Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Pops

How Do You Identify?:
Dyke
Relationship Status:
Taken

Pops is on a distinguished road
Default California AIDS Lifecycle Ride June 6th-12th

So I am asking for your help.

$380 dollars to go to reach the $3000 dollar minimum in pledges to the the SF AIDS Foundation. Reality is the more money we raise the more it goes to programs right now as I type. It's not sitting around waiting for after the ride to go to work, it's being used right now as the donations come in. The state funds for these programs, just like many programs in California, have been cut to the bone. The money we are raising this year is helping make up the difference, not adding to the top of the pile like it has in the past. It's filling in the deepening trenches of lost funding that goes to help individuals, communities and countries deal with HIV/AIDS.

http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/JKimball

Please donate, there are still people being infected each day, still dying, still living with HIV/AIDS. There is no cure, there is no pill or medication to make it better. It's in all of our lives, our families, our communities our churches, our towns, our schools.

Help me get to the minimum this week or next. Please donate to my ride. I have been riding long hours. My ass hurts, my legs are sore, my body is tired.
But I keep riding because I have too. I don't have a choice. I have been involved with this ride now for over 15 years. That's too many in my book but the ride doesn't end until AIDS does.

AIDS Lifecycle rider #1033 -- SF to LA 545 miles June 6st-12th 2010. Donate!
http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/JKimball
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote