Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets - General

Ok, so I didn't see a general pets thread, and don't think this is deserving of its own thread, but thought people may be interested. I think it sucks!

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/05/14/...ved-pet-pig%2F

Anyway, I figure this thread could be used for any general pet questions, comments, funny stories, etc. Anything that you don't think should have a whole thread in itself.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

"In this part of the country, hog and pig are basically the same thing," he told Paw Nation. "We have to act accordingly through points of law, and it's prohibited by city ordinance."

I'll bet in that part of the country the law a cat and a bobcat, mountain lion etc aren't basically the same thing. I'll bet dog and fox, wolf etc aren't the same thing.

I've had pot bellied pigs and they are very smart and very clean animals, and yes I raised my 2 in the house. You can teach them tricks and litter train them. I enjoyed mine and hope he gets to keep Joker.

On another note:
A mother's request for a zoning change for 3 pet hens prompts concerns of feathered influx in town.
By Marty Minchin
Special Correspondent
Posted: Sunday, May. 17, 2009

The three Walker boys and their chickens: (from left), Anthony, 6; Isaac, 10; and Alec, 9. Mother Neva Walker says she next will apply for a zoning variance to allow the chickens to stay. COURTESY OF NEVA WALKER

STALLINGS Three pet chickens may have to find a new place to roost after the Stallings Town Council affirmed last week that fowl can't live in neighborhoods.
In November, Isaac, Alec and Anthony Walker – ages 10, 9 and 6 – petitioned the town to allow them to keep the pet chickens they received at Easter 2008. Neva Walker, their mother, had learned that keeping chickens violated a town ordinance and told them they had to either give up the birds or ask the Town Council to change the rules.
The council took up the issue last Monday.
Current town rules require residents to live on lots two acres or larger to keep farm animals. Town planners offered an amended ordinance that would allow chickens on lots about a half-acre or larger. But the town staff did not support the change.
A small group of residents, most from Curry Place near the Walker home, attended the meeting to protest urban chickens. They said they were worried that an ordinance change would allow chickens in their neighborhood.
“This is a health hazard,” Joyce Hartis, who lives on Curry Way, told the Town Council. “Chickens are disease-carrying animals. If they're in a coop, the smell will be terrible.”
She presented the council with a petition of almost 60 signatures from neighbors opposed to urban chickens. She also said that Stallings has had cockfighting problems in the past and that people could get mites from chickens.
Most towns have rules governing pets and livestock. Nearby Indian Trail, for example, doesn't allow livestock in most residential areas, limiting it to the “rural, single-family residential district” that includes areas with large lots, limited public services or utilities and agricultural activities.
Council members briefly discussed the issue before voting 5-1 to keep the town's current restrictions. Council member Renee Hartis was the lone dissenting vote.
“I was very sympathetic to this child having chickens, but I had not thought over all these other aspects,” said council member Barbara Anne Price. “We would be removing protections (town residents) were expecting.”
Neva Walker aid she and her sons did not know the issue would be discussed Monday and thus did not attend the town meeting. She said Wednesday that her sons still have their four hens and have grown quite attached to them.
She said she spoke with Stallings officials on Wednesday, and she plans to apply for a variance that would allow her sons to keep the chickens.
“If we have to, we'll fight again,” Walker said. She asks anyone who would like to support the quest to keep the chickens to e-mail the family at saveourhens@yahoo.com.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bre...ry/726943.html
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If I lived in the suburbs I wouldn't want farm animals next door. It's unfair to the animals. I do think they need to change the laws for pot bellies since they are considered a socialize pet.

Some areas they limit the number of dogs you can have and they make these laws to protect everyone. Some people just take advantage. If you're in a sub-division you know you're going to have rules. Thats why I live in the country.

Now I need to figure out how to get a 250 pound pig out. She got stuck in the mud somehow and it rained all night. This should be fun.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you all for your ideas. It took a few of us to get mulch and blankets under her feet then use boards on her back and lifted her out. This mud is awful. She got herself stuck then it rained all night. She hates rains so she keep trashing and worked herself deeper and deeper.

she's out now, tired, thirsty and hungry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

poor pig!

I want a duck. My daughter loves ducks and has had them as pets. One of my neighbors down the road of the trailer park I lived in, kept a pet duck in her house. (a very nice house, too!)
Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I'm a little burnt out taking care of animals. I've been doing it for 10 years now, all kinds and as much as I love ducks I'd rather go visit them.

You should have seen the mud on me. I looked at my friend who was also covered in mud and said "People pay big money for this."
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

as I always say and most folks don't understand. That's life on the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I'm a little burnt out taking care of animals. I've been doing it for 10 years now, all kinds and as much as I love ducks I'd rather go visit them.

You should have seen the mud on me. I looked at my friend who was also covered in mud and said "People pay big money for this."
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default my pug is a horder:

Yes she is,big time.When I frst got Diva she had been a stray running the roads that ended up on a friend of mines porch near starved to death.They brought her to me cause there big dogs didnt get along with her at all.I have had her for three years noow and she is a typical chubby pug tho she still has some probs with her nerves and suden loud noises and near has panic attacks when t-storns are hear.I just wish she would get ovr her hideing food in he bed as well as other places in the house.I know this is a cary ovr from her being near starved but its been thre years and she has never had any shortage of food and has a food bown with food in it all the time.At first I ketp the hordes picksed up but then have allowd her to keep some as long as it dosent become a mess..it keeps her happyer to know its where she wants it..but I never have had any pup do this beond a fur dog bisquits or treats hear and there.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
LOL...at least the pig didn't win

I love animals, but work prohibits really devoting the time necessary to them.

My crazy mother, on the other hand, had a black duck(Merlin), goats(Ben and Jerry), chickens(all girly names:Catherine, Margaret, etc ???), had a pigeon(Pidgy), horses(Gamitez and Zorro), bunnies(Bun-Buns)

All named and loved pets.

While not domesticated, she named the coyotes in the back forty Gladys and the Pips because they could really belt out a song or two...
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Ok, so I didn't see a general pets thread, and don't think this is deserving of its own thread, but thought people may be interested. I think it sucks!

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/05/14/...ved-pet-pig%2F

Anyway, I figure this thread could be used for any general pet questions, comments, funny stories, etc. Anything that you don't think should have a whole thread in itself.
That is heartbreaking. There is a blatant difference between raising pigs and hogs for profit or food and having a potbellied pig as a pet. Gone are the days when people didn't know that pigs are quite clean and very smart and, for those that enjoy party tricks, are very capable of being taught tricks and routines, right?

Right?

Guess not.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I spent the night with my new dog leashed to my ankle...he is a 220 lb black newfoundland male named Dawson, aka Dawk. He has not been a house dog. He is 10 years old. He has lived in a kennel all this life...his hair is all over my green carpet and my vaccuum cleaner decided to break today. He drools alot. Its on the glass of my front door. Amongst other places yet to be discovered. Outside he has decided he likes to pee on my peas. This will not do.

My old girl Story is fine with him. She knows her place by me is promised to her. She knows him too..they came from the same kennel. She is 4 years older than him. Two big dogs in one house..

oh wait..I am adding a third today...yes, really.

His name is Old Max. He is 11 and his owners dropped him off right before the holiday weekend, at the pound. His day to be put down was yesterday...but the pound said they would hold him for me...I am on my way now to go get him. He is a newfoundland too...a big black drooling mess of a dog...

I couldnt be happier...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Ms. T is the funniest little dog. She is not a puppy but does such puppy stuff sometimes it tickles me. I'm sitting here this morning putting on my boots and I get one sock half on and she comes bouncing in the room running from Skippy sees my sock dangling grabs it and tries to run off with my sock. IT'S halfway on my foot LOL. Yeah I got a big laugh out of that one. She's really come out of her shell in just a few weeks. I'm happy about that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm waiting to call the shelter (might be too early) to find out when we can pick up the newest addition to our family - a tiny silver/grey tabby kitten.

I'm excited. He's adorable. He has a tiny black nose. OMG. I want to eat him up already, and I don't even have him yet.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #14
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I spent the night with my new dog leashed to my ankle...he is a 220 lb black newfoundland male named Dawson, aka Dawk. He has not been a house dog. He is 10 years old. He has lived in a kennel all this life...his hair is all over my green carpet and my vaccuum cleaner decided to break today. He drools alot. Its on the glass of my front door. Amongst other places yet to be discovered. Outside he has decided he likes to pee on my peas. This will not do.

My old girl Story is fine with him. She knows her place by me is promised to her. She knows him too..they came from the same kennel. She is 4 years older than him. Two big dogs in one house..

oh wait..I am adding a third today...yes, really.

His name is Old Max. He is 11 and his owners dropped him off right before the holiday weekend, at the pound. His day to be put down was yesterday...but the pound said they would hold him for me...I am on my way now to go get him. He is a newfoundland too...a big black drooling mess of a dog...

I couldnt be happier...
sometimes people suck. Luckily you don't. I can't imagine a 200 pound dog. I took care if one close. I'm taking care of a skinny lab now thats 3 with no manners. I got him one of those face halters to start training him. The kid that works for me ask me if i got paid extra to train him. I said no. I do it for the dog. The better they enjoy him the more time they will spend with him. I know she wants him or she wouldnt board him and go through the steps. She just doesnt teach him and he runs all over her.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #15
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

We are SO excited - many of you know we are a schnauzer family.

Mini Max who is 23 this year - yep, 23 - and still plays like a puppy. Scooter, a Katrina rescue is also a mini and just a huge lovebug.

Samson is a Giant and weighs in at about 117lbs. He is a big ole baby and will be 4 this year.

Today, we add Jen-ny (think Forest Gump). She is another Giant and the reason I can barely contain myself LOL. We have bandied the idea of a Giant girl for some time, and since we lost our precious Shelby at age 21 last October (she was a black lab, but tolerated the schnauzer parade) we have really missed the female energy in our pack.

Jen-ny was taken from a horrible situation in King George where the owner had over 50 dogs, most dead or dying and is one of the 13 survivors. Her foster mom says she has made huge strides not just in her health (she weighed 26lbs- the size of our minis- when she came into rescue) but also in her trust of people. I posted a pic of her in the galleries.

I just can't WAIT to go pick her up - I will be clock watching all day!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

26 pounds WOW! I'd love to be locked in a room for about 30 minutes with people who treat animals like this. They'd tremble at the thought of anyone bringing another animal on their property

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
We are SO excited - many of you know we are a schnauzer family.

Mini Max who is 23 this year - yep, 23 - and still plays like a puppy. Scooter, a Katrina rescue is also a mini and just a huge lovebug.

Samson is a Giant and weighs in at about 117lbs. He is a big ole baby and will be 4 this year.

Today, we add Jen-ny (think Forest Gump). She is another Giant and the reason I can barely contain myself LOL. We have bandied the idea of a Giant girl for some time, and since we lost our precious Shelby at age 21 last October (she was a black lab, but tolerated the schnauzer parade) we have really missed the female energy in our pack.

Jen-ny was taken from a horrible situation in King George where the owner had over 50 dogs, most dead or dying and is one of the 13 survivors. Her foster mom says she has made huge strides not just in her health (she weighed 26lbs- the size of our minis- when she came into rescue) but also in her trust of people. I posted a pic of her in the galleries.

I just can't WAIT to go pick her up - I will be clock watching all day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #17
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Little dude is in surgery right now....

We can pick him up as early as tomorrow, YIPPEE! lol

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #18
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

We interrupt this thread to bring you a rope.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Again..... lol, so THIS is what they mean by "retriever"?

Again.

Again.

Again....

Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #19
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ok. So I have a question. This summer, when I finally head out to L.A., I'm gonna take Bobcat (16 yr old who has FeLV and hates being in the carrier but will be quiet once in motion) with me on the plane into the cabin. I'm curious if anyone else has taken a cat with them on a plane (or small dog).

Oh, wait. Second question: did you have to take the animal out of the carrier when going through TSA? (I'm talking about domestic flights, not cross border).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #20
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I was never able to fly with Lady; they have height restrictions which probably most cats will meet but she was an inch too tall. I'd be really interested in the info you find, Linus.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote