Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation
Default For the love of a spork! All things gadgety!

In the past year or so I have become somewhat enamored by certain lil life saving or at least time saving ( back saving, etc.) gadgets.
I figured some other folks out there probably have precious lil tools that they just can't live without and it would be cool to turn each other on to the latest in electronics, hardware, etc.

My two newest and mostest favorite are A) The Hammerhead automatic hammmer made by craftsman. It is absolutely fantastic for doing crown molding and other projects where having a free hand is necessary! The next is B) the lights that either attach to a cap or wear as a headband. I use it for everything from lighting up the lines I need to follow with a jig / scroll saw to walking the dogs at night! Having two dogs on leashes doesn't allow for a flashlight, so the headlamp is great!

What do you guys have? I'm always looking for new handy/ fun things to work with or play with!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

*pokes my Daddy* Why's it gotta be "what do you GUYS have"??!?!?!? Girls, as you know perfectly well, enjoy tools, gadgets, and all things home reno related!

I know what you meant, just giving you hell.

Your lil handy, dandy homodepot lovin' girl
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

see now.. this is how all things unrelated start... I "could" have put this in the "butches" thread, but I purposefully did not, coz I knowssssss my girl is a handy dandy mizz wizard with some power tools.
I adore you and your affinity toward gadgetry.. so, tell me purdy lady.. whatchu got???? GIMME!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

i think the best gadgety things we have belong in another thread! *wink*
Old 11-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
i think the best gadgety things we have belong in another thread! *wink*
Ahem...you mean over there---->

I was watching NCIS and Dinozzo freaked out when one of those flat robot vacuum cleaner things circled out from under a couch. It goes and goes and goes, hits something and turns and goes another direction.

I have hardwood floor that breed dust over night , and of course there are the two fuzzy furpurrs that fly around the house.

Does anyone have one? Know someone that has one? It might drive my two cats up the their cat trees all day though.

I DO Want that hammer...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Trishagee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Trishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST ReputationTrishagee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love Gadgets!

I am ready to purchase a Kindle (sp?) but am reading about the one Sony put out for much less, difference is that the Kindle seems to have wifi, and the Sony version is similar to my Ipod, just plug and download... would love to hear from people who have both and their opinions before I buy one.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishagee View Post
I am ready to purchase a Kindle (sp?) but am reading about the one Sony put out for much less, difference is that the Kindle seems to have wifi, and the Sony version is similar to my Ipod, just plug and download... would love to hear from people who have both and their opinions before I buy one.
I have seen the Sony ads recently, and know the Kindle has been out a while.

and Amazon.com has it on a lot of the Book Pages. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=amb_link_85978291_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_r d_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=04XVQNHXJ9HAK348AQAH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =498747991&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation): Kindle Store[/ame]

..Don't have either one. My girl reads to me , and I don't have to worry about her being charged. She is always on..
Old 11-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
I love tools and gadgets.

I picked this up http://www.countycomm.com/microhook.htm

Had to have it, I carry it on my keys.
I have no reason to have it, but its mine.

Someday I will need it and it will be the apex of cool.
I had no idea you two were spies... now, I get it.Danger is in the midst of us..or at least, could be in your travels. I HAVE SEEEENNNN the Dusa Steamer Trunks, and dead Bellman......

Watched the gadget video ..It IS damn kewl.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post

Thanks Jack,

Just added Sears to my to do tomorrow list.AWESOME for my tool collection.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #10
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishagee View Post

Barnes and Nobles has one too... have you seen it?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

Every gadget I've acquired has become lost at some point, except for my trusty mini Swiss army knife. It gets used nearly every day. Hope I don't lose it but now I've probably cursed it, dammit.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #12
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

My dad has some sort of odd obsession with having tools he never uses... so I just use them when hes not looking. *bats eyelashes*

but honestly... my "i just cant live without" things are still duct tape and zip ties... *shrugs*
Old 11-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #13
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

I love the micro hook! I must have one and be apexy cool too now!
Yes, that's the hammerhead Jack! < insert lil MC Hammerhead dance here>
They also have a pretty snazzy multi-tool that has attachments for cutting stuff etc.
My newest obsession is a sliding double compound miter saw. No more flipping the crown to get the right cuts! Although the missy elliot song about crown molding was hot.."put the crown down flip it and reverse it ".. That WAS about home repair wasn't it? It's got a great beat and I can dance to it!

The gadgets in "another thread" can also be found at homo depot. The plumbing section has a wonderful little "funny pipe" as I recall.

Keep the gadgets coming!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #14
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
Every gadget I've acquired has become lost at some point, except for my trusty mini Swiss army knife. It gets used nearly every day. Hope I don't lose it but now I've probably cursed it, dammit.

My Ex and her partner went to Switzerland last year, and bought me a wonderful Swiss Army Knife. It remains wonderful, as I can't figure how the hecka to open it.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Just for the record, there is NOTHING funny about the "funny pipe" except maybe some moments.

Does anyone have a Dogie Doolie? Its on the list to purchase but I wanted to ask of anyone's experience with it? Like it? Love it? Couldn't live without it? Don't waste the $?

Jack... just how many trip wires do you encounter that you might need that grappling hook thingy? LOL
Old 11-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

There is no practical reason why I want these - other than the fact I just do! (hey, you never know when they can come in handy....)

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #17
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just for the record, there is NOTHING funny about the "funny pipe" except maybe some moments.

Does anyone have a Dogie Doolie? Its on the list to purchase but I wanted to ask of anyone's experience with it? Like it? Love it? Couldn't live without it? Don't waste the $?

Jack... just how many trip wires do you encounter that you might need that grappling hook thingy? LOL
I had one of those Dogie Doolies in a house I rented. It was killed by the lawn mower. RIP Dogie Doolie.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

ok.. the goggles go on the list too.. I can use them to spot the landmines that need to go into the dooley!

Whats the best lawnmower attachment for getting apples up with?
Currently I just smash em... we'll be better set to can some next year... the handy girl makes some kick ass applebutter! mmmm
Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #19
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

When traveling with the four bellman and luggage..Just in case, you never know when Jack may need to snag back a Steamer or the liner it came in on..

Been there Jack, and I wll never forget your nod and smile as we passed. We gotta just lovem..
Old 11-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #20
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrJess View Post
ok.. the goggles go on the list too.. I can use them to spot the landmines that need to go into the dooley!

Whats the best lawnmower attachment for getting apples up with?
Currently I just smash em... we'll be better set to can some next year... the handy girl makes some kick ass applebutter! mmmm
How about Jess ? LOVE APPLE BUTTER BTW
Apples...? Apples on the lawn***? All I have are whiteflies No Apples cept at the market. Dates, we have dates here, but, not on my lawn * I swear HONEY ..no apples or dates, just lil bugs...