Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #41
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I experimented with giving Troop the run of the house after we started moving furniture and stuff yesterday.... but I can't do it, I just cannot do it. *sheepish look* He's bored and he's curious... such a lethal combination in a half-grown puppy! I finally decided to just put the babygate in the doorway of the computer room and keep him in here with me. When I go back out into the dining room (we use it as our living room), I'll put it back in the other bedroom doorway like we had it before.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #42
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday, or was it the day before, my mind is still crazy... I had to put down one of my dogs that I had for 14 years. The whole week was like a haze and depressing because knew i had to do it but couldnt. I probably hung on too long but you know how that is.

I paced, I cried,I tossed and turned in my sleep. I adopted him when he was two, a rescue that had been dropped off in a remote area, the Adirondacks, to fend for himself. In a few weeks he learned to kill and hunt. He was a large akita named Bud. The vet call me begging me to take him. They had him a few months and needed to find a home or put him down. I said no. I then tossed and turned all night and finally they got me to come see him. I didnt think it would work with the dogs i already had, he was aggressive, but I also couldnt see him put down. I took him home kept him my garage and slowly brought him into my home.

I will never forget the time he tried to bite me and I threw myself on him, pinning him down. He was strong as hell and angry. I laid on top of him for 30 minutes until the fight was gone. He never did that again. Instead he became a loyal companion and we had an incredible journey together. He became a loved member of my family.

With him I had two other dogs that passed on due to health reasons. He hung in there and for the next 14 years he remained a faithful companion by my side. He was a cat killer and small animals but I knew this was something he learned to do living in the wild. Loving him along with so many other animals was a challenge but somehow it was worth it.

This past year he became frail and was hard to get up. We went for walks and I would look in his eyes and knew the time was near. I will never forget a night I went into his room, away from every other animals except his faithful, also rescued Wonder Dog... he laid his head in my lap, moaned and then gave me a serious look. Wonder Dog began to cry and whimper.

This past week I paced, He couldnt get up, pooped on his bed and i knew the day was getting close. Wonder Dog also paced and cried. One morning I wake up out of a dead sleep, it was 4 am and I found him stiff, unable to get up under a pile of poo. I crawled down onto the floor and held him. I looked in his eyes and although blind in one the other penetrated me and I knew it was time.

It has got to be the hardest thing in the world. that final journey. When you know you must say goodbye but you're just not ready... you're never ready. Part of you wants to step away and not see what will happen but another part of you knows that you MUST be there, say goodbye and hold him as he leaves this life. My nephew loaded him into the van. I cried the whole way there. I wrapped him in my comforter I had for 10 years, my scent. He laid there confused but knowing.

I held him in my arms as the vet came out to the van and gave him the injection. He looked at me. He starred and them his stare went blank. Some strange peace came over me. I couldnt even believe I did that but I did and then we wrapped him up in that green comforter and I brought him back to the farm where my nephew had a place for him.

Sometimes I go to feed him and remember he's gone. Sometimes I walk to the window and see the mound. I think about what flowers I'll plant there or how I can honor this big wonderful dog that brought so much love into my life. No matter how many animals I have or will ever have, there is a void, a sadness that is unparalleled to anything. No matter your beliefs of reincarnation and death, your hearts feels empty and the pain penetrates you. But then you have moments when you feel this great light flood over you and you realize that love, that unconditional love was worth every drop of pain.

My sweet handsome boy. I love you, miss you and know in my heart that one day I shall see you again.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #43
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita
Yesterday, or was it the day before, my mind is still crazy... I had to put down one of my dogs that I had for 14 years. The whole week was like a haze and depressing because knew i had to do it but couldnt. I probably hung on too long but you know how that is.

My sweet handsome boy. I love you, miss you and know in my heart that one day I shall see you again.

(((((((((((Sachita))))))))))) I'm very sorry to hear this hun, it had to have been so hard to put him down but I'm sure he is in a better place now
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #44
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
(((((((((((Sachita))))))))))) I'm very sorry to hear this hun, it had to have been so hard to put him down but I'm sure he is in a better place now
thank you so very much
Old 06-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #45
TheBellyBionic

How Do You Identify?:
She

TheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST ReputationTheBellyBionic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
We are SO excited - many of you know we are a schnauzer family.

Mini Max who is 23 this year - yep, 23 - and still plays like a puppy. Scooter, a Katrina rescue is also a mini and just a huge lovebug.
Sounds like you should be calling the folks at Guinness:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...oldestdog.html
TheBellyBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #46
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{{Sachita}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry, honey. May you find peace.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #47
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Awwww, Sachita. I am SO sorry about your boy. I know when we spoke last week, you knew the time was near, but I wish you woulda called us so that you didnt have to do this alone.

I know you miss him and that your heart aches. Only time will ease.

Much love,
C
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Awwww, Sachita. I am SO sorry about your boy. I know when we spoke last week, you knew the time was near, but I wish you woulda called us so that you didnt have to do this alone.

I know you miss him and that your heart aches. Only time will ease.

Much love,
C
Thank you. I know you guys would have come but I just needed a few days a lone to process. The weeks/months leading up to it was hard. I tried to ignore it and in the final few weeks it was impossible. I will miss him and talk to him each day but I'm also happy for our journey together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #49
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Thank you. I know you guys would have come but I just needed a few days a lone to process. The weeks/months leading up to it was hard. I tried to ignore it and in the final few weeks it was impossible. I will miss him and talk to him each day but I'm also happy for our journey together.
Im so sorry for your loss, I know jsut how bad it hurts to lose a loved one like this....Hope you are doing well
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #50
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation
Default dogs

Thoughts on Big Dogs. I'm trying to decide on a large breed dog. I have 3 doxies and I need him or her to get along well with these little guys and gals. I thought about a mastiff but they slobber too much. Plus, a lot of people are intimidated by them. I've always liked chocolate labs. They are beautiful and so smart plus they get along well with others. I'm leaning in that direction. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding large breed dogs?
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #51
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Standard poodles are super smart and can play with all sizes. I like Rottis and Dobies, but not everyone does and some places won't let you have them as are often on "vicious breed" lists. If you don't like drooling, stay away from all bully types. Irish setters are lovely as are wolfhounds. Great Danes are awesome too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #52
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Thoughts on Big Dogs. I'm trying to decide on a large breed dog. I have 3 doxies and I need him or her to get along well with these little guys and gals. I thought about a mastiff but they slobber too much. Plus, a lot of people are intimidated by them. I've always liked chocolate labs. They are beautiful and so smart plus they get along well with others. I'm leaning in that direction. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding large breed dogs?
I have Golden Retrievers and Australian Shepherds. Both very intelligent dogs. Both need to be occupied - because they're intelligent. Both are long-haired and require a certain amount of grooming. Love Labs, but like Goldens ("they're basically the same dog with different hair cuts" said a woman I know who bred them for forty years) they're really high energy, especially as pups. Count on a good two years of keeping up. Of course, there are LOADS of these dogs needing rescue - already beyond the puppy stage. www.petfinder.com You can search by breed or location. If you're interested in Goldens or Aussies, PM me. I'm crazy about both breeds!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #53
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Standard poodles are super smart and can play with all sizes. I like Rottis and Dobies, but not everyone does and some places won't let you have them as are often on "vicious breed" lists. If you don't like drooling, stay away from all bully types. Irish setters are lovely as are wolfhounds. Great Danes are awesome too.
I forgot about the wolfhounds. Love them.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #54
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebee View Post
I have Golden Retrievers and Australian Shepherds. Both very intelligent dogs. Both need to be occupied - because they're intelligent. Both are long-haired and require a certain amount of grooming. Love Labs, but like Goldens ("they're basically the same dog with different hair cuts" said a woman I know who bred them for forty years) they're really high energy, especially as pups. Count on a good two years of keeping up. Of course, there are LOADS of these dogs needing rescue - already beyond the puppy stage. www.petfinder.com You can search by breed or location. If you're interested in Goldens or Aussies, PM me. I'm crazy about both breeds!
If I decide on a Lab, I'm going to rescue him or her.

I love the Goldens and Aussies. However, the breeds with longer hair take some time and effort to groom. That could be a problem for me cause I don't even like grooming my own hair, hence the buzz cut.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I think that Labs are sweet and so are Goldens. I don't know how Labs do with small dogs, but my 12lb Jack Russell was the boss of my g.f.'s 85 lb Golden. He was immediately submissive to my guy. They played great together, even if it looked a little weird!

You may want to PM, Toughy. She works at a doggie daycare, so I am sure she has all sorts of information about breeds being with other breeds. I bet she could help you out a great deal. She was very helpful to me in the past.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #56
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My favorite breed.... and well, I have always had a thing for Martha!!!

And French Bulldog Rescue organizations exist.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #57
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

I like french bulldogs. Very cute.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #58
DoReMiFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Hey Lady!

DoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Okay. This is totally off topic, but my dog has been in the vet since early Wednesday morning. They are getting ready to do exploratory surgery for a blockage in her intestines.

I am beside myself with worry.

'Anyone else had an experience like this? What were the results/findings?

On a side note, in relation to the previous posts in this thread, I would totally recommend rescuing a Yorkie from the pound or your local rescue. Not that I'm biased or anything.
DoReMiFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoReMiFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #59
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I hope your dog does well with the surgery, and that the news is good. I haven't had that experience, but I just wanted to offer some support!
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #60
DoReMiFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Hey Lady!

DoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST ReputationDoReMiFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I hope your dog does well with the surgery, and that the news is good. I haven't had that experience, but I just wanted to offer some support!
Thank you so much!!!
DoReMiFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoReMiFemme For This Useful Post: