Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pagan

Welcome to Pagan, a thread to discuss all forms of Nature spirituality, the occult and paranormal, alternative spiritualities, psychic phenomena, Wicca, Shamanism, Animism, Eclecticism, and whatever else wanders through our minds.

Samhain has just passed, and Hallowtide--those three days of celebrating the Ancestors, both far removed and most recent--and now the Wheel of the Year turns forward. In Celtic culture this is the New Year, and what could be more appropriate than a new beginning at the start of a new year? Come in, sit down, get comfy--and let's talk.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

An introduction--Hello! I'm Cath, screen name Bit; I answer to both but prefer Cath.

I'm an Eclectic Pagan. My family has Christian roots that go back hundreds if not at least a thousand years; it was hard to buck that, but Christianity just didn't fit me. I couldn't force myself to accept it, yanno? I just could not believe it. And when I finally discovered a book called When God Was a Woman, by Merlin Stone, I was shocked, astonished that I could have not recognized myself for so many years: I have always been Pagan. I grew up Pagan, despite my family's indoctrination. I have always seen the living world around me and known its Spirit.

My first steps into the world of acknowledged Paganism came through the Women's Spirituality Movement, through the Feminist Movement, and through books about both women's spirituality and Wicca, especially Dianne Stein's books and Starhawk's books. It took me a while, but I finally realized that although Wicca speaks deeply to me on many levels, I really don't feel comfortable in any one religion. I came to understand myself as an Eclectic Pagan, drawing what works for me from every spiritual source I could to craft a tradition, a way of life, that is intimately my own. Along the way, I explored the roots of Christianity and Judaism, the roots of Paganism, some Shamanic traditions, Buddhism, and even Humanism.

I am amused to tell you that after all that exploring, a large part of my inspiration, ethics, and philosophies come from none of those, but from science fiction and fantasy novels. I guess that's where all the "like minds" migrated to, since there was no room for them in the established institutional traditions!

As a Pagan Priestess, I work mostly with the Goddesses, but as an Eclectic Pagan, I pretty much speak to everyone and everything around me. I always seek to feel connected to the Land wherever I live, and to honor those who have lived here before me as well as those who share it with me now.

My primary psychic skill is Empathy. It's been hard, growing up an Empath in a skeptical world, and I still struggle with believing in myself sometimes.

So how about you? What kind of Path have you followed to get where you are today? What skills and talents have you wrestled with, what explorations have you made, to become who you are today? Who has inspired you along the way?

Let's talk!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

When my sister was diagnosed with skin cancer, it took my breath away. She was the only one who I could talk too. I converted to organized religion (Roman Catholic) hoping that God would spare her life. She still died.

I have always been spiritual. Not into Wiccan, or Pagan. Just hoping and praying to God that my decisions and my responsibilites in life were the right ones for me.

I know that you played a huge role in my top surgery nightmare, Cath. It is something that I will never forget. I think that we are all connected in some way or another.

Life is a gift. We all have different gifts to share, and to hold out our hands and help each other. Some will, some won't. Some have different motives that are less than admirable. But like my Grandmother always said, the dirt always comes out in the wash.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

glad to be here, im an eclectic person but i truly believe in the goddess and all her forms. Im interested in all spirtuality but pagan and heathen is what is in my soul. hello to everyone
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Andrew}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hello and welcome!

Andrew, darlin, it doesn't work to bargain with God when someone is sick, and I truly don't think He would hold you to the that conversion if you find it doesn't work for you. It's so hard to know what will help when someone we love is dying, and people tell us all kinds of things, "do this" or "do that," and if it doesn't work? They tell us WE didn't have enough faith.

I say bullhockey. That's just absolute bunk.

People die for all kinds of reasons, and sometimes it's because their bodies wear out. Sometimes it's because they give up. Sometimes it's because they're needed on the next part of their life journey.

I personally believe in reincarnation... I mean HECK, if I cannot bear to waste a perfectly good paper bag, how could God bear to waste a perfectly good soul, right? So I believe that sometimes when people die young, it's because they have to be in place when it's time to be born again to their next set of parents.

A friend of mine has a brand new granddaughter and she was in danger of H1N1 because her sisters caught it, so I prayed for her. Later I asked how she was and my friend said all three girls were fine, healthy again---and sent me pictures of the grandbaby.

My father looked out of that baby's eyes and said hello to me.

Nothing will ever shake my belief in reincarnation again; I have seen it for myself.

So it might be that your sister, after some time spent with God, will be coming back for another turn at life. It might even be that you will be given a chance to know who and where she is. For now, she's safe with God and doesn't want you to worry--she sends her love and she's sorry for the pain you're enduring.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
Im interested in all spirtuality but pagan and heathen is what is in my soul. hello to everyone
Hello, Mitmo, and welcome! It's very nice to have you here.

Someone once said to me, "I'm pagan to my toenails" and I've always thought that just about sums it up.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Cath,

I understand what you said. It just hurts my heart and soul - if that makes sense. She was such an amazing woman, and the one who I could talk too. So her death just devistated me.

People say the worst things when it comes to death. I agree. I had someone tell me that I wasn't a good person, and that is why Jo got sick. She had to pay the price for my sins. Unbelieveable. That by far was the worst, most rotten thing ever.

I too believe in reincarnation. I have witnessed it myself. When I had a seen a picture taken of a newborn nephew, my dead uncle was in the background. No mistaking it. The hair on the back of my head do stand right up just thinking about it.

Something very strange happened recently at my home. I witnessed a black fog or cloud come out of no where. It traveled from my front lawn to my front porch then fast than anything I have seen, it went off my porch and disappeared. I have no clue as to what that was. Do you have any ideas?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

No Andrew, I don't know, but I'll ask Gryph. He should know.

I am so sorry that people say such horrid things when a person is hurting and so vulnerable!! Jo died because it was time--not for any other reason.

You know she's going to be watching over you for a while, right?

I think when people die those of us who are left behind ARE devastated, because they leave such a huge hole in our lives, yanno? Death is a healing thing for the person who experiences it... but for the rest of us, it's a ripping apart, and we have to somehow rebuild ourselves into a new person so that we can continue on. We're never the same again. We might be stronger; we might be more compassionate; we might be wiser... but we are never the same again.

Jo will be with you as you heal your ragged edges and rebuild. Her love will sustain you.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Yes, I know Jo is around me. I can feel her presence. No matter how sad I get on some days, I still get up, get dressed, and go on. But life is so different without Jo.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful girl

Gryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Something very strange happened recently at my home. I witnessed a black fog or cloud come out of no where. It traveled from my front lawn to my front porch then fast than anything I have seen, it went off my porch and disappeared. I have no clue as to what that was. Do you have any ideas?

Just a spirit traveling through. The color was due to the porthole it was using.

"The three things that bring the most balance into my life, Will, Intent and Purpose. With out these there is no honor." - Storm Cloud Woman
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Question

Let me ask this question because I am Christian and not Wiccan or Pagan, what happens when a Wiccan or Pagan curses me and casts "spells" on me?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 AM   #12
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I believe this statement would apply to said "curse"..at least, in Most "branches" of Wicca/Paganism

An it harm none, do what ye will

Harm" is defined as "physical or mental damage" and to this we can add "psychic damage" as well. To inflict harm on another is simply not a thing that a Witch would do. Aside from the obvious karmic repercussions, Witches have a deep and abiding knowledge of the workings of the Universe.
The image of a witch dressed in flowing robe running around "zapping" people or casting random spells across the countryside is a fictitious one. All spells that Witches actually perform are directed to a very specific end, developed after much thought and should always end with the phrase "for the good of all and the harm of none".

An example can be given here in the working of love spells. To manipulate a person into a relationship in which they have shown no interest developing is to try to negate that person' s right to free will. To cast a spell "to make so and so fall in love with me" shows not a spirit of love but an insensitivity to another's feelings. But Witches do cast love spells. don't they? Yes, they do.. The first love spell a Witch should cast should be for her/himself. Self esteem is essential in correct magical working. To bring a complete and balanced person into a relationship, is indeed to give a precious gift to another. To be capable of receiving love, we must be able to truly give love..

WitchVox

Hope that helps a little....
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanks for the details. Personally, I think it was a scare tactic used by someone off kilter.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #14
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Let me ask this question because I am Christian and not Wiccan or Pagan, what happens when a Wiccan or Pagan curses me and casts "spells" on me?
Oh for pete's sake, Andrew, why would anybody bother?

Real Pagans and Witches--yanno, the ones who actually know how?--don't curse ANYBODY. The backlash hurts too badly.

I would imagine that if someone says to you that they are a witch and are going to curse you--that just boggles my mind that anyone could be so stupid! but okay, I guess it might happen--it means they are a pretender who knows nothing of actual witchcraft and energy work.... cuz anyone who DOES know also knows that what you send out comes back to you, EVERY time.

That's one of the laws of energy work, like the law of gravity is one of the laws of physics, and it applies to everyone of every faith or religion. What you send out, comes back to you. (Don't be praying that other people get punished, okay? That will backfire on you--cuz what you send out comes back to you.)

So, if you are unfortunate to come across one of these witchcraft-pretenders and they say they're going to do anything, just say a prayer and ask God to protect you. He will, guaranteed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #15
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Gryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST Reputation

Rook, Bit thanks for saying what you have. Those were my first reactions as well.

"The three things that bring the most balance into my life, Will, Intent and Purpose. With out these there is no honor." - Storm Cloud Woman
The Following User Says Thank You to Gryph For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

wow interesting conversation, I was just having this exact conversation a couople of days ago with a friend of mine who is a priestess of bastet. The energy that you put forth comes back at you and if your irresponsible and foolish with it the universe will not care. i truly believe that you do reap what you sow.

I stopped in to ask that anyone that feels up to it, send my lovely kitty diego all of your prayers and light, he needs it. My kitty is 4 1/2 and a couple of months ago was diagnosed with restrictive cardiac myeopathy. Its a very rare and hes on a couple of meds but lately i can tell that i think hes getting tired. I am trying to steel myself for his passing and this kitty has saved my life in more ways than one. He came into my life for a reason and ive been so lucky to have such a great companion.

I am going to be heartbroken when he passes but i know that its coming and there is nothing else the vet can do for him, so while i sit here bawling my eyes out watching him struggle to breathe, im also letting him know that im here for him and its ok for him to go....

im so sad about it but i know that i cant do anything but love him until its time for him to leave...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
wow interesting conversation, I was just having this exact conversation a couople of days ago with a friend of mine who is a priestess of bastet. The energy that you put forth comes back at you and if your irresponsible and foolish with it the universe will not care. i truly believe that you do reap what you sow.

I stopped in to ask that anyone that feels up to it, send my lovely kitty diego all of your prayers and light, he needs it. My kitty is 4 1/2 and a couple of months ago was diagnosed with restrictive cardiac myeopathy. Its a very rare and hes on a couple of meds but lately i can tell that i think hes getting tired. I am trying to steel myself for his passing and this kitty has saved my life in more ways than one. He came into my life for a reason and ive been so lucky to have such a great companion.

I am going to be heartbroken when he passes but i know that its coming and there is nothing else the vet can do for him, so while i sit here bawling my eyes out watching him struggle to breathe, im also letting him know that im here for him and its ok for him to go....

im so sad about it but i know that i cant do anything but love him until its time for him to leave...
Consider it done and sending some allies to help as well.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #18
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

thank you Gryph so much I appreciate all the help : )
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #19
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Mitmo01, I will say my prayers for your furchild. I know how you feel.

ox,
Andrew
Old 11-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Cath,

I'm so grateful that you have formed this haven for us to gather, who share a common spiritual difference from the monotheistic, patriarchal order.

I'm a lot more like you than I thought, as I'm a free-spiritual believer and child of the goddess. Mine is a matriarchal belief structure, as I'm tied to nature and nurture. I don't ascribe to a particular form of paganism, but it's probably more closely tied to Wicca. Mine is a blend of wiccan practices, tied in with Native American influences, as well.

I am an empath, and have known this to be true since childhood. I also feel called as a healer, and have spent several years in the process of learning to shield myself, while at the same time, sharing healing touch with others. In the beginning, I was often left injured, ill or emotionally and physically drained, when I would do healing, but I've developed a greater knowledge of how to prepare myself, prior to sharing this gift.

I am a solitary practitioner, and as my love will be joining my living space beginning tomorrow, I hope shi will continue to appreciate, understand and respect my practices, when I feel compelled to perform ritual. I believe that it will be a non-issue, as shi is a believer in Native American spirituality, too.

OK, I've said enough for this post, and I look forward to hearing from others out there as well.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote