Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #41
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
We brined a turkey for Thanksgiving and I brined a whole chicken for Christmas. Both were equally delicious. Here is what I followed (I am a Cook's Illustrated whore).

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/imag...ningbasics.pdf

Hope it works well for you.

i tried this formula for the brine. chicken turned out way salty. wasn't too bad if you took a bite of potatoes with it, but on its own...very salty. i wonder if the ham contributed to that as well. maybe it's just me, but the meat didn't seem to be very tender, either.

i think next time, i'll try marinating it with balsamic vinegar. i've had good luck with that in the past.

thanks again for the info, though....i appreciate it.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Today before work I set up a crock pot full of skinned/ chunked up acorn squad, onion, sweet potato, carrots, garlic, and broth. Came home put some dill, lemon salt and pepper in it. Blended the mess with a stick blender.
Threw it in two bowls, added a tblspoon of whipping cream.

Comfort food
Check

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #43
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Saag Paneer

Recipe from the September 2017 issue of Food & Wine: The Fall Bucket List.

It's an Indian Silky Spinach with Fresh Cheese dish, which takes about two and a half hours, from start to finish, to make. The recipe serves 8 - 10 people.

What you need (Ingredients):

10 cups whole milk (substitute: coconut milk)
3 1/2 cups heavy cream (Substitute: heavy coconut cream)
2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup Ghee
Kosher salt and white pepper
1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 - 5" piece of ginger, peeled and grated (2 tbsp)
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp Cumin seeds, ground
2 tsp ground Tumeric
2 tsp ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
3 - Ten ounce packages of thawed frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
1 large tomato chopped

Directions:

1) in the sink, line a large colander with 4 layers of moistened cheesecloth, leaving an two inch overhang.
2) in a very large sauce pan, bring milk and two cups of the cream to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the white vinegar, stirring constantly, until the milk separates into fluffy curds and watery whey (about two minutes). Pour into the colander and let drain for about an hour.
3) gather the corners of the cheesecloth and twist the curds into an ball, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Tie the cheesecloth, then transfer the cheese curds to an work surface with the twisted end to the side. Set a cutting board on top of it and weigh it down with heavy skillets or large heavy cans. Let the curds stand until firm and dry (about 15 minutes). Remove the cheesecloth and cut the cheese into 1-inch pieces.
4) in a large non-stick skillet, heat the 1/4 cup Ghee until it's simmering. Season the cheese with salt and add half if it to the skillet. Cook over moderate heat, turning often, until the cheese is golden in all sides (6-8 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cheese to a plate. Repeat with the remaining cheese.
5) add the remaining 1/4 cup Ghee and the onion to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is lightly browned (about 10 minutes). Add the ginger, garlic, tumeric, coriander, chili powder and cayenne, and cook it, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and tomato and cook, stirring until warm, for about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cream and about 1 cup of water and cook, stirring until.most if the liquid is evaporated (about 5 minutes). Fold in the cheese, then season with salt and white pepper.... then serve.

For an variation, you can swap the frozen spinach for a mix of fresh stemmed kale, aramanth, and watercress (use all three in place of the spinach).

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 10:26 PM   #44
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tip for heating up leftover pizza.

Get the bottom of a fry pan nice and hot then place leftovers in and turn the heat way down to low, cover with a lose lid to keep heat in so it melts the top cheese........the crust will be nice and crisp.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #45
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Get the bottom of a fry pan nice and hot then place leftovers in and turn the heat way down to low, cover with a lose lid to keep heat in so it melts the top cheese........the crust will be nice and crisp.
Still the only way I heat up pizza leftovers.....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: