Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #21
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

In April I moved here to Oregon..

I live on a lake

the lake has rainbow trout and bass..

I was so lucky to be given a canoe ( thank you Sir! ) and gets some bass fishing done ...

I don't like rainbow trout fishing as much as it requires sitting still ... lol

I do however love to eat them
!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 AM   #22
Niceguy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Neither feel 100% correct
Relationship Status:
Chocolate Creme Brulee

Niceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=WolfyOne;3575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

I say, lets do it, but can it be a BFP weekend? BTW, if this is what it takes to get you to post more, we all need to keep writing in here.

Hey again Wolfy,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back in here. It's hard to find time to get online between playing softball 3-4 nights, league bowling one night, and marathon training! I'm also in the middle of a major house re-model! After I get home, eat dinner, then do a few things around the house, it ends up being 3am and my brain isn't working so well!

A Planet weekend on the water sounds great! I don't fish anymore, but just being on the water makes me happy! I'll leave the fishing to y'all while I go hit the rapids!

Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #23
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_dee View Post
In April I moved here to Oregon..

I live on a lake

the lake has rainbow trout and bass..

I was so lucky to be given a canoe ( thank you Sir! ) and gets some bass fishing done ...

I don't like rainbow trout fishing as much as it requires sitting still ... lol

I do however love to eat them
!

Dee, didn't you live on a lake before you moved? Lucky you, living on a lake.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #24
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Niceguy;9471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

Hey again Wolfy,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back in here. It's hard to find time to get online between playing softball 3-4 nights, league bowling one night, and marathon training! I'm also in the middle of a major house re-model! After I get home, eat dinner, then do a few things around the house, it ends up being 3am and my brain isn't working so well!

A Planet weekend on the water sounds great! I don't fish anymore, but just being on the water makes me happy! I'll leave the fishing to y'all while I go hit the rapids!

Fishing is still great for this weather in our neck of the woods, but rapids is way to cold for now.

When the winter passes and the weather improves, we'll have to make a plan. I'm good for coming to Arkansas whenever.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread! I was raised in Alaska so I mostly fished for Salmon. However, in the spring it was usually for grayling, rainbow trout, and Dolly Varden. Then came King Salmon season which is truly a blast and really can wear you out when you catch those big boys. My biggest King was 75lbs and it took about 1.5 hours to land him.

As a kid we spent countless hours in wading in the river fishing and the cold water never seem to bother us a bit. We mostly used our own cured salmon row as bait or dare devil lures. My father taught me how to make our own sinkers and lots of other little fishing tricks.

I now live in Minnesota. The land of 10,000 lakes and you would think I would fish more but I really dont. I think Ive fished maybe 5 times living here. I also think growing up salmon fishing can spoil you because there is nothing like the fight of a good size salmon on.

What I think I really would enjoy though is Deep sea fishing. That is definitely something I have on my "to do" list.
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

anyone here like to go noodling?
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Fishing has always been a big part of my life. When I was growing up in St. Augustine, the only seafood we ate was whatever we caught. I especially love surf fishing..

Duchess
Old 11-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
I bet this is so exciting. I'm sure it's better than fishing for catfish. They're so sneaky.

Duchess
Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post

I know people who have, but I, after reading about it, think it could be dangerous to poke around and put your hand where you can't see what may grab it.
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #30
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Fishing has always been a big part of my life. When I was growing up in St. Augustine, the only seafood we ate was whatever we caught. I especially love surf fishing..

Duchess

What is surf fishing?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #31
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
I bet this is so exciting. I'm sure it's better than fishing for catfish. They're so sneaky.

Duchess
I enjoy a good fight from a sneaky catfish and they're great eating.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #32
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootboi View Post
Great thread! I was raised in Alaska so I mostly fished for Salmon. However, in the spring it was usually for grayling, rainbow trout, and Dolly Varden. Then came King Salmon season which is truly a blast and really can wear you out when you catch those big boys. My biggest King was 75lbs and it took about 1.5 hours to land him.

As a kid we spent countless hours in wading in the river fishing and the cold water never seem to bother us a bit. We mostly used our own cured salmon row as bait or dare devil lures. My father taught me how to make our own sinkers and lots of other little fishing tricks.

I now live in Minnesota. The land of 10,000 lakes and you would think I would fish more but I really dont. I think Ive fished maybe 5 times living here. I also think growing up salmon fishing can spoil you because there is nothing like the fight of a good size salmon on.

What I think I really would enjoy though is Deep sea fishing. That is definitely something I have on my "to do" list.
I grew up in Chicago and once a year, you could snag for Salmon in the Licoln Park Lagoon. If you had a big boat, you could go out on Lake Michigan and actually fish for them.

I lived one year in MN and probably fished with my friends there at least a dozen times. Northerns and Walleye are another massive fish and MN is full of them.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Quote:
Wolfy babe, I could take this quote so many places, but I'll be nice. Anyways, surf fishing is basically just fishing from the shoreline on the beach. Honestly, I'll fish anywhere.

Duchess
Old 11-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #34
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

I just have to say that every time I see this thread title, I think it says "Let's talk about fisTing"

Whew...thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled (or unscheduled) programming...
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I like fishing. I don't like touching the worms though.

I don't have a problem with those little fishies - but worms? ew.

Mare and I did quite a bit of fishing this past summer, but didn't catch a thing. We made a killing with crabbing though.

I don't even eat fish with the exception of fish sticks and tuna, lol, but I find fishing itself very therapeutic. I just love being near the water. We are hoping to get a boat in the very near future and take our fishing trips to the next level.
I'm just hoping to avoid this --->
cause that would be my kind of luck, lol.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #36
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Wolfy babe, I could take this quote so many places, but I'll be nice. Anyways, surf fishing is basically just fishing from the shoreline on the beach. Honestly, I'll fish anywhere.

Duchess

The term must be an east coast thing because growing up in Chicago, we just called it fishing without a boat, lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #37
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I like fishing. I don't like touching the worms though.

I don't have a problem with those little fishies - but worms? ew.

Mare and I did quite a bit of fishing this past summer, but didn't catch a thing. We made a killing with crabbing though.

I don't even eat fish with the exception of fish sticks and tuna, lol, but I find fishing itself very therapeutic. I just love being near the water. We are hoping to get a boat in the very near future and take our fishing trips to the next level.
I'm just hoping to avoid this --->
cause that would be my kind of luck, lol.

I also think fishing is therapeutic. When I lived in Chicago, there used to be a place I'd go to a lot. It was a river where a man made dam was and I'd sit and fish for hours alone. No one to bother me, alone with my thoughts. Sometimes I'd go after a hard day of work just to wind down before I went home. River fishing can be fun because you never know what you'll catch.

As for the worms, I'd put them on a hook for you anytime, but I have a funny feeling Mare already does that.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #38
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Quote:
Wolfy babe, I could take this quote so many places, but I'll be nice.
Duchess
Gawd, this made me laugh. Ok, Back on topic...

I love fishing ! I have a cabin on a river noted for its steelhead fishing. I've saved that pursuit for retirement...
But, for my annual fishing trek, my friend owns a charter company in Juneau and every year I head up for Salmon and Halibut fishing. The views going through Icy Strait are remarkable, and the fishing is just indescribable !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #39
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post

I love fishing ! I have a cabin on a river noted for its steelhead fishing. I've saved that pursuit for retirement...
But, for my annual fishing trek, my friend owns a charter company in Juneau and every year I head up for Salmon and Halibut fishing. The views going through Icy Strait are remarkable, and the fishing is just indescribable !

Dang, lucky you, a charter in Alaska for salmon fishing and a cabin on a river for retirement. What a nice way to enjoy retirement, catching steelhead.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #40
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post

Ok everybody, we're all going with Boots!!