Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #121
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Jet, great job on that Pearl Harbor spread. I love your choice of color combo - sepia, gray, brown - very elegant.

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #122
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Carmen. The sepia is for the past, the gray is battleship gray and it's composed as a montage to show chaos and the wreckage effect when Pearl was bombed.
I've added the revised version to my book.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #123
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tuskegee Airman 1 of 4 Panels

Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #124
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Tuskegee Airmen 2 of 4 Panels

Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #125
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Tuskegee Airmen 3 of 4 Panels

Old 07-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #126
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Tuskeege Airmen 4 of 4 panels

Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #127
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

bump..........
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #128
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am really enjoying your WWII pannels. I just finished with the Tuskeegee one and really enjoy the layout, photos you took and text. Do you write your own text? I really think of this as an art thread based on a subject I find very interesting.

What a great subject too!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #129
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanks J. Sometimes I write the text. For the Tuskegee segments I ued text from Tuskegee Airman, Inc. Then I added all the graphics.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #130
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Saluting the Band of Brothers

Old 01-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #131
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Speaking of "Band of Brothers"....

This past January 2nd showed the passing of Major Richard "Dick" Winters, Commanding Officer of E. ("Easy Company"), 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment (PIR). Apparently, he had been suffering from and finally succumbed to the effects of Parkinson's Disease. He was 92 years of age.

Farewell, Major Winters, and a huge THANK YOU to you and so many other glorious heroes of WWII's "Greatest Generation". You did, indeed, make this world a better place and leave us a better future.

Rest in peace, sir.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...k-Winters.html

and....

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...nd-of-brothers

~Theo~
Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #132
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Old 12-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #133
caffeinelover

How Do You Identify?:
------------------
Preferred Pronoun?:
-------------------------
Relationship Status:
--------------------------

caffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputationcaffeinelover Has the BEST Reputation

I skimmed through this thread.

I was raised in Normandy by parents who were 14 during WW2. I have memorabilia at home still.

My parents taught me to be grateful for peace.

As a child growing up in this area, I was very much sensitized (? ) to the history and the realities of every day life in a mostly rural area, during those times.

My mother always said that those times were terrifying but also quite exciting as you lived and loved for the moment.

If you have any questions or are looking for local info, pm me. I'd be happy to help.
caffeinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #134
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

dedicated toDecember 7, 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Old 03-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #135
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Military link

Great military link that I use for one of my resources:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/
Old 03-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #136
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

My father was in the Engineer Corps. All I really know is that when the war was over and he eventually came home (his battalion went into the Concentration camps as soon as the war was over to clean up) he burned his uniform..everything except his boots. Those were too comfortable to burn, he said.

He didn't speak to us about his experience. When we would get together with our parents' friends, the men would get together and laugh about old war stories. We laughed and said, "There they go again" and ignored them.

I eventually regretted not listening in to those stories.

When my father died in 1980, in cleaning out his things I went into his wallet. There, wrapped in smooth cellophane (I learned that now many people haven't experienced cellophane so let me explain one thing. Smooth cellophane meant that it wasn't opened and re-closed. Just wrapped once and left). There, wrapped in smooth cellophane were 4 photos. He never looked at them. He just always needed to have them with him. To the day he died. 4 photos that he took in cleaning up the camps. I look at those photos every now and then and think of the horrors that so many of these brave fighting men experienced....and the horrors that so many innocent people lived and died through.

In WWII and all wars.

Thank you to all who have served and blessings to all who suffered
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #137
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Now, a happier WW2 story....

My father had 2 best friends in the war. The wife of one of them would send boxes of baked goods which my father and the other would steal.

When the war was over my Dad come home and eventually met my mother. As time went on he met her family. They went to her cousin's house. She was home but her husband wasn't. They sat with her and my father saw the family photos on her piano, jumped up grabbed one photo and said, "Who is this????"

"My husband!"

"I ate your cookies!!!!"

Yes, one of my father's best friends was soon to be his cousin in law.

The other man became a wholesale jeweler. My mother's father owned a Jewelry shop. You guessed it. Connected again.

Think they were Meant to Be? lol
Old 03-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #138
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

One last thing....After my cousin passed away 2 years ago, in cleaning out her things we found a letter that my father had sent to his sister soon after The Battle of the Bulge. It described his experience. We never knew he was in that battle until 2 years ago.