Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anybody Who Sews?

I'm looking to do a trade in exchange for sewing. I posted this in the Marketplace section, which doesn't seem to get much traffic, so I thought I'd try here. Contact me if you might be interested.
Thanks
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Okieblu~
What is it that you need sewn? And what might you trade for the sewing? I'm curious. I do sew some!
nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #3
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I'm interested in finding out more details. I also sew.

Last edited by ForeverMe; 03-27-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Edited for middle of the night , I'm exhausted , spelling error! :-)
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

About all I can do is fix a button and line a hem...past that I am lost.But,if you need a saddle made or repaired I sure can do that.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Nanners and ForeverMe--

I'm hoping to get a couple of nice dress shirts, with French cuffs, made. Not tux shirts, but the kind of nice long sleeved button down shirts with French cuffs men would wear with a suit for church on Sunday mornings.

The other thing I would like to get made is/was called a waist coat. It was the 1800's version of a suit vest. Think Wild Wild West-the tv show not that horrid movie remake.

I have the material, and I think I still have buttons for the shirts. Don't laugh though. The material is cotton-poly blend top sheets. In excellent condition, too. And material is material. I have some yardage of black satin brocade for the vest, I USED to have a matching white satin to use with the black, until the ham-handed, crazed lying THIEF of a costume maker stole it.

Anyways, that's what I'm wanting done. I don't have any examples of my mural/banner/painting yet. I'm still trying to find someone I can rent a wall from to work on. I have a fb business page I'm working on for my jewelry, it's not really ready yet. But I can post a link if y'all want to take a look at my work.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
About all I can do is fix a button and line a hem...past that I am lost.But,if you need a saddle made or repaired I sure can do that.

lol! Sorry, not me! I used to know people who rode, but for one reason or another, most had to quit. The only one I know who still has horses, probably knows local people for saddlework.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Here is the link...http://facebook.com/AsItEverWas

I figured part cash, or if local, light yard work, or house cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieblu View Post
Nanners and ForeverMe--

I'm hoping to get a couple of nice dress shirts, with French cuffs, made. Not tux shirts, but the kind of nice long sleeved button down shirts with French cuffs men would wear with a suit for church on Sunday mornings.

The other thing I would like to get made is/was called a waist coat. It was the 1800's version of a suit vest. Think Wild Wild West-the tv show not that horrid movie remake.

I have the material, and I think I still have buttons for the shirts. Don't laugh though. The material is cotton-poly blend top sheets. In excellent condition, too. And material is material. I have some yardage of black satin brocade for the vest, I USED to have a matching white satin to use with the black, until the ham-handed, crazed lying THIEF of a costume maker stole it.

Anyways, that's what I'm wanting done. I don't have any examples of my mural/banner/painting yet. I'm still trying to find someone I can rent a wall from to work on. I have a fb business page I'm working on for my jewelry, it's not really ready yet. But I can post a link if y'all want to take a look at my work.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #8
ForeverMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine ones please

ForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST ReputationForeverMe Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieblu View Post
Here is the link...http://facebook.com/AsItEverWas

I figured part cash, or if local, light yard work, or house cleaning.
I think that's a little out of my comfort zone. As far as clothing goes, I've only every made simple baby girl dresses. I do hope you find someone that can help. I certainly could have used someone to do housework. Ha ha.
ForeverMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #9
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverMe View Post
I think that's a little out of my comfort zone. As far as clothing goes, I've only every made simple baby girl dresses. I do hope you find someone that can help. I certainly could have used someone to do housework. Ha ha.

Yeah, kinda complicated stuff, I know. Oh well...
Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #10
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Hi Okieblu~
What is it that you need sewn? And what might you trade for the sewing? I'm curious. I do sew some!

Hi!
Would you be interested?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Still Looking...

Is there anyone out there who has the know how and would be interested in a trade or part trade-part cash deal? As well as jewelry, I do other wearable art. I do painted jackets and vests-cloth, not leather-which I should have some up on my site here in a couple of weeks, and, I HOPE, mini top hats as well.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:55 AM   #12
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

bumpity bump bump! And repeat as needed, snort.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #13
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

You may have more luck here or somewhere similar: http://www.swapaskill.com

Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #14
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

Yeah, I registered at that site-thanks for the link. Not one single reply. I'm thinking I might post on more facebook groups-the ones dedicated to needle crafts, that allow barter. I'm not having any luck other wise.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:54 PM   #15
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Bumping this thread!!

What machine do you use? What is your favorite sewing pattern?
Fave kind of fabric to work with?
Tips and tricks?

Tell me all about your sewing habits and projects!!

I am getting back into sewing after a long hiatus and would love to compare notes with other folks who sew. I am self-taught but watching Youtube has been a huge help.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 08:19 AM   #16
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I still sew but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Not sure why. I learned in high school (I was able to take sewing and typing to avoid PE ) and at the knees of my mother and sister.

Over the last couple years I've mostly made curtains, aprons, and some lovely pillows. I want to make a quilt but need a guide. Will check out youtube on putting a quilt together.

A couple years ago I got a Janome JW8100 that I love. It replaced a 30+ year old Singer machine and it's a huge improvement. Everything is easy-peasy and works as it should. Compared to my old machine it's a brave new world, but I don't know how it would size up to other machines on the market.

I don't have a favorite stitch and there are so many to choose from.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Will let y'all know if I take on any projects!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 03:05 PM   #17
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I sew, poorly and only simple things, but well enough to suit friends and family. My machine is an old beat up Brother. Nothing fancy, it's so old anymore to replace a few simple parts would cost me more than what I originally paid for the machine. It had been in storage for a while and when I hauled it out I couldn't find the piece that holds the bobbin, whatever that's called, so I went online in search of one. I couldn't believe the price of things. LOL maybe I should just part it out.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 10:30 PM   #18
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I still sew but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Not sure why. I learned in high school (I was able to take sewing and typing to avoid PE ) and at the knees of my mother and sister.

Over the last couple years I've mostly made curtains, aprons, and some lovely pillows. I want to make a quilt but need a guide. Will check out youtube on putting a quilt together.

A couple years ago I got a Janome JW8100 that I love. It replaced a 30+ year old Singer machine and it's a huge improvement. Everything is easy-peasy and works as it should. Compared to my old machine it's a brave new world, but I don't know how it would size up to other machines on the market.

I don't have a favorite stitch and there are so many to choose from.

Thanks for bumping this thread. Will let y'all know if I take on any projects!

Orema!!
I have missed your posts!! I hope to be around here more

My Mom had a sewing machine and I remember her making a couple of things for me when I was a child but she never really wanted to teach me and I never really wanted to learn from her. I did, however, want to learn from my Grandmother but she wasn't sewing much by the time I wizened up so I am mostly self-taught.
I have a purse in progress right now and 2 skirts and I have my eye on a really nice travel bag if I don't get frustrated and give up

AND my beloved aprettydress and I are making the same skirt together so we can compare notes.

Might be fun for us all to compare notes and show our projects as we work

xoxo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2022, 10:34 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I sew, poorly and only simple things, but well enough to suit friends and family. My machine is an old beat up Brother. Nothing fancy, it's so old anymore to replace a few simple parts would cost me more than what I originally paid for the machine. It had been in storage for a while and when I hauled it out I couldn't find the piece that holds the bobbin, whatever that's called, so I went online in search of one. I couldn't believe the price of things. LOL maybe I should just part it out.

GIRLLLLL. My original machine was a Brother and I pulled it out several months ago to get back into the habit. Needless to say, it was in dire need of service and had some parts that needed to be replaced and it basically is exactly what you said and would have cost more to fix it up than it was worth.

JD treated me to this one a few weeks ago:

https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/4120qdc/

It basically does EVERYTHING and sews like hot butter! I have never used a machine that was so smooth and quiet!!

A good machine makes a lot of difference but I will tell you, we have JD's Mother's Singer from the late 1960s and it has all metal parts and my sewing teacher (yes, we hired one! LOL) says it's one of the best machines ever made. It's simple and doesn't do anything fancy but it's a workhorse!

I am SO DELIGHTED to be talking sewing with you all!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2022, 06:27 PM   #20
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wow that's a nice machine. My mother still has her old Singer and it still runs well after all these decades. She didn't think much of the new Singers so she just kept hanging on to the old one. Eventually, reluctantly she purchased a Janome as her eyesight started to give. She'll probably favor her old Singer till the day she dies though and she still uses it for certain things.

My great grandmother was an army seamstress and she taught my mother to sew. She and my mother both – excellent seamstresses. Growing up my mother made elaborate wedding gowns. She hated it. Only did it when we really needed the money. She doesn't like brides. Well except for her daughters because if we don't behave she can always stab us and not go to jail or prison for it.

She tried to teach me. People assumed since she was so good at it I would be too. So when my mother said no she didn't want to often times they'd ask me to, even offer to pay me. Mom how do I make it stop? Here make a pot holder for her daughter as a wedding shower gift. That's all it took. Anytime I made a potholder for someone they never offered to pay me to sew anything for them ever again.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: