Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #141
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I wondered if someone could suggest a high-quality brand of imported English or Irish black tea. I've tried several, but wondered if I could get some new suggestions.

Thanks.
Hmmm ..Maybe some UK friends can comment
I tend to recommend Harney & Sons, for All things Tea... But I can't say that I know much about specific English and /or Irish Teas. I was chatting with one of the people that works there, about What makes Irish vs English Breakfast Tea, but I don't recall all their answers I have to say, that I have come to believe that they really do have the best Tea around In all its forms...!
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #142
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I wondered if someone could suggest a high-quality brand of imported English or Irish black tea. I've tried several, but wondered if I could get some new suggestions.

Thanks.
Are you looking to buy the tea from the UK?

Twinings do speciality, English and Herbal teas. www.twinings.co.uk

These two companies sell English tea and various other teas. www.taylorsofharrogate.co.uk/

http://englishtea.org.uk/

You could try here: www.englishteastore.com (United States)

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #143
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
Hmmm ..Maybe some UK friends can comment
I tend to recommend Harney & Sons, for All things Tea... But I can't say that I know much about specific English and /or Irish Teas. I was chatting with one of the people that works there, about What makes Irish vs English Breakfast Tea, but I don't recall all their answers I have to say, that I have come to believe that they really do have the best Tea around In all its forms...!
Thank you MsMerrick...I'm definitely open to any/all suggestions. I will have to try Harney & Sons. I always enjoy a nice calming herbal as well in the evenings.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #144
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
Are you looking to buy the tea from the UK?

Twinings do speciality, English and Herbal teas. www.twinings.co.uk

These two companies sell English tea and various other teas. www.taylorsofharrogate.co.uk/

http://englishtea.org.uk/

You could try here: www.englishteastore.com (United States)

I do love Twinnings for English Breakfast...also Punjana for Irish Breakfast.
The other two brands I've yet to try, so thank you.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #145
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you MsMerrick...I'm definitely open to any/all suggestions. I will have to try Harney & Sons. I always enjoy a nice calming herbal as well in the evenings.
I gather you are in the NorthEast, rather a large area but..They have a Shop in Millerton, New York , as well as in Manhattan, down in Soho.. also of course, mail order
www.harney.com
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #146
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I think actually I know the best tea I have ever had was last saturday...had the grandgirls ages 2 and 6....and they took all the stuff off my i need to read this table... put it in the middle of the living room, and made a tea party.. .............with with folded napkins, tablecloth, little tiny tea cups and saucers,,,cookies..and put the pillows from my bed on the floor for our seats...
The tea was a well aged bottle of green tea they found in my fridge, heated in the microwave with several globs of honey in each cup.......the 6 year old served it in the living room....and we 3 sat and drank our tea...holding the cups all proper....tho the 2 year olds cup seemed to droop and pour on her lap and everywhere else.............
The carpet can be shampooed.....the most expensive tea in the world will never taste so good, because this tea was made with a love only a child can give....
Old 05-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #147
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

PG Tipps is good although a little light for my taste, still quite tasty
My favorite is Yorkshire Gold by Taylors of Harrogate, it has a nice malty flavor and is strong without bitterness. You can order both of these teas from Amazon.com.

Quote:

Thanks.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #148
princesskathie

How Do You Identify?:
Sparkle Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, babydoll, cutiepie, and angelpop all work just fine!
Relationship Status:
All kinds of twitterpated!

princesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputationprincesskathie Has the BEST Reputation

I adore a tea party! There are a couple of lovely places to go for high tea in the Raleigh, NC area. Any Carolina girls up for an excursion?

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve to have me at my best.
princesskathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #149
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i love tea parties! lipton is fine with me. i got a tea set for my birthday a couple years ago, love it. on the porch, drinking tea from my dollar store tea set. i think my niece only bought me that tea set so that i would have parties with her. we drink tea and make up gossip, ... and of course we speak in a southern accent.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #150
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Just rediscovered a lovely blooming tea that I used to indulge in a couple of times a week.

Teavana's Strawberry Misaki is amazing!

This is a description of the notes:

The romance of ripe strawberries is creatively captured in this hand-tied artisan display tea. The white tea ball blossoms into a spray of carnations when steeped. Perfect for travel and a masterpiece made for multiple infusions.

Delicate floral white tea infusion with sweet strawberry undertones.

This tea is GORGEOUS when it's steeping and "blooms" and tastes really smooth. LOVE.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #151
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Latest favorite actually goes in my Keurig! It's Celestial Seasons "Lemon Zinger" herbal tea and it is freaking DELICIOUS!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 AM   #152
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

LOVE that stuff, I have been on an iced tea kick with Lemon Zinger, drinking gallons of it, so good. The other Zingers are good too, Berry Zinger and Red Zinger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Latest favorite actually goes in my Keurig! It's Celestial Seasons "Lemon Zinger" herbal tea and it is freaking DELICIOUS!

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #153
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I have been reading up on the benefits of hibiscus tea and have about a pound of dried hibiscus here at the house that I'd like to use.

Do any of you have any recommendations for those fill-your-own tea bags? I have seen several advertised and they seem to vary in price. I do have a tea ball but thought the bags might be a little less messy
Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #154
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

My absolute favorite is Revolution's Sweet Ginger Peach tea (decaf) - good for my belly as well as yummy.

My second favorite is [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Tea-Decaf-Chocolate-Hazelnut/dp/B000CQG8B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405917835&sr=8-1&keywords=stash+chocolate+hazelnut+tea"]Stash's Chocolate Hazelnut Decaf tea[/ame] - I introduced this one to the fam last Christmas and they all fell in love with it.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 AM   #155
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I got my fill-your-own teabags in the mail and am going to attempt a hibiscus tea blend and maybe something with cloves and orange. I'll report back on how it turns out!!

I still have a TON of Teavana teas in here I am making my way through as well. Thankfully they are sealed in airtight containers or I'd have a bunch of stale tea on my hands!
Old 12-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #156
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

HOLLLLLLLYYYY MOLLLYYYY.

I have found what may very well be the Holy Grail of teas!!! Preface: I LOVE cinnamon and Red Hots.

THIS IS MAGICAL!

The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: