Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #61
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm happy to say that Blush is wrangling a Tea Party for the Austin femmes on Saturday! So thanks, Medusa, for getting this started!

We're going to Zhi!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #62
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I LOVE Twinings Earl Grey!
NOTHING tastes as scrumptious as Twinings Early Grey tea in London. Getting the tea in the US just doesn't taste the same (okay it's good, but not ecstasy-producing delicious).

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #63
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post
NOTHING tastes as scrumptious as Twinings Early Grey tea in London. Getting the tea in the US just doesn't taste the same (okay it's good, but not ecstasy-producing delicious).
Ok, so you are the second person who has told me this!!!!! This makes me want to go to London now (although flying over the water for that long would require more Xanax than I currently have a prescription for)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #64
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted to share the link
for the native american tea company
http://www.nativeamericantea.com/cgi...&category=TEAS
I adore warriors brew and teepee dreams
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #65
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm happy to say that Blush is wrangling a Tea Party for the Austin femmes on Saturday! So thanks, Medusa, for getting this started!

We're going to Zhi!

Oh, fun!

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #66
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite teas are black teas...Peach Apricot is my favorite followed closely by a nice Scottish or English Breakfast blend. Like Massive said earlier, I've never gotten used to the idea of iced tea and prefer to drink it hot. There are a couple of really great tea rooms in the Seattle area. Now that I know you like tea, Sassy Leo, we should definitely plan to get together for tea. I'll also make a note to bring some to share in LR! :-)

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #67
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Note to self: I am not allowed to "window shop" on the Teavana tea site.
(I am NOT spending $256 on TEA)
Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #68
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Another neat place in Austin....

> > Tea Embassy < <
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #69
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

I had a friend who had access to a wholesale supplier of fine teas, and they had really really high quality teas that you could buy by the pound. Incidentally, a pound of tea is a LOT and it keeps very well. LOL So I'm stocked up on loose leaf for... well.. hmm.. a while.

You need a business license to buy from them, but I once wrote to them and told them I did not yet have a license but was considering a tea business (I swear at the time, I was!) and they sent me a whole TON of samples (I was not expecting that, just a copy of the brochure!):
http://www.metrotea.com/

If you DO have a business license you can buy wholesale and it is really lovely. I got a whole pound of Jasmine Dragon Pearls (the hand-rolled long leaf 'gunpowder' style of Jasmine tea) for like $70 I think. This is one of the most expensive teas you can buy so I got a FANTASTIC deal for a pound.

Anyway... would recommend them in a snap!

I've tried their black teas, rooibos (they have some lovely fruity blends of rooibos that are heavenly), and greens and they're all marvelous. But the jasmine pearls are still my all time favourite and probably the only one I'd go to the trouble to buy in bulk again.. .er.. if I ever run out that is. I even share - a LOT! LOL
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #70
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Note to self: I am not allowed to "window shop" on the Teavana tea site.
(I am NOT spending $256 on TEA)
Oh my... do they ship to Canada? I actually have teavana's app on my ipod touch - it's a lovely download that is a teatimer! You select the type of tea and it tells you how long to steep and has a lovely little animation to go along with it. Also info on different tea varieties, etc.
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #71
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Is there a Tea Basket for the Reunion Raffle?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #72
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Is there a Tea Basket for the Reunion Raffle?

Im going to have to check because I have been trying to win a frigging tea basket for the last umpteen years and have YET to succeed! And one year they had the cutest little crocheted tea cozy
Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #73
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Ok, so you are the second person who has told me this!!!!! This makes me want to go to London now (although flying over the water for that long would require more Xanax than I currently have a prescription for)

Incidentally, I checked flights to London last night and 2 round-trip first class tickets ( I am NOT flying coach for that long over the water) from Little Rock, Arkansas to London Heathrow is a little over $17,000
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #74
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Im going to have to check because I have been trying to win a frigging tea basket for the last umpteen years and have YET to succeed! And one year they had the cutest little crocheted tea cozy
That was knitted thank you very much....
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #75
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post
Part of the problem, I suspect..is that in the US, people tend to use Tea bags
Which are NOT at all the same as using loose Tea . Very different in taste and quality. The Tea put in bags, is cut very fine, and loses taste very quickly..
Not these days, there are company's changing the bags, and putting real loose tea in them, but those are the ones you have probably thought to yourself..Why would anyone pay that much for those !
Old 06-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #76
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
Part of the problem, I suspect..is that in the US, people tend to use Tea bags
Which are NOT at all the same as using loose Tea . Very different in taste and quality. The Tea put in bags, is cut very fine, and loses taste very quickly..
Not these days, there are company's changing the bags, and putting real loose tea in them, but those are the ones you have probably thought to yourself..Why would anyone pay that much for those !

The tea merchant I use has T-Sacs that I use when I only want a cup of tea for traveling. Just like tea bags, but you can put your loose tea in them. I think it's the next best thing to a tea bag if you don't like tea floating in your cup from a tea ball or infuser. Personally at home, I have a tea spoon I fill with tea when only wanting a cup. So, for those that like tea bags and also like loose tea, use a T-Sac.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #77
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Incidentally, I checked flights to London last night and 2 round-trip first class tickets ( I am NOT flying coach for that long over the water) from Little Rock, Arkansas to London Heathrow is a little over $17,000
Medusa - if you don't like flying or being on a plane try the Cunard transatlantic sailing trip. http://www.cunard.com/ They have afternoon tea everyday on board! It is a lot cheaper then flying first class. It also takes longer. About 6 days from NY to Southhampton. Rufusboi has arthritis and can't sit on a plane longer then 3 hours. Even that length of time makes him limp getting off the flight. So we are thinking of the Cunard option.

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #78
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
The tea merchant I use has T-Sacs that I use when I only want a cup of tea for traveling. Just like tea bags, but you can put your loose tea in them. I think it's the next best thing to a tea bag if you don't like tea floating in your cup from a tea ball or infuser. Personally at home, I have a tea spoon I fill with tea when only wanting a cup. So, for those that like tea bags and also like loose tea, use a T-Sac.
Absolutely, although i was referring to a lot of new companies, with.. Infuser bags.. I think that is more what they get called. Much improved and contain already measured loose Tea.. : )
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #79
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Hooray for Blush! She's trying to move the party to Sunday so poor Arwen can go. LOL

I just looked at a tea menu for The Steeping Room here in Austin. Wow. Just Wow.

I'm going to need a tea translator.

What's a good tea to start with? I really like roiboos, hibiscus and pomegranate.

Does that make me fruity?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #80
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
I suspect Indian Tea, is some variation of what we tend to call Chai.. Cardamom and other spices being added to good black Tea, of which India produces a couple kinds, but Assam comes to mind first.
I have some Thai Tea, loose, from L'Amyx, along with some lovely Mint Oolong, that an Oakland friend, sent me : )..
Thai Tea, actually has food coloring in it to make it that strange and yet fascinating Orange ...
The Indian Tea is not Chai tasting. I am not a huge fan of Chai. It is very strong black tea that they mix with milk or cream and then you load in the sugar and they have these little mugs to drink it out of and it just the best.

I did not know that about Thai Iced tea!! I thought it was just from the natural tea color. I like it with those tapioca balls in it too. It is like dessert.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote