Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tru Blood Fans

If you're a Tru Blood fan, this is the place to be! Share your thoughts, comments, etc about the show here.

This is one of my favorite shows on HBO. I'm hooked! I'm bummed the season ended and can't wait for the new season to begin. SSSoooooooooooooooookie....
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I am utterly MAD for True Blood. In fact, when I signed up for DirectTV for my new place, I had to tell them to make sure they added HBO! LOL
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Arwen, I'm right there with you. I'm addicted big time to it. I actually ordered the "tru blood" soda 4 pack. I basically got it out of curiosity, being a fan of the show, plus the bottles looked pretty cool (just like on the show at Sam's bar). It's blood orange soda and it leaves a bad after taste. Quite disappointing, after they were making a big deal about it. If you're thinking it will taste like Orange Crush, nope, it doesn't. I have the bottles on display in my bar which make for a great conversation piece, along with the bottle opener I ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I am utterly MAD for True Blood. In fact, when I signed up for DirectTV for my new place, I had to tell them to make sure they added HBO! LOL
Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Arwen, I'm right there with you. I'm addicted big time to it. I actually ordered the "tru blood" soda 4 pack. I basically got it out of curiosity, being a fan of the show, plus the bottles looked pretty cool (just like on the show at Sam's bar). It's blood orange soda and it leaves a bad after taste. Quite disappointing, after they were making a big deal about it. If you're thinking it will taste like Orange Crush, nope, it doesn't. I have the bottles on display in my bar which make for a great conversation piece, along with the bottle opener I ordered.
Have you read the books? I have not. My writing partner and best friend tells me I must.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Snowy loves Eric!!!
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Erik Northman is some kind of hot. Did you know that the actor is the son of the actor who played Bootstrap Bill in Pirates of the Caribbean? Did you care?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Nope, I'd rather the visual aspect of it <tv and all> know what i mean? P.S. we need to have a devil smiley in this joint, especially for me...

Quote:
Have you read the books? I have not. My writing partner and best friend tells me I must.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Avid True Blood fan here -

major jonesing for the new season.

I adore Eric - it's the bad boi what can I say.

I haven't read the books as yet but they are on my list soon.
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I don't even know when the new season starts. Anyone?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #10
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Ok, I rented Tru Blood and couldn't figure it out. I was bored in all honesty. I tried the second disk, and I still couldn't get into it. And I am a huge fan of the paranormal. Is this the same Tru Blood you guys are talking about? Did you have to keep watching it to get into it?

I'm not a reader, so no I never read any of the books.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Big Tru Blood fan...

I've been ready the books for years, and wasn't all that interested in a tv show based on them.. (I was like.. what? How about Anita Blake????)

But I was pleasantly suprised..

The show is more complex and involved than the books...I love the chart development ...

Lafette is my favorite..
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I am going to pick the books up and try them. I remember my writing partner insisting that I had to read them, but when I did try, I just could not get into them.

And I agree! Lafayette is the bomb-diggity! He cracks me up.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #13
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

They're saying Season 3 should start around June 16, 2010.

I found myself crushing on Jessica in Season 2. She never did anything for me when she was first introduced to the show, but then, BAM she struck me

I agree, Lafayette cracks me the hell up. I love that character...

Quote:
I don't even know when the new season starts. Anyone?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

HBO rep was in our cable lobby this week.......said True Blood season three will begin somewhere around june 2010
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

This show is fantastic, the writing and the character devleopment sucked me in. At first i didint give it a chance and then i had to spend some time playing catch up because i blew it off. This is one of the best shows on tv and i cant wait for the next season.

I love lafayette, in this 2nd season his screen time seemed limited??

I did like maryann a lot, wish she wouldve stuck around lol

I think Eric is becoming my fav
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:30 AM   #16
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am going to pick the books up and try them. I remember my writing partner insisting that I had to read them, but when I did try, I just could not get into them.

And I agree! Lafayette is the bomb-diggity! He cracks me up.

I used to call the books.. *The harlequen romances of the Supernatural World*

They were on my fluff list as something I could read at work... You know, something you could walk away from and then pick up again in two days... (I may have some slight issues with *eating* books that I think are really good)

Mitmo got me hooked on the show... She was like.. *damn, you have to watch this..*

Lol.. Any suprise that Maryann was my lotus eater's favorite??
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I adore Jessica. Her translation of permanent teen angst into the foreverness of a vampire really works for me. I particularly adored the line "You are going to be sorry when I get an eating disorder" to Bill.

And his whole reaction to realizing that he is now the parent of one sassy, scared, wildly wicked bad girl has been fascinating.

The character development has been a bit slow for me on some characters. Sam has grown but Sookie doesn't really change that much. Jason on the other hand has been a source of hilarity.

Gods, he's dumb but so pretty to look at. He's like the caricature of the gorgeous blond only in male format.

So who do YOU think snatched Bill at the end? Erik is the obvious choice, but I am leaning towards the Fellowship of the Sun.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Okay so I bought the first book. It's a bit weird reading it since I already KNOW what is going to happen! Not a huge fan of 1st person either but so far it's entertaining.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I was thinking about the Queen of New Orleans Sophia the other day. I hope they give her a longer story line, she was kinda interesting. I am def going to miss Maryann though, and yeah id def end up being a lotus eater lol
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:54 AM   #20
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I currently find myself in the midst of True Blood withdrawl. When will this misery end?
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote