

You'll pretty much have to wash everything...and the animals daily for awhile, because it's not a pesticide. It's an organic cleaner...and a serious wetting agent...so it breaks down the little air bubble that fleas put around them to survive a bath. Basically, you're gonna drown the little buggers.

It's a pain, but it's safe, and it works...and it's not poison. (And no, I'm not an Amway distributor )
Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #67
Converse

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Married

2 Highscores

Converse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST ReputationConverse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Does your dog surf? 5 minutes in the ocean- I'm guessing its the salt water- and no more fleas! has worked for me (and the dog) every time. Not sure what you do about ones that might already be in the house though
The Following User Says Thank You to Converse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #68
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Joxer would totally do it. Moose however, well, bless her- that 110 pound princess doesnt even like to get her paws wet on GRASS. So, no, surfing would be out for her.

Plus, the ocean is I think, at lease 6 hours away. SIGH.

I rather like the idea of THIS though..
http://www.arbico-organics.com/produ...de-fleas-ticks

has anyone tried one?
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #69
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

My vet has recommended that I do Advantage then Frontline the next month. Says the fleas are getting resistant and this will help.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #70
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

with garage opener, I entered the garage as the lifted ... felt a web across my face and uttered, "eeew." then, i felt a thud on my head, and I quickly started brushing my head as I ran screaming from the garage.
I did not put the garbage out tonight
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #71
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

As I posted earlier today on Facebook... unknowingly walking headfirst into a spiderweb is never fun, but doing so after just applying fresh mascara is hideous!!! *shudder*

In the house, I actually don't mind those whatchamacallit granddaddy longlegs things. I usually end up showering with 2 or 3 in the corner near the ceiling. They are never a nuisance. When I was a kid my grandmother used to pick them up and let them crawl over her hands, so I did the same. OTHER spiders, however, are a different story. Anything looking even remotely "hairy" is a deal breaker. If I spot them first, I can usually "trap and release", but heaven forbid they launch a sneak attack such as dangling down a web in front of my face or dropping onto my shoulder. Then, they get smacked and flung and stomped upon.

As for outside, that's their turf. They have every right to be there, as long as they aren't building webs for me to get stuck in my mascara. *still shuddering* I do check the type of spider though, if it's close enough to the house. I live in the NC mountains, and especially since I'm in the woods we end up with a lot of brown recluse and black widow. Sadly, if I spot one of those they get the 15-ft-away-foaming-bee-spray. I love that stuff cause I can stand far enough away without getting jumped on by creepy crawlies, and also because instead of just a liquid stream that could miss, it's a nice foam that will cover and then deteriorate within seconds. It's great for those with bad aim in the face of scary monsters! LOL

All this pretty much just covers spiders. Any other type of bug doesn't rate on my scale, so they're safe....lol

And as for snakes, well... I have a really bad habit of just grabbing them up, poisonous or non... I've had a snake fascination since I was a kid. Luckily I was taught at an early age by my grandparents and great-grandma how to distinguish poisonous vs nonpoisonous native snakes, and how to properly handle them. I guess it comes from living in the mountains for so long, and with my great-grandma it probably had a lot to do with her being Cherokee and seeming to know everything about everything in nature (at least to a kid..lol). I learned to respect nature early on. We, as with every other living creature, are just playing a role in the grand scheme of things. Even the tiniest insect has a purpose...

Last edited by dixie; 06-17-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: brain fart...misspelled word...LOL
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #72
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I kill all except for ladybugs, the occasional green lizard, crickets and certain kinds of beetles. I gently catch the ones I mentioned, take them outside and set them free.

I cannot stand a roach or fly in my house - they put me in super stealth commando mode until I have eliminated them. Ants just purely piss me off.

hey dixielady, I was notorious about catching snakes when I was a child too. Once I was sleeping over at a friend's house who lived in the country - think I was in third grade. Anyway, I caught a baby diamond back rattlesnake and put it in a jar. My friend and I hid it under her bed. Her big sister found out, told on me. I got in a whole lot of trouble. Reptiles have always fascinated me - especially alligators.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #73
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow A pictorial

I only like the bugs from here:

These:

NOT SO MUCH!!

I've learned to instead of :

I now just:

So Grant can "rescue" them:

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #74
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Just the title of this thread has made me cringe..ugh. I realize they are a needed part of the ecosystem BUT in this case I am willing to jeopardize it if need be. I refuse to not have someone stomp on them
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #75
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

This is a confessional thread ...
I am deathly afraid of spiders. Even tiny ones. If they are outside, I give them wide berth, but do not kill them. I cannot, and I'vd tried, get newspaper and scoop them up and take them outside. I have an anxiety attack worrying that they will ... and they have ... get to my hand that is holding the paper before I get them outdoors. So, I have a designated boot It shames me, but that's the truth.

On the other hand, I'll pick up snakes, lizards, etc. without a second thought. Freud would've had a grand time with me
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #76
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Most bugsI can live with,they go back outside.Spiders..any kind.. best not enter the house..If my fur kids get to them first they have a chanch, if I do ...well..a stomp clears that problem up.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #77
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

My policy for when there is a spider or a bug in the house is pretty simple: if it is venomous or poisonous it dies, otherwise I just toss it outside for the lizards to deal with

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #78
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

theres a thread for theo?

( see sig pic )

l
l
l
V

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #79
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer to relocate bugs of any kind when I can, however spiders seem to find me tasty and they are wily, so sadly, they may succumb to the boot. If they would understand that when I open the door I am suggesting they just run for their little eight legged lives, we would not have a problem, just sayin'.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #80
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I only like the bugs from here:

These:

NOT SO MUCH!!

I've learned to instead of :

I now just:

So Grant can "rescue" them:

Those are some DAYUM big bugs.

Now that I work in the storage industry, I don't even give them a chance. The space needs to be swept and cleaned out and done fast. If they run, good. If not, there's a push broom, a regular broom and my foot to assist in making my preference clear.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote