Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Tea Party!

I know we have several folks here who love tea as much as I do so I thought it might be fun to share tips, favorite brands, etc.

WolfyOne came this weekend and brought a huge sampling of her favorite teas. Needless to say, we sat around sampling and sipping several times this weekend and I have now become a full-blown tea addict!
She left several bags lined up in a neat row for me to try and had hand-written the instructions on how long to steep them for each one. I thought it was pretty fucking thoughtful

I had discovered www.teavana.com a while back and went nuts getting some wonderful teas there. My favorite is "Snow Geisha" and also their version of "Sleepytime".

Wolfy brought about 30 teas from http://www.todd-holland.com/ and I fell in LOVE with several of them (so much so that I had to go order a bunch)

I am having a cup of "Summer Peach" right now. I believe it is a Tisane?

Let's talk!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Any and every kind of Jasmine Tea floats my boat. My fav is Jasmine Dragon Balls, and here's what some sites say about it:
  • Sweet scented aroma
  • helps to relieve tension.
  • Because the Art of Tea is about Good Taste.
  • Known for its aphrodisiac properties and its ability to calm and soothe the nerves.

Some of the local arts and crafts fairs have started having booths dedicated to whole flower teas, mix your own brew, and unique infusers/kettles, etc.

Great thread.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
She left several bags lined up in a neat row for me to try and had hand-written the instructions on how long to steep them for each one. I thought it was pretty fucking thoughtful

I had discovered www.teavana.com a while back and went nuts getting some wonderful teas there. My favorite is "Snow Geisha" and also their version of "Sleepytime".

Wolfy brought about 30 teas from http://www.todd-holland.com/ and I fell in LOVE with several of them (so much so that I had to go order a bunch)

Let's talk!

Mmmmmmmmmmm...that Wolfy is a dangerous one. Turning you on to tea and such! I'm gonna lurk. I love tea but know little to nothing about it.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Freckle! What the heck is flowering tea? I saw some of it on Teavana.com and it looks like a little ball. Does it open when it is put in the water?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I admit it. I came in here very scared thinking that either we were having a republican caucus OR that we were gonna get our gossip on.

I am clearly tea challenged.

Wolfy should bring some to Little Rock and Medusa should let us have a slumber/tea party.

Are my meds showing?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

I only drink one kind of tea, African Rooibos, hot or iced doesn't matter. Love it!

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Freckle! What the heck is flowering tea? I saw some of it on Teavana.com and it looks like a little ball. Does it open when it is put in the water?
Yes, exactly. I believe there are different varieties. I've seen folks sell the clear glass tea pots to brew them in so you get to see the flower unfurl. It's neat!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

"There are many different kinds of tea. Certain varieties, such as white tea, are like great wines -- only experienced palates can truly appreciate the subtleties caused by seasonal changes and soil conditions. Indeed the vocabulary of tea aficionados is similar to that of wine lovers: a leaf with a fine appearance is "well-twisted," whereas an oversized one is "bold"; "mature" tea is neither bitter nor flat, while an immature one tastes "green."

There are also teas suited to specific occasions. A strong, full-bodied tea like the smoky Lapsang Souchong is just right for breakfast. Lunch calls for a lighter, digestive drink such as green tea. Orange Pekoe is a delightful afternoon pick-me-up, while the flowery semifermented Oolong teas with their calming effects are perfect right before bedtime."

~Blue
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

i love Sleepytime, too. i'm easy.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #10
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

I
I mostly drink black or green tea...hot or iced.
I also use tea medicinally...red raspberry leaf tea is helpful for cramps...
peppermint tea is good for nausea...ginger tea is good for digestion..catnip tea will help you sleep.

~Blue
Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
Yes, exactly. I believe there are different varieties. I've seen folks sell the clear glass tea pots to brew them in so you get to see the flower unfurl. It's neat!

I love tea....mostly hot. And I have one of those clear glass tea pots and I use Primula Tea Flowers ~ www.primulatea.com The flowers opening up are hypnotic!

Also.... there is an amazing tea shop called > > McNulty's < < that is so lovely....the building (in Greenwich Village, if I'm remembering correctly) still has the original hardwoods ~ like an old general store ~ and very old, wooden tea bins, the old glass cases trimmed in oak. It's just charming. I could stay in there for hours, it smells so divine! I bought several teas there the last time and have ordered from them on~line. My favorite (so far) is the Mango Tea....but they have all manner of flavored, herbals, organics, etc.

Neat place.

Neat thread!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Dragon's Well tea is good for the heat. I drank lots of it one summer.

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

My favourites are Jasmine Dragon Pearls or Tears - same as above. I recently discovered Earl Grey and do like it quite a lot!

I lean toward milder teas. Blacks are often too bitter, though I love fruity ones when brewed just the right amount of time so they don't get oversteeped. There was the cutest little tea shop in Tacoma, WA where I used to have little femme tea get togethers with local friends and they had the most lovely Strawberries & Cream black tea that I adored and another, a Peach Passionfruit that was heavenly. I must admit that I went there as much for the tiny sandwiches and wonderful scones with devonshire cream and homemade jam as I did for the tea!

I miss that little place.
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #14
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I listen to this herb show a lot where the woman advocates nettle tea. I've never tried it. Has anybody else? She says it's energizing without wearing out your body the way caffeine can.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #15
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

After many years of being a black tea addict, lots of different kinds... I was turned on to Silver Needle White. Very different but wonderful Now i drink it pretty much all day .
Btw, many of the things you are mentioning are technically not Tea, though we refer to them as such. Herbs are tisanes, or herbal teas
I love many tea sites, but I am trying to cut down on buying it
I actually buy a lot on China Town.
Oh here's an interesting and unusual Tea site, they just started shipping in the US. Based in France, but having a Russian background.
http://www.us.kusmitea.com/en/black-tea/c1/index.html

Did anyone mention the Tea Map site yet ?
I use this when or if I travel to find Tea shops
http://www.teamap.com/

The Main site their Adagio Tea, is quite wonderful. Between all the Tea, and the Recipes, as well as Tea Lore.. and , individually blended Teas.. They have it all covered
If you want a $5 gift certificate, drop me a note with an email address, and I can send you one ( Free to me.. )
I spend hours there sometimes, just searching thru the recipes..and the Tea lore..
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #16
Toofrufru

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms as in Ms Fru to you
Relationship Status:
Not the Marrying kind!

Toofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST ReputationToofrufru Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Im a tea-totaler

I love a good cup of tea. Jasmine is my always my first choice. I found a wonderful tea shop. I have tried a milk tea, smoke tea, and the flowers teas. I lean toward a naturally sweet tea. I am a regular iced sweet tea drinker and moving to where they do not serve it in any restaurant. Being from the south not serving sweet tea at restaurant for this girl is like serving soup with no spoon! Why its just uncivilized LOL[
Toofrufru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toofrufru For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

And before I forget, you do all know about the Monthly Femme Teas, that we have in NYC, yes?
If you are visiting or live here.. and don't know, get in touch, we love out of towners to come to them
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #18
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Also, in no way was the above Post meant to imply,suggest or otherwise implant in any one's mind, the idea that Tea is a Femme only thang ! The group was started, to be all about Femme Bonding .. and Tea, seemed a good way to do that So its Femme Only, for that reason, no other...
I enjoy Tea with any and all kinds of folks..and you all should feel free to take m eto Tea, anytime you are visiting
I will be happy to recommend all kinds of places.
We have Korean Tea Houses,a Vegan Tea House, East Indian Tea House, Japanese, and a Alice in Wonderland Tea house..as well as others I can't quite recall . Oh yes, very English one, Tea & Sympathy..
Tea is a good thing
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivia View Post
I recently discovered Earl Grey and do like it quite a bit!
Mmmm....my favourite....the bergamot scent/flavour is heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I listen to this herb show a lot where the woman advocates nettle tea. I've never tried it. Has anybody else? She says it's energizing without wearing out your body the way caffeine can.
Yes! A woman I work with gave me some to use for its anti-inflammatory properties. I use it as an adjunct to my glucosamine...speaking of which, its still raining here, I'd better go make some now...thanks for the reminder Nat!

~Blue
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #20
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know we have several folks here who love tea as much as I do so I thought it might be fun to share tips, favorite brands, etc.

WolfyOne came this weekend and brought a huge sampling of her favorite teas. Needless to say, we sat around sampling and sipping several times this weekend and I have now become a full-blown tea addict!

Let's talk!

I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. I thought for sure we'd all be sharing tea in Little Rock in August. I think it's a great idea for those that drink tea to bring a few of their favorites to share. Medusa and I could bring tea sacs and measuring spoons. I suppose we'd have to figure out how to get enough cups though because no one should drink good tea in those throw away cups. I have an electric teapot to boil water in and would also bring it along.

None of the teas I left behind for you are Tisanes, but with the flavor of them they should be, lol.

The book I left behind on purpose and finally told R last night I did, is filled with explanations on some things about tea. If you flip through the pages, you can tell some of the people here that have never been tea addicts, some little tidbits or just the facts. Like Merrick said, the Tisanes have no tea in them at all, but steep like tea. I know the page with the Tisanes tells what is actually put in it. The other interesting thing we read was about the different types of tea leaves, but I can't remember it all to write about them.

Arwen, if you remember, you had the double mint tea in Cali with R and I because we had it with us when I left from Vegas. Yes, I know, twas a long time ago.

SF, for you, I would bring whatever you asked me for......even a sleeping bag or 3 for the slumber party you want

So, getting back to LR, I'm willing to help plan some kind of tea tasting event if others will pitch in and bring something along. If we make it a group effort, we may just find a few more tea merchants teas we could enjoy that we wouldn't have tried before had it not been there for the simple pleasure of sharing.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: