Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Air Guns, Pistols, Rifles, BB Guns, Pellet Guns, Sling Shots...

I thought it would be a good thread to talk about hunting, and the usual stuff we do when we use bb guns, paint ball guns, sling shots, and so on and on. I figured we could talk about ammo, targets, scopes, and such.

One of my prized possesions is my older brother's sling shot. I wanted his Smith & Wesson pistol, but he gave that to his first born son.

Anyway, anyone else hunt, or go skeet shooting?

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

No hunting here. But this thread reminded me of the day I shot my uncle in the ass with a BB gun from across the yard. He had on clean jeans, you know, the kind that fit real tight when they've been washed, so when I hit his ass it hurt like hell. Mama gave it to me up the side of the head and then some....."you couldve hit him in the eyey..yada yada. God, what a great memory........ thanks for starting this thread. I'll let you know when I purchase a pistol...I've always liked guns. Course I'll announce I bought one after I hit the broad side of the barn *wink*
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I love to go skeet shooting. I went hunting, but couldn't hit the side of a barn. No matter what I tried. Nodda. I even went with a guide. It was at a resort in Farmington, PA called Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. They also teach fly fishing by Orvis, which I love, but again, couldn't figure it out to save my life.

I go every year, and just love it. The scenery is gorgeous.

Jack, I understand about being safe, and having the right to bear arms. I am in full agreement. Good for you and Dusa.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Question

Does anyone know if you have to wear, a requirement or law, shooting glasses or impact combat glasses when shooting? I just wear my sunglasses, but I noticed the last time I went skeet shooting that alot of folks were wearing these.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Bump de Bump Bump
Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Ol' Jet

When I read your story I thought of this.

YouTube- A Christmas Story

"you'll shoot your eye out"
I love that movie and that is exactly the way it was. Thanks for posting the clip, its funnier than hell
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

anyone know anything about taser guns????

I'm tempted to get one for my job just for some extra protection for all types of life in the forest.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post

I'm tempted to get one for my job just for some extra protection for all types of life in the forest.
In your state you have to have a permit for one, talk to your local sheriff.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

what are you interested in protecting yourself from in the forest?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Never been hunting but I have played paintball and that was awesome!!! I wouldn't mind going skeet shooting. I would hunt if I knew how to skin and clean animals properly so that I could cook it up and eat it.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
what are you interested in protecting yourself from in the forest?
mainly crazy people. It shouldn't be too bad but you never no who or what you'll run into. I'll be in a soft shell camper. Although i hopefully will be in a fairly public space I do feel a little more vulnerable and there are possibilities I'll be there on down times when not as many people are around. I'll be in there for 5 months. I'm going to get some bear spray but I wouldn't hesitate to use the taser on anything that threatened my physical being .. it might now do anything but i'd try it! I'll probably have a forest radio so I'd be able to get help eventually.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
mainly crazy people. It shouldn't be too bad but you never no who or what you'll run into. I'll be in a soft shell camper. Although i hopefully will be in a fairly public space I do feel a little more vulnerable and there are possibilities I'll be there on down times when not as many people are around. I'll be in there for 5 months. I'm going to get some bear spray but I wouldn't hesitate to use the taser on anything that threatened my physical being .. it might now do anything but i'd try it! I'll probably have a forest radio so I'd be able to get help eventually.
http://www.ncchc.org/pubs/CC/tasers.html

This was a neat read as I skimmed over it. As for permits well my thought on that is, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If you are concerned with permits, find out what the laws about weapons in your state are.

In my state if your weapon is in the open it is not concealed. So when I get in my truck to travel I put my pistol on the seat so it is not concealed. This is just for my state. I will tell you that when I go camping my pistol goes with me. Actually if I go anywhere my pistol goes with me.

Doesn't matter your weapon of choice for personal protection the thing is having enough guts to use it. Don't draw a weapon and talk about it, someone will take it from you and use it on you. Corkey is right though in many states mine included, tasers, pepper spray and stun guns are considered weapons and could get you into trouble without a permit. I doubt though that you'd be charged if someone had attempted to assault you.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
http://www.ncchc.org/pubs/CC/tasers.html

This was a neat read as I skimmed over it. As for permits well my thought on that is, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If you are concerned with permits, find out what the laws about weapons in your state are.

In my state if your weapon is in the open it is not concealed. So when I get in my truck to travel I put my pistol on the seat so it is not concealed. This is just for my state. I will tell you that when I go camping my pistol goes with me. Actually if I go anywhere my pistol goes with me.

Doesn't matter your weapon of choice for personal protection the thing is having enough guts to use it. Don't draw a weapon and talk about it, someone will take it from you and use it on you. Corkey is right though in many states mine included, tasers, pepper spray and stun guns are considered weapons and could get you into trouble without a permit. I doubt though that you'd be charged if someone had attempted to assault you.
From everything I've read they are legal and no permit is needed for the state of california.

I just wondered if anyone knew anything about them if I was looking into getting one. What should I look for. Sort of like buying anything, if someone has had one they have a better idea of what to look at?
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

I love shooting cans with my airsoft pistol. Its a 1911 USP model. If it wasn't so nasty outside I'd print some targets and shoot em.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Fishing and guns, whoooo hooooo.

My wife and I are going for our Conceal Carry Classes at the end of the month.
I just picked up a Kal-tec P-11 and Im thinking of getting my wife a PF-9.

Living in the country I just feel better knowing we can legally have something under the seat of the truck if we break down on a dark country road.

I've also fallen in love having enough land to target practice in my back yard.
Amen !!!!! Love guns love hunting , love fishing
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default thumbs up

I've wondered if there was a thread solely for hunting . I deer hunt , turkey hunt , coon and squirrel hunt . When I was 5 I squirrel hunted with sling shots . Like most youngins my first gun was a freakin 12 gauge gaaaaaaaassssshhh ( napoleon dynamite )
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default can I talk about my pocket pistol here

The NRA had a 3 day conference here last year and I took in a ton of information. It brought big bucks to Pittsburgh too.

A self defense class I took recommended that we trade in our little pocket pistols that didn't have laser sites on them and get a new one with the laser sites. Relatively new to the small fire power.

Statistic show, you are more likely to be taken seriously if you pull that *little pea shooter* on some villian and set those laser sites right on their face. Villian will think *OH OH, Wrong person to be messing with* and more than likely get away from you.

In the past they taught you to know how to use it (of course) because if they get it off of you, they will use it on you. Never pull out a pocket pistol if you are not prepared to use it. (any gun for that matter). Heres a picture of my newer Beretta. 6+1. Also, no hammer action in the rear to muck up your thumb.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Found and fell in love with this over the weekend. Due to SC gun laws and being a NC resident, I'm having to wait to have it shipped to my local gun dealer. Taurus PT138 Millennium. Yeah, I'm a pink kinda girl lol

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Oh wait until my Daddi sees this thread!

btw i love my slingshot, came in handy when the fox was near

i felt like Lil Red Robin Hood
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Yep. Certified gun nut here i love to hunt or fish. I hunt deer and grouse mostly. All part of our 'groceries'. We very much live off the land so to speak.
Fishing here is awesome. Lots ofbbass, pickerel, pike, perch, assorted trout and even muskie in the late summer. Life is good.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post: