Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #21
Daktari

I sorta got lucky in that I ended up with a photographer who ended up doing a photography BA (she got a first) and then became a teacher and a professional photog. I learned a lot from her.

The most basic top tips that revolutionised my picture taking were:
  • Actually look at what's in the viewfinder; sounds like a no brainer but it's amazing how moving objects out of the frame makes a huge difference.

• Look up the rule of thirds and the golden mean.

• Remember we read from left to right.

• Play in manual mode, it's a good way to learn the relationship between aperture and shutter speed.

• It's not about the camera, it's the glass that's important. Invest in good lenses. Most affordable lenses are 'slow', pay more for a wider aperture, it's worth the cash. If you can't afford more than the camera for a lens then invest in a half decent tripod and use it.

• A good photographer takes good pictures no matter what camera they're using. A better camera just means you got more money than the person using their phone camera, not that you're a better photographer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

you guys are making me want to take the plunge and do something I have always wanted to photography always interested me and I have looked at classes so many times but was just plain scared but i really want to
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #23
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Bard, go and look at your local community college, that is what I intend to do when I have two free seconds.

Thank you Wil. I just love to shoot, it really is that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
you guys are making me want to take the plunge and do something I have always wanted to photography always interested me and I have looked at classes so many times but was just plain scared but i really want to

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #24
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. I suppose I should say I am not so much a beginner when it comes to photography, I have had a camera in my hands for as long as I could remember. I am just new to using a larger DSLR. I want to know everything there is to know and then take it one step further. I have an incredible eye for things, just ask Dee.

I hope to be able to head out to some of the burn scares around here and shoot. Also, the wildlife around here is incredible! So let the shooting begin.

Everyone is welcome here...
To say the least. Kim has the eye,

Kim you know the camera is a tool in which you will use to get us to see, what you see.

You will get it!

Till this day those Pelicans are my most popular pics. If we can shoot those suckers while you are driving a boat (for the first time) with me bouncing all over and you screaming SHOOT, anything is possible.

You know how to contact me as i am not on much anymore, give me a shout !
So happy for you, <3
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
DO IT. Sign up for classes if there is a camera shop near you that teaches classes...or a community college. There is nothing to be afraid of ...and you will learn & grow. You can do it.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #26
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
You only live once baby, follow your dreams
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography