Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default america's got talent

who caught this incredible silver butch on tv last night??? Here is her performance...she wowed Howie and is making it to the next round..and she plugged her COMING OUT BOOK! She is 75 years old and is a retired teacher!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zKPQQKH0A"]YouTube- America's Got Talent Sally Cohn Audition[/nomedia]

at the end they blocked her from saying to be careful about what Howie was going to read from the book..she said it wasnt all about handwrestling...it was no secret, she said, it has her coming out poetry in it! I want to be her pen pal!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

i saw the performance. she was interesting and no doubtedly infinitely more famous now. her book is about hand whistling, though. she said it also contained her personal coming out story. hand wrestling may be a good read, too, though.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the clarification Cara. And I was just informed that Sally might not ID as butch..so I jumped to a conclusion and I apologize for that, but no matter what her ID is, she rocks! Seriously ROCKS!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
who caught this incredible silver butch on tv last night??? Here is her performance...she wowed Howie and is making it to the next round..and she plugged her COMING OUT BOOK! She is 75 years old and is a retired teacher!

YouTube- America's Got Talent Sally Cohn Audition

at the end they blocked her from saying to be careful about what Howie was going to read from the book..she said it wasnt all about handwrestling...it was no secret, she said, it has her coming out poetry in it! I want to be her pen pal!

I saw her last night....and she inspired me to send in my own video last night....just before the deadline.

She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great role model!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

interesting
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

get out! Diva! seriously??? I am SO glad you sent your video in! I love when we inspire each other to grow out of our fears or comfort zones and reach for what more we can do....

you made my day by telling us this...congrats, Diva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I saw her last night....and she inspired me to send in my own video last night....just before the deadline.

She was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great role model!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I saw her performance, too. I grinned the rest of the night.

I really like that show. It's like a kinder, gentler AI. I cry at every single show. Tonight's ending, with the two sisters singing, was so moving.

And, Diva...yeah! That's great!
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw her this morning (DVR, thankyouverymuch) and she made me giggle. A little birdie (Juney) said that she is known by some of our peeps (Juney) in Portland.

I hope to see tonight's show tonight, but the 19 year old has commandeered the TV for gaming, so it's not looking good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
get out! Diva! seriously??? I am SO glad you sent your video in! I love when we inspire each other to grow out of our fears or comfort zones and reach for what more we can do....

you made my day by telling us this...congrats, Diva!
Softness here's here video
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Those wall dancing people were kinda cool!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #11
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I just watched the end of AGT. The two sisters with Cystic Fibrosis were amazing. My cousins son died of it in his late 20's and there was NO way he could have sung. Such a moving performance !!!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Softness here's here video
I believe that if you don't 'go for it', you will always regret you didn't follow your dream. I live by this.

Yay Diva!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 AM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Those wall dancing people were kinda cool!

They WERE amazing! So graceful!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:28 AM   #14
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

I just watched the end of AGT. The two sisters with Cystic Fibrosis were amazing. My cousins son died of it in his late 20's and there was NO way he could have sung. Such a moving performance !!!

When the younger of the two pulled that mic away, opened up her mouth and hit that big note with all of her heart.....well....it just took my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOOO impressed with their passion....and their grit!

LOVED them!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Ms Diva, you have one powerful gifted voice there! Holy Posies! I hope you get a chance to get on AGT! I can see us all, glued to our tvs, with our puters up and running and posting back and forth, waiting for your turn!

I thought the sisters were inspirational and talented. I also loved the young man who did indoor Kite flying the day before. He has epilepsy and his hobby was how he relaxed and found inner peace. I was BLOWN AWAY by the gracefulness of his act...he too is going to Vegas...
Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

This is who I call a great singer. Alice Tan Ridley.
I posted this earlier because it blew me away....
Alice had me on my feet as well.

Awesome, awesome video.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sally Cohn has a web site for handwhistling!!!

http://www.handmelodies.com/

What a great person she seems to be!!!!

~Theo~

Psssssst..... Diva?? You should go for it (I wish you all the luck in the world!!) and follow your dream!!! I think you've got a great singing talent, a marvelous and winning personality..... and you should definitely share your gift with the larger world.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

I just watched Sally Cohn on America's Got Talent and she was wonderful!!! What a character she is! I can tell Ms Osborne does NOT like her and I wonder why? But Howie made a great point..there are a hundred dancers..a hundred and one singers but only ONE hand whistler...

well...maybe Howie...lots of us are adept at making sounds come from our hands and out mouths....giggling.....

GO SALLY!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #19
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Am I missing something with the painting girl? I mean, aside from the obvious and all.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

No, I don't think so. She's there for the same reason that Gawd awful woman that I was talking about before got through. You've got those with true talent and those with questionable or unusual talents that, in my opionion, are not worth a mil or a Vegas show.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote