Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
Also, in no way was the above Post meant to imply,suggest or otherwise implant in any one's mind, the idea that Tea is a Femme only thang ! The group was started, to be all about Femme Bonding .. and Tea, seemed a good way to do that So its Femme Only, for that reason, no other...
I enjoy Tea with any and all kinds of folks..and you all should feel free to take m eto Tea, anytime you are visiting
I will be happy to recommend all kinds of places.
We have Korean Tea Houses,a Vegan Tea House, East Indian Tea House, Japanese, and a Alice in Wonderland Tea house..as well as others I can't quite recall . Oh yes, very English one, Tea & Sympathy..
Tea is a good thing

So, if I ever come to NY, I'll sit at the table next to all the femmes having tea. I'll sit quietly sipping my tea as I watch the bonding going on. Lastly, I for one did not feel like you were implying that tea was for femmes only. I totally understand about bonding with like minded people.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #22
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Favorite tea moments...

Well, one can't live in Victoria, BC and NOT post in this thread.

If you ever visit the island, one thing to do is Afternoon Tea. Now, I've heard that typically people will go to the Empress Hotel by the harbour for that, but if you want a cheaper tip, get a chance to go to Butchart Gardens and have their afternoon tea there. It's just as elegant and in a more beautiful natural setting if you're into gardens of all types.

I enjoyed afternoon tea there with my wife and mother-in-law 4.5 years ago and it was lovely (ok, admittedly I liked what comes WITH the tea. )

Another moment of tea bliss oddly came at the airport where we had lunch, and asked for Iced Tea. There isn't unsweetened iced tea readily available in Canada (odd that). But the server was clever and brought us hot tea and a pitcher of nothing but ice cubes and lemon wedges. For us diabetics it was pure heaven!

I'm a coffee drinker on average but to reduce my caffeine addiction, I'll welcome the change to tea when i'm around my wife or other tea drinkers. Specifically I'm into Jasmine and Green tea the most but I also enjoy others.

Good times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapaC For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #23
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofrufru View Post
I love a good cup of tea. Jasmine is my always my first choice. I found a wonderful tea shop. I have tried a milk tea, smoke tea, and the flowers teas. I lean toward a naturally sweet tea. I am a regular iced sweet tea drinker and moving to where they do not serve it in any restaurant. Being from the south not serving sweet tea at restaurant for this girl is like serving soup with no spoon! Why its just uncivilized LOL[
Too true, Fru--on the sweet tea. One of my most horrific eating experiences involved a restaurant in Ohio. I ordered a glass of sweet tea and was told they didn't have it. I sucked it up and ordered a glass of regular tea.

AND IT WAS INSTANT!

I asked for water. Nasty, nasty, nasty thing to do in a restaurant. I mean, I'll drink instant tea if I must but I'm sure the heck not paying for it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
I only drink one kind of tea, African Rooibos, hot or iced doesn't matter. Love it!
Cane, I adore Rooibos. I toured the Celestial Seasoning factory once (it was an easy drive when I lived in Colorado) and bought this amazing Moroccan tea that was hibiscus, rooibos and something else. Too die for good and I can't find it any more. SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
If you want a $5 gift certificate, drop me a note with an email address, and I can send you one ( Free to me.. )
I spend hours there sometimes, just searching thru the recipes..and the Tea lore..
Dang tea pusher! LOL But thank you. I found some neat places to try here in Austin. This one I've heard a lot about.

W00t! Thanks, Merrick. They have a TeaMap app. Downloading it now. Definitely going to call a few friends to go check out some tea rooms with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

Arwen, if you remember, you had the double mint tea in Cali with R and I because we had it with us when I left from Vegas. Yes, I know, twas a long time ago.
C, I do remember that. Yumminess!

One of the things I dearly want is a tetsubin. One day.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #24
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I listen to this herb show a lot where the woman advocates nettle tea. I've never tried it. Has anybody else? She says it's energizing without wearing out your body the way caffeine can.
I used to get a Strawberry Nettle tea from London Fruit & Herb Co. It was refreshing and mild. I didn't know about it's benefits at the time.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #25
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Im trying to find a decent tea service here in Little Rock. There is an afternoon tea thing at one of the bed and breakfasts but I think its kinda random and doesnt have a set time.

Is there a certain order that things are done in at a formal afternoon tea?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #26
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Im trying to find a decent tea service here in Little Rock. There is an afternoon tea thing at one of the bed and breakfasts but I think its kinda random and doesnt have a set time.

Is there a certain order that things are done in at a formal afternoon tea?

You may have just found your niche for the right business to open.

http://www.teamap.com/states/state_AR_Reviews.html
http://www.teaguide.net/tearoomsarkansas.htm

Seriously. 'Cause, girl, you got nothin' up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #27
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
You may have just found your niche for the right business to open.

http://www.teamap.com/states/state_AR_Reviews.html
http://www.teaguide.net/tearoomsarkansas.htm

Seriously. 'Cause, girl, you got nothin' up there.

Perhaps if I served possum and moonshine, it might help bring in more business?!

(Cause that there fancy tea stuff is too fancy schmancy for us Arkies!)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Perhaps if I served possum and moonshine, it might help bring in more business?!

(Cause that there fancy tea stuff is too fancy schmancy for us Arkies!)

I can see it now.

Roadkill Tea Room

....where you can get possum three ways (and three tire tracks too) plus a proper cup of tea.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

In the southeast sector of Portland, Oregon we have the Tao of Tea house - they have lovely selections of teas. LINK

I learned about roiboos tea a few years ago: a tea herbalist was sharing with me that it helps the body to retain and absorb iron. It has a light, delicate taste and I tend to sweeten it with honey. *yum*
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #30
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Last year my daughter and I hosted a "Mom & Me" tea party at a local tea room. We had scrumptious desserts, an amazing tea, and played a couple mingling games. We all wore fancy hats and had tons of fun chattering over our tea cups. I know we'll organize another. I would recommend it for anyone!

It was La-Tea-Da
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #31
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

For those that have trouble with their stomach and can handle a tea with earthiness as I like to call it, Pu Erhs are perfect for it. They tend to be more expensive because some of them are aged teas.

Here's a little about them for those that aren't familiar; The Chinese have hailed Pu Erh tea for centuries as an aid to digestion. Current medical tests have indicated its effectiveness in reducing cholesterol, giving credence to the Chinese tradition of drinking Pu Erh after a heavy, fat-laden meal. The large-leafed tea trees in Yunnan that produce the tea are closely related to the ancient tea plant of preglacial times.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #32
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite tea shop is Tea & Sympathy in NYC...mostly just because I love the name!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #33
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

When you come to Portland, we (YES JUNE) will take you here>> Tao of Tea
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #34
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Tea gardens are fairly easy to manage, and you can grow wayyyyyy more options than you can find in local tea houses (usually)

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #35
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default TEA!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a tea addict. I love love love love tea.

Grey cracks up at me all the time because if we travel I have to take my "kit". I also drive Him crazy because I won't drink tea out of those plastic travel cups. I only like them in mugs so I am forever spilling all over His nice clean car or on myself.

I only like loose leaf tea. I love Peet's Irish breakfast. Wolfy I have an electric tea kettle at work too. Most of my day is spent trying to achieve that perfect cup of tea. It can't be too hot or lukewarm. It has to be strong but not too strong. I like all my tea black. No sugar or cream. I love Jasmine Pearls too. Mighty Leaf tea is a great bagged tea company. I also like this decaffeinated Peach Green tea that I was obsessed with when I was pregnant.

My daughter knows not to interrupt Mom at tea time.

Awesome thread Medusa!!! I am excited to check out the links. My favorite tea place here is Imperial Tea Garden in Berkeley. They have a traditional tea service and the people that work there are very knowledgeable.

Ok I am going to make a cup of tea!!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Here's my little tea place....and the neat thing about it? You can order from them and they are SO Austin......

> > Linkalicious < <
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #37
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Here's my little tea place....and the neat thing about it? You can order from them and they are SO Austin......

> > Linkalicious < <
We should go there sometime for afternoon tea!

I used to drink more tea than I do now. I love Constant Comment, Earl Gray, Sleepytime, ginger, mint...

Pretty standard fare, but tea always calms me down.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #38
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
We should go there sometime for afternoon tea!

I used to drink more tea than I do now. I love Constant Comment, Earl Gray, Sleepytime, ginger, mint...

Pretty standard fare, but tea always calms me down.

Just say when! It's not too far from us!
I love all those teas, too! Esp. the Constant Comment!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #39
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

My First Tea.. was Constant Comment
I adore it..
You can only get it loose these days, directly from Bigelow ... ! Loose is .. such a difference !
Loose Tea btw, is cut differently from Tea Bag Tea ( in general although these days.. Theres a lot of.. change in that area.. )
Wolfy, if you are ever here, you will go out to Tea with me thank you very much

Tea & Sympathy, was a favorite spot of mine, many years back, but over the years it got a tad expensive for a pot of Tea, although they do still have the most fascinating British fare..
Pu Erh is wonderful, I like it with Chrysanthemum blossoms
On eo fmy favorite Scented Black Teas, btw is Lychee Black Tea ( 0r Litchi or ..probably a couple other spellings.. ) . Rose Congu, is darn good too
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #40
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I love me some Teavana!!!!