Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hope no one minds if I hop in here!

I haven't knitted in ages but am looking to get back into it, and I've always wanted to learn to crochet ............. I'll have to look on youtube for videos Myself

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Tunisian crochet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunisian_crochet

http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=42

http://www.crochetcabana.com/specialty/tunisian.htm

I found this stitch in a knitting book that someone gave me. I stumbled thru the instructions and eventually figured things out. I used this stitch (and a nice cotton yarn) to make a lap blanket for a friend in a wheelchair, and baby blankets for other friends.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Tunisian crochet:

I found this stitch in a knitting book that someone gave me. I stumbled thru the instructions and eventually figured things out. I used this stitch (and a nice cotton yarn) to make a lap blanket for a friend in a wheelchair, and baby blankets for other friends.
I watched a youtube on it and it looks fun and thanks for stopping by WRyly!! Welcome to the thread...
Old 12-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hope no one minds if I hop in here!

I haven't knitted in ages but am looking to get back into it, and I've always wanted to learn to crochet ............. I'll have to look on youtube for videos Myself
You're more then welcome to stop by do you crochet?? Youtube has tons on crocheting there you can learn too its easy..welcome to the thread..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I never have but I've wanted to for a long time ~ My Nan was going to teach Me when she was alive but she's been gone for about 11 yrs now ........ I do wanna learn now though

The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
fiercegrrl
In Memory Of

How Do You Identify?:
fierce femme grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful, pumpkin, princess, sweet pea, babygirl
Relationship Status:
i don't think it's in the stars for me.

fiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Tunisian crochet:

thank you for the links! i'm looking forward to trying this after i finish my last holiday project.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #27
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegrrl View Post
thank you for the links! i'm looking forward to trying this after i finish my last holiday project.
Youtube has the afghan stitch too and its good to just google it and welcome to the thread!! I didn't think that there would be interest in it but there is I'm happy about that!! Keep crocheting all..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #28
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm gonna check out those links too and maybe get Myself some crochet stuff this week

Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #29
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm gonna check out those links too and maybe get Myself some crochet stuff this week
Oh Yay for you, you will love it once you pick it up!! crocheting that is..start out with some easy youtubes...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #30
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I crochet! I tried to learn to knit, and I actually did make a couple scarves, but knitting doesn't like my wrists so I went back to crocheting. I love love love to work with really fine threads and make doilies but right now I think crocheting with wool and making a hat--something I haven't done before--might be A Really Good Idea, lol... it is COLD outside.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I crochet! I tried to learn to knit, and I actually did make a couple scarves, but knitting doesn't like my wrists so I went back to crocheting. I love love love to work with really fine threads and make doilies but right now I think crocheting with wool and making a hat--something I haven't done before--might be A Really Good Idea, lol... it is COLD outside.
Welcome Bit to the thread I'm glad you knit and crochet yes I do like crocheting better then knitting for me. A hat would be nice and yes it is cold we have like 30 inches of snow here in NJ so its not very nice right now!! Dogs are having a tough time of it poor fellas but are adapting well..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #32
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

YIKES, Gail! That's way too much snow for your area, isn't it?

We've had almost none this year so far and I am QUITE content for it to stay that way.

I discovered that all crochet threads are not created equal. My favorite by far is Cebelia; oh my gosh it feels so good when you use it, and it cooperates so beautifully! I've been trying to force myself to use other threads and I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #33
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
YIKES, Gail! That's way too much snow for your area, isn't it?

We've had almost none this year so far and I am QUITE content for it to stay that way.

I discovered that all crochet threads are not created equal. My favorite by far is Cebelia; oh my gosh it feels so good when you use it, and it cooperates so beautifully! I've been trying to force myself to use other threads and I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much.
Yes it way too much for the NY/NY area we are not used to it and the City (NY City) is suffering a lot..I am snowed in for the time being its ridiculous and yo haven't got any snow in the MIdwest yet?? that is good though I will take the cold over the snow any day!!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #34
AlchemyGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, princess, babygrrl ;)
Relationship Status:
in a budding relationship ;)

AlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST ReputationAlchemyGrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Yes it way too much for the NY/NY area we are not used to it and the City (NY City) is suffering a lot..I am snowed in for the time being its ridiculous and yo haven't got any snow in the MIdwest yet?? that is good though I will take the cold over the snow any day!!
It is snowing here too...but we just have a dusting. Good luck getting through all the snow. Time to pull out the crochet and make something warm and cuddly. I actually just finished making two stuffed animals. Pokemon - a Pikachu and a Riachu. I'd post a picture if I knew how, LOL.

AlchemyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #35
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlchemy View Post
It is snowing here too...but we just have a dusting. Good luck getting through all the snow. Time to pull out the crochet and make something warm and cuddly. I actually just finished making two stuffed animals. Pokemon - a Pikachu and a Riachu. I'd post a picture if I knew how, LOL.
That sounds nice to make yes maybe a throw to keep us warm the dogs and I would love it...need crochet hooks though can't seem to find them..they are some place I know..It is getting warmer so some will melt which will be good I can at least get groceries tomorrow...yay..have fun crocheting
Old 12-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #36
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusFlower View Post
I need a hobby and have some yarn staring at me.

What is a good easy crochet pattern to start off with?
Youtube has basic crochet training so you could start there and work on ward to more advanced stitches but I would start with the basic crochet chain and stitches, hope that helps..
Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #37
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am not crafty at all. At work today my co-worker was wearing a beautiful crocheted (sp?) shawl that her friend had made for her. It was light, soft, delicate and suprisingly warm! Wow was it beautiful! More power to all of you who can make these beautiful things out of a ball of yarn!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I am not crafty at all. At work today my co-worker was wearing a beautiful crocheted (sp?) shawl that her friend had made for her. It was light, soft, delicate and suprisingly warm! Wow was it beautiful! More power to all of you who can make these beautiful things out of a ball of yarn!
Its really not that hard to do and there are youtube videos to learn from, I check them out regularly to keep up with my crocheting...but yes it is nice to do..
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #39
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just watched a series of you tube videos on how to make socks. That rocks cause it is on my list of things to do!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #40
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I just watched a series of you tube videos on how to make socks. That rocks cause it is on my list of things to do!
They have youtube videos on how to make socks?? really that would be a cool thing to do I will check it out thanks..

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting