Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #41
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Im having some Todd & Holland "Ruby Tuesday" right now

Do any of you prefer a special teacup? I have been having my tea in chunky coffee cups but I would much prefer something like this:
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #42
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, that's just lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Do any of you prefer a special teacup? I have been having my tea in chunky coffee cups but I would much prefer something like this:
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #43
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

FOAM!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Yedi-Houseware-Classic-Teacups-Saucers/dp/B001ET6OQ0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1276053633&sr=8-5"]http://www.amazon.com/Yedi-Houseware-Classic-Teacups-Saucers/dp/B001ET6OQ0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1276053633&sr=8-5[/ame]
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #44
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Tea gardens are fairly easy to manage, and you can grow wayyyyyy more options than you can find in local tea houses (usually)

Dylan
What a LOVELY idea, Dylan!!
Has anyone done this? (& if so...) What kinds do you grow?

I recently found a delightful chocolate mint tea (smells like chocolate, tastes like mint) that I'd love to grow!

~Blue
The Following User Says Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #45
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post
I learned about roiboos tea a few years ago: a tea herbalist was sharing with me that it helps the body to retain and absorb iron.
This is great to know...I will have to find some for my vegan daughter. Thank you for this!

~Blue
Old 06-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #46
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I will always be a SleepyTime girl...which reminds me. I have a gift for the small blush in the valley. smile.

I think we need to do Austin Femme Teas for sure.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #47
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I feel like a bit of a philistine coming into this thread now, but for Me, as a Brit, we usually drink tea with milk and sometimes sugar ...
The common brands are Twinings, who do a great range of all kinds of tea, but I prefer their Breakfast Tea, and a brand called PG Tips.
I don't actually know many other Brits who don't drink anything other than the type that they have with milk, I do like Twinings range of fruit teas and have a real thing for rose-hip tea, but I rarely find it these days, it's a childhood memory thing for me!
Anyway, I would recommend Twinings tea now, they've got very good over the past few years!
*waves over the pond*
Old 06-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #48
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
I feel like a bit of a philistine coming into this thread now, but for Me, as a Brit, we usually drink tea with milk and sometimes sugar ...
The common brands are Twinings, who do a great range of all kinds of tea, but I prefer their Breakfast Tea, and a brand called PG Tips.
I don't actually know many other Brits who don't drink anything other than the type that they have with milk, I do like Twinings range of fruit teas and have a real thing for rose-hip tea, but I rarely find it these days, it's a childhood memory thing for me!
Anyway, I would recommend Twinings tea now, they've got very good over the past few years!
*waves over the pond*

I LOVE Twinings Earl Grey!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #49
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

We get PG Tips here, its good ..and for me, Tea mostly has milk and mild sweetener ( I prefer honey )
But for White and Green tea, I prefer no milk .. rarely a sweetener, Agave is good though. Anyone do any cooking with Matcha btw? Green Tea Cup Cakes..Yummm
Medusa, I have a ton of lovely Tea Cups, well at least several different patterns Yep, out grew the mugs
But I also like drinking Tea in glass glasses..!
Smoked Teas, which remind me of Russian Teas..as well as White Tea..
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #50
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Someone mentioned teas that are naturally sweet, and it instantly made me think of Good Earth's brand Sweet and Spicy. It has an amazing flavor that just doesn't need any sweetener.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #51
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I am a tea addict. I love love love love tea.

Grey cracks up at me all the time because if we travel I have to take my "kit". I also drive Him crazy because I won't drink tea out of those plastic travel cups. I only like them in mugs so I am forever spilling all over His nice clean car or on myself.
So very true. She is the first "Tea Addict" I have experienced up close and personal. Regarding the "kit"... correction. I call the kit her "rig." Previously, I did not realize all the paraphernalia it takes to make the perfect cup of tea. Who knew there is more to it than hot water and a tea bag?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #52
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

My mother told me that my father liked hot tea with milk and sugar and lemon. He was dead by then (died dramatically in a car crash on my 10th b'day) so I glommed on to anything that made me feel closer to him.

You will be allowed a full 15 minutes of laughter as I tell you that it took me several tries to figure out how to make that without having the lemon curdle the milk.

Now I like black tea with just cream/milk and something sweet. These days that's Splenda. And no, I don't want to hear about how bad that is, thanks for asking before preaching.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #53
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
My mother told me that my father liked hot tea with milk and sugar and lemon. He was dead by then (died dramatically in a car crash on my 10th b'day) so I glommed on to anything that made me feel closer to him.

You will be allowed a full 15 minutes of laughter as I tell you that it took me several tries to figure out how to make that without having the lemon curdle the milk.

Now I like black tea with just cream/milk and something sweet. These days that's Splenda. And no, I don't want to hear about how bad that is, thanks for asking before preaching.
I've always wondered how to do the lemon and milk sans curdling. I'm all ears....
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #54
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

My mother had a friend who collected tea cups like that one. She served her friends with them and part of the charm was that only the cups and saucers matched but she didn't have a whole set.

I also want to learn how to read tea leaves so I want one of these!

The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #55
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
I've always wondered how to do the lemon and milk sans curdling. I'm all ears....

I honestly have to sit down and do it again. I'm sure I'll have to figure it out again. LOL I'll let you know when I do.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #56
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
Me too
I've never been able to do that.. Ok, I never spent a lot of time trying but.. Is it possible ???
I've had problems adding milk to Flavored Teas with high concentrations of citrus : )
Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #57
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love the tea at Indian restaurants with lots of sugar. I don't know how they make it but it is so good. I also like Thai Iced Tea. Does anyone know how to make the Indian hot tea?

PG Tips is good strong black tea. I love it.

I only use mugs. I have some fancy tea cups that were my Grandma's but they are too fragile to use. I would love to have a nice tea set and cups. Some day I want to have a tea party with my daughter. Is 8 too young for tea?
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #58
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I love the tea at Indian restaurants with lots of sugar. I don't know how they make it but it is so good. I also like Thai Iced Tea. Does anyone know how to make the Indian hot tea?

PG Tips is good strong black tea. I love it.

I only use mugs. I have some fancy tea cups that were my Grandma's but they are too fragile to use. I would love to have a nice tea set and cups. Some day I want to have a tea party with my daughter. Is 8 too young for tea?
I suspect Indian Tea, is some variation of what we tend to call Chai.. Cardamom and other spices being added to good black Tea, of which India produces a couple kinds, but Assam comes to mind first.
I have some Thai Tea, loose, from L'Amyx, along with some lovely Mint Oolong, that an Oakland friend, sent me : )..
Thai Tea, actually has food coloring in it to make it that strange and yet fascinating Orange ...
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #59
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

This is not necessarily *fancy* tea... but I LOVE this as iced tea... with just a touch of sweetener

The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #60
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe I'm too British, but I just can't drink iced tea ... I don't know what it is, maybe it's from years of attempting to drink tea that's gone cold cos I've been too busy talking or typing to drink it ...
I've only ever had bottle Lipton iced tea though, I'll have to try real iced tea when I do finally get over the pond, I'll leave it until then to make a final decision!