Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #221
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Can I just tell you how darn jealous I am of the two of you.
I wish you the best of luck catching Big Bertha, though.

Wish you were going with us, Brother Wolfy!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #222
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Several years ago my son bought a bass boat,he used my suv to pull it to the lake,so you would think he would take his mom fishing once and a while??
Nope, never happened a he always went with heis buddies the fue times he went.Thats ok cause he and the wild bunch went to toledo bend to fish but didnt catch a thing..I on the other hand went pole fishing on the river bank and caught a ice chest full of brem and chanel cat..they still havent lived that one down.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #223
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

I so enjoy fishing, I was born and raised in Florida so I have fished in Oceans as well as Lakes. My very favorite place to fish is right in my own back yard. I can remember getting up earling as a kid going out there fishing and having my mom yelling out the door to get my but inside and cleaned up for school. I have caught everything in that lake from brim, catfish, bass, cottenmouth snakes to Gators. It was a time to sit and think and just relax. I don't get to do it as much now but I am always ready to get up and head out. *smiles
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #224
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tennessee/Arkansas

Good Morning.

Anyone interested in a camping/fishing trip in the Heber Springs area in September and/or October?

I love that area and have been there lots, but my girl has never been.

We fish all over TN, but want to get away for a long weekend in Arkansas.

We like to fish from our kayaks and have an extra one if anyone is interested...
Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #225
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
Good Morning.

Anyone interested in a camping/fishing trip in the Heber Springs area in September and/or October?

I love that area and have been there lots, but my girl has never been.

We fish all over TN, but want to get away for a long weekend in Arkansas.

We like to fish from our kayaks and have an extra one if anyone is interested...
Hey mbd,

I have actually picked up fishing again since moving down here to Florida. I see a ton of people fishing from kayaks. I plan on getting one sometime in the near future.

Sounds like a good time @ long weekend in Arkansas.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #226
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i've been enjoying catching some bass and catfish so far this year. Biggest bass so far is 4 1/2 pounder, but they are far and few between.

LOVE FISHING!!!!!!!

i just got a fancy new flyrod that i cannot WAIT to try out!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #227
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Love fishin'...and today was such a beautiful day... and i had to work.
Still thinkin' i should get my ass out there and catch me some bass.
I look forward to reading the other stories in this thread.

I caught me my very own walter too...but, he was a giant catfish...
had to get him at night with a lit up bobber and a doughball at the
bottom of the lake.
He was huge and snorted...huge
He was a crafty ole son of a bitch....just like norman says in this clip.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-7i_...ing_for_trout/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-7i_...atches_walter/
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #228
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

One of my favorite fishing shows is The Angling Edge with the Lindners. I always learn a lot from each episode. If you're interested check their website out. Put your pointer over Angling Edge near the top and then click watch episodes from the drop down list. (they're full episodes, last two years of their show)

~~~shark~~~~~~~

www.lindnermedia.com

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #229
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gonna Need a Bigger Boat...Nah

Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #230
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am SO wanting to learn to fly fish before I die....there is something truly elegant about it...and the peace of standing thigh high in the water...feeling nature all around me....it's just a perfect match for me....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #231
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Default Whatta they feed the fish in Bama? Roll Tide

DUDE...now that is a bass!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:07pm PST

By: Pete Thomas, GrindTV.com

An Alabama resident has reeled in a 70-pound striped bass that shattered a 34-year-old state record and could land the angler in the book of world records for the heaviest striper ever caught in a landlocked fishery.

James R. Bramlet, 65, reeled in the behemoth on the Black Warrior River on Feb. 28. The catch, weighed on a certified scale, exceeds the previous record, set in 1959, by 15 pounds. (Bramlet and his catch are pictured at right.)

"It's definitely uncommon," Heath Haley, a biologist for Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division, told Field & Stream. "This fish certainly, in my opinion, was an anomaly. It's a very fat, chunky fish.

"The previous record being 55 pounds, the fact that it hasn't been broken since the 1950s, it's just incredible that not only he broke it, but he shattered it. You just don't see them that big that often."

The striper measured 45.5 inches long and boasted a girth of 37.75.

According to Joe Songer of AL.com, the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources has already approved the catch as a state record. If approved by the International Game Fish Association it'll become a new world record (this process can take weeks or months).

The current IGFA record for landlocked stripers is a 67-pound, 8-ounce specimen landed in 1992 in Los Banos, California.

Bramlet credits his wife, Janice, for urging him to go fishing on Feb. 28. She was scheduled to undergo a hospital procedure in a few days and would need him to be around and take care of her.

Bramlet told Songer that the fish rolled on the surface, showing itself, so he tossed a bait and soon hooked up. The battle lasted 20 minutes and as soon as Bramlet could secure the catch, he telephoned his wife to share the news about the memorable catch--and, presumably, to thank her for persuading him to go fishing.

--Image showing James Bramlet and his record striped bass is courtesy of AL.com/Joe Songer
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #232
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

The boss said "take the rest of the day off", and I said, "I'm going fishing!"

I had an excellent day fishing today at Henry Hagg Lake, in Forest Grove Oregon. It was a cold day, breezy at times, and poured down rain more than once during the several hours I spent today. I didn't mind any of the weather, but the rain was a bit of a pain, because I couldn't read my Kindle during the downpours (as if I have any right to bitch, when I've spent a paid day off fishing)...

I caught 7 trout, I took 5 home, and threw two back to the Goddess of the lake.

I posted a photo of the day's catch in the gallery here...I was pretty amazed that each fish I caught today, was bigger than the one before it. It was weird!

Personally, I've never caught a rainbow trout as big as the last two fish that I caught today. I'm also really proud of myself, this was my first solo fishing trip. I've always shied away from it, because despite the fact that among my friends, I have always been the one who dispatches and cleans the fish, I didn't think that I could do all of the jobs by myself. I've always had some one grab the fish as it comes out of the water, they hold it while I either cut the line or pull out the hook, and then they hold the fish while I dispatch it and gut it. So, I was really nervous, but it was actually quite simple, quicker, and less messy.

It really has been an amazing day for me. I feel really great about my trip, and now I feel even more competent at fishing.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #233
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

Default This is cool. Casting for recovery

http://castingforrecovery.org/

And oooohhhhh so jealous of Hollylane catchin trout! And that is a kickass story too!

Last edited by DMW; 05-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #234
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

omg! Fishing is so fun!

I just cant touch the worm...
or put it on the hook...
or take the fish off the hook
or touch them really (ew)...

I just run down the dock with the pole in hand screaming excitedly "I got one! I got one!" dragging the fish along...

*circus*

torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #235
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:

I was told, by a local, that I caught myself a river slam.
Not a grand slam though.
The species i caught on that river in a few hours were: smallmouth bass, redhorse (Cherokee fish), sculpin, hornyhead and a rainbow trout. I think that was all of them. hard to believe that river has so many species of fish in it.

To get a grand slam, I would have had to catch a brown and brook trout, along with the rainbow.

Today is a good day to fish! It is overcast and cool

Last edited by DMW; 06-29-2013 at 08:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post: