Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #41
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
She has gone a week now with NO seizures and she is yet to
be put on any meds.
I still need to research that pottasium bromide and apparently it
is not easily accessable because the vet has still not received it.
I am so very glad to hear this, Dude! I know you both must be so relieved!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #42
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Dude, just wondering how your pup is???
Old 12-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #43
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I am so very glad to hear this, Dude! I know you both must be so relieved!
huge relief
she's nearly 2 weeks seizure free now

still trying to figure out what is the best treatment for her.
hypoglycemia ,diabeties or epilepsy?
I'm not sure the tests were conclusive on which one yet,
or if there's more testing we need to try to know for sure.

I really really want a stylish papoose.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #44
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
Hey Dude, just wondering how your pup is???
back to her bratty self ,thank you

also I was wondering if you know the name of the drug your dog is on?

This girl is a very picky eater, which doesn't help matters.We have been
giving her chicken because it's the only thing she will consistently eat.
We also have been giving her a midnight feeding.
We would like to ( if it's diabetes or hypoglycemia) control this thru diet
or supplements of some kind.
If any one knows of some healthier things she might eat in addition to her
chicken that would be great.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #45
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

OMG after almost three years of insisting "we will NOT get another dog until Lady is gone; I don't want her teaching another dog her bad habits; I cannot handle six animals; we cannot afford two dogs right now...." etc etc.... I think I just adopted a puppy.

My neighbors moved out and friends of the family came to clean up their apartment, so I went over to say hello and discovered that their puppy--which had been given away--was brought back this morning and dumped on the cleaning friends by a woman who said, "Take this dog back before my husband kills it."

The hip is deformed and the pup can't put any weight on the back leg at all. I have to go pick Lady up at the vet's this afternoon and so I offered to take the pup with me and see how bad the injuries are, and whether the dog can be saved or not.......

...........I can't shake the thought that I just got Gryph a puppy..........

This is crazy... How are we going to feed a pup that looks like it's either lab or pit bull??

How am I going to convince Lady to accept a puppy?

How will the cats EVER come to forgive us?!!!

.............maybe the puppy will belong to someone else... maybe... maybe?
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #46
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck!

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #47
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

So my poor girl keeps refusing to eat, any suggestions? (girl = dog, 4 year old, germanshepard mix, 92lbs, not underweight, not overwieght, just picky)

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #48
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default puppies

suck it up Bit. LOL you just got yourself another dog LOL I hate when stuff like that happens cause i know I am the new owner. LOL

Is there a reason your dog is not eating? sick? new food? if not, just leave some food down and when she wants, she will eat it. they will not starve to death, count on it.

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #49
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you kassy! I find myself hoping against hope this lil guy can make it and won't need surgery.

wolfwalker, shhhh! But yeah... *wry smile* I suspect you're right, I think he's ours if he lives because I KNOW Gryph is gonna Fall. In. Love. And I haven't got the heart to deny him if he falls for this baby, I really haven't! Those big baby blues will be begging me and how on earth can I say no?!

kassy, does your girl have a bad tooth? The fastest way to find out is to check her mouth... if she pulls away and won't let you look, it's time for the vet. Best of luck to you too!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #50
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

I swear my gliders eat better than I do but as for my dog, she tries to eat human food AND dog food.

she loves to eat my rice and I know u can feed them chicken and rice, but my question is, no seasonings on the chicken? and what temp to bake on and how long?
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #51
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

CRAP... I have a dog. I went to the bathroom... he cried and then FORCED himself to follow me, crying from pain and fear the whole way. Once he saw where I was he went back to bed... and then FORCED himself to come and meet me when I came back to the puter.

This baby better live. Crap. He wagged his tail at me, with two bad hips, he wagged his tail. CRAP.

*tries not to cry*

*doesn't succeed very well*

~~~~~~~~

*takes deep breath and gets re-centered*

Okay NotAnAverageGuy *that's a mouthful, lol* your dog can eat chicken, yes, cooked by any method--I favor boiling because you get the broth also, sooo good to make the rice with the broth--BUT never never never ever the chicken bones, and never turkey bones or turkey skin either.

Avoid mushrooms, onions, salt, and beans. Garlic is okay for dogs; it helps a little to repel fleas, and dogs tend to like the flavor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #52
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
CRAP... I have a dog. I went to the bathroom... he cried and then FORCED himself to follow me, crying from pain and fear the whole way. Once he saw where I was he went back to bed... and then FORCED himself to come and meet me when I came back to the puter.

This baby better live. Crap. He wagged his tail at me, with two bad hips, he wagged his tail. CRAP.

*tries not to cry*

*doesn't succeed very well*

~~~~~~~~

*takes deep breath and gets re-centered*

Okay NotAnAverageGuy *that's a mouthful, lol* your dog can eat chicken, yes, cooked by any method--I favor boiling because you get the broth also, sooo good to make the rice with the broth--BUT never never never ever the chicken bones, and never turkey bones or turkey skin either.

Avoid mushrooms, onions, salt, and beans. Garlic is okay for dogs; it helps a little to repel fleas, and dogs tend to like the flavor.

Hmm boiling never thought about that, ty for the tips and my dog is a garlic whore anyways lol, she got ahold of my garlic rice one time and chowed down

*rolls eyes* and if its easier just call me sugar daddieo lol
Old 12-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #53
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Dude, so glad she is being bratty again!!!!!

The special med we have Moose on is Keppra - it's used regularly in the human market but is fairly new to the veterinary market. It has made a huge difference in his life. He still takes low doses of phenobarbital and potassium bromide, but because the doses are so small he doesn't suffer from any side effects. He still has seizures - maybe once a month (and I daresay, you haven't seen a seizure until you've watched a 160# great dane have a full-fledged grand mal...). Once a month we can deal with. And equally as important, he now comes out of the seizure on his own fairly quickly, so no valium needed, and no more trips to the emergency clinic for seizure clusters that won't stop. That medication has truly been a life-saver for Moose.

Quote:

Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #54
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
I swear my gliders eat better than I do but as for my dog, she tries to eat human food AND dog food.

she loves to eat my rice and I know u can feed them chicken and rice, but my question is, no seasonings on the chicken? and what temp to bake on and how long?
are you asking how to bake a chicken? Its cheaper to buy the chicken on the bone cut up. If you're making it for your dog maybe put a tiny bit of olive oil. Bake at 380 for about 40 min, but that depends on the size of the pieces. I cook everything by temperature and use thermometer. You can also boil it until it starts to break away. Just pull it off the bones. Make sure you get all the bones. Try baking a sweet potato and give her/him 1/2 with that chicken.

no seasoning and definitely no onions. many times we give our dogs leftovers without thinking what's in it and some things are just not good for them and will make them sick.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #55
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hmm boiling never thought about that, ty for the tips and my dog is a garlic whore anyways lol, she got ahold of my garlic rice one time and chowed down

*rolls eyes* and if its easier just call me sugar daddieo lol
Just don't do too much garlic. In small doses its fine. Don't use garlic salt. Try adding a little parsley.

Dogs also love plain yogurt and small amounts its good for them. I wouldn't go crazy on grains. The best thing you can feed your dog is chicken, veggies, some fruits. Very little, if any grains.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #56
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
are you asking how to bake a chicken? Its cheaper to buy the chicken on the bone cut up. If you're making it for your dog maybe put a tiny bit of olive oil. Bake at 380 for about 40 min, but that depends on the size of the pieces. I cook everything by temperature and use thermometer. You can also boil it until it starts to break away. Just pull it off the bones. Make sure you get all the bones. Try baking a sweet potato and give her/him 1/2 with that chicken.

no seasoning and definitely no onions. many times we give our dogs leftovers without thinking what's in it and some things are just not good for them and will make them sick.
ohhhhhhh they can eat sweet tatos, woot this is great and yeah I always buy boneless chicken, I just wasnt sure what temp to set it too and for how long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Just don't do too much garlic. In small doses its fine. Don't use garlic salt. Try adding a little parsley.

Dogs also love plain yogurt and small amounts its good for them. I wouldn't go crazy on grains. The best thing you can feed your dog is chicken, veggies, some fruits. Very little, if any grains.

Yeah I have heard small doses and never garlic salt always garlic powder, i dont like garlic salt anyways lol so I wouldnt let my dog have it.... I think i need to google what dogs can and cannot have
Old 12-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #57
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

When my Gouda got liver damage from her chemo treatments her appetite was off. I joined a canine liver disease yahoo group and learned a wealth of information especially on diets. The easiest thing for a dog to digest for a protien source is fish. Dr Dodds DVM diet was highly recommended in this yahoo group. Of course not every dog mentioned here has liver disease but one can get the idea of ingredients dogs need in their diets if you choose to make your own
http://www.monicasegal.com/aboutus/yahoo017.php
Recipe

Per Week:

42 oz cod, baked

35 oz potato

42 oz sweet potato

21 oz zucchini

42 oz green beans

5 capsules, vitamin E 100 IU

25 mg vitamin B compound

250 mg Ester-C

1 ½ eggshells

7 tsp. canola oil (not to be used for dogs that have seizures)

40 mg zinc citrate or gluconate

1 ¼ tsp di-calcium phosphate

3 capsules, Multimineral Complex

As far as commercial food I feed Gouda Taste Of The Wild. Not cheap at all but I just love the ingredients in it and it has made a huge difference in her coat. Here is a link to the list of ingredients

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com...s/ingredients/

Here is also a link with some info and other links about canine diabetes diets

http://www.caninediabetes.org/pdorg/diet.htm

Quote:

Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #58
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot to add one more link (I read ALOT when Gouda was sick)
This link has ALOT of links on canine diet and nutrition

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/diet.htm
Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #59
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Remember to never give your dog grapes. They usually love them but the skins can be toxic to their kidneys.

Also, I just found this little factoid out...when your dog poops - look at the poop about 10-15 minutes after and see if it has a noctiably white/dry look to it. A dog who's food is properly balanced should have poop that maintains its poopy color for at least an hour or so after. If it turns white then your dogs kidneys aren't functioning properly so as to add moisture to the feces. One of the number one causes of premature death in dogs is kidney ailments. Olive had this problem and so I switched her food and she is pooping great now!

I also feed her two raw eggs a week to keep her coat shiney. She loves them...I can crack the egg right into her mouth
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #60
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
ohhhhhhh they can eat sweet tatos, woot this is great and yeah I always buy boneless chicken, I just wasnt sure what temp to set it too and for how long.

Yeah I have heard small doses and never garlic salt always garlic powder, i dont like garlic salt anyways lol so I wouldnt let my dog have it.... I think i need to google what dogs can and cannot have
Dogs love sweet potatoes and pumpkin. If you eat in balance with your local area you'll be more healthy and so will your dog. This is why seasonal fruits and veggies are important. In fall and into winter everyone, even my hens and pig get sweet potatoes, echinacea- cone flowers (which they eat no problem) and garlic. As mentioned I also start throwing mint, basil and any other herbs I have growing in the ground right before they freeze. This builds up immunity for winter.

Then spring you can give berries and baby greens which are easy to grow. But if you don't garden buy a big bag of blue berries at Sam's Club, defrost what you need and add to food with a small amount of yogurt. If you don't garden buy the tubs of organic spinach and salad mix - puree and add. They are under 4.00 a tub and one tub will last 1 human, 2 dogs or 1 tub 5 dogs.
AS summer heat approaches continue greens and add cantaloupe, green beans and peas. Soy beans in limited amounts,

There are things you clearly stay away from. Onions, tomatos (some tomato sauce ok) citrus, grapes, anything acid. Corn is ok but it's really too starchy and adds very little to their diet.

I eat a lot of beans- black beans, pinto, black eye peas. I always make extra for my dogs without onions and often throw in greens.

Change your own diet, become more balanced with the earth and your local environment then share it with your dog. Yes, he needs protein but why not supplement with fruits, veggies and legumes?

Here's what gets me... they tell you the life expectancy of certain breeds and it ranges from 14-20 years, right? The life expectancy of humans 40 years ago was very low, now its proven, with proper diet a human can live a healthy life to 120 years! I feel we can give this to our pets too. Over and over I see the results of of dogs living 25-30 years. Some of my dogs are already older and I didn't know what I know today. The dogs I adopt are already challenged BUT I see a huge difference in every aspect of their life by watching their diet, brushing, nice music, walks and love. We all benefit from this plan. (kiss)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: