Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #41
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Going to pick up a new gadget this weekend.. one of the laser measuring tapes, coz I am really sick of being off by > < much dammit! Any suggestions for a good one?

Also.. a good, easy to use/ read "stud finder" suggestion would be awesome.. We picked up a cheap one that really makes no sense in reading it.. I no likey

Thanks y'all!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #42
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Does anyone else here have a Flip? I LOVE it. A video camera the size of a cell phone that takes high quality, lengthy videos.

Mine has a custom rainbow heart. Plugs right into USB downloads fast, and isn't bulky. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #43
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

ok.. now THAT thing is awesome!!! stocking stuffer stocking stuffer.... mmm stockings...
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #44
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Does anyone else here have a Flip? I LOVE it. A video camera the size of a cell phone that takes high quality, lengthy videos.

Mine has a custom rainbow heart. Plugs right into USB downloads fast, and isn't bulky. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

So jealous. Those things are awesome.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #45
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

So part of today will be spent figuring out how to use a new gadget. A guy came to give us an estimate for re-doing our hardwood floors and had this handy-dandy lil tool. I have coveted it since I first saw it. Being the tactile vs visual person that I am, of course my "girl who fixes shit" will have to help me read the damned instructions ( yes, I am one of those who can't insert tab A into slot B) I have other methods or

Wish me luck....LOL or maybe wish her luck in the efforts to teach a new trick!
Here it is :
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a
Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #46
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrJess View Post
So part of today will be spent figuring out how to use a new gadget. A guy came to give us an estimate for re-doing our hardwood floors and had this handy-dandy lil tool. I have coveted it since I first saw it. Being the tactile vs visual person that I am, of course my "girl who fixes shit" will have to help me read the damned instructions ( yes, I am one of those who can't insert tab A into slot B) I have other methods or

Wish me luck....LOL or maybe wish her luck in the efforts to teach a new trick!
Here it is
Love that ..It looks liek everyone should have one.....Santa's lil helper are you here??

I was sorely disppointed last weekend. I headed out to Sears to stroke some Craftsman stuff.. Sears is gone. Building empty, no forwarding address. What a bummer feeling that was. Looking on-line today, the store moved into a mall..yuck.

Heading out , something will suit my fancy ..
Have a good one..

Where'd that flip camera thingeee come from?
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #47
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I turned the heat down to 64 yesterday, and went and bought two Snuggies. They came with book lights--I dunno the brand--that unfold, flip up and then over when you press the button, like the wings on a Lamborghini, or maybe like a Transformer... lol, we were entranced by the cool technogadgetry of it! Dunno how long they'll work, but ohhhh the look on the boy's face...
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #48
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So what do you think of the Snuggies????? I am really thinking of getting one for my cold-natured self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I turned the heat down to 64 yesterday, and went and bought two Snuggies. They came with book lights--I dunno the brand--that unfold, flip up and then over when you press the button, like the wings on a Lamborghini, or maybe like a Transformer... lol, we were entranced by the cool technogadgetry of it! Dunno how long they'll work, but ohhhh the look on the boy's face...
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #49
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I want a snuggie for Bob. Being a chihuahua in the winter is hard. He is hiding under my bed pillows right now. BRRRR!!!

I did get a kinda gadget type thing. I put a tv tuner in my computer, so I can watch tv in a little box, and still be on the puter. Very cool. HD too, and if I use it through Media Center, it gives an interactive guide. Thing also works as a dvr too. Cool little gadget.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #50
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
So what do you think of the Snuggies????? I am really thinking of getting one for my cold-natured self.
They're great! I won't have acrylic in the house--it melts into your skin and burns to the bone if there's a fire, and it gives off toxic fumes as well--but Snuggies are polyester, so I went ahead and bought them. Gryph was freezing the other night and put his on--warmed him up right away and kept him comfy.

They're weird though, kinda like a hospital gown with choir-boy sleeves, and unless a person is tall, they're too long in the front--great for getting your feet warm, but not good at all for getting up and walking around. I'm considering pinning them up some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
I want a snuggie for Bob. Being a chihuahua in the winter is hard. He is hiding under my bed pillows right now. BRRRR!!!
Poor Bob! Maybe he needs sweaters?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #51
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrJess View Post
Going to pick up a new gadget this weekend.. one of the laser measuring tapes, coz I am really sick of being off by > < much dammit! Any suggestions for a good one?

Also.. a good, easy to use/ read "stud finder" suggestion would be awesome.. We picked up a cheap one that really makes no sense in reading it.. I no likey

Thanks y'all!

Hey there SyrJess!!
I have a Strait-Line laser tape. It works great, especially measuring curves. It is a moderately priced one. It has really made a difference in the amount of time it takes me to measure and put a bid together. 9 volt battery powered. I have tested accuracy and it has been right on, unless of course user error occured.

You may have already tried this one.I am not a huge Ryobi fan but my carpenter friend turned me onto the stud finder they make and it works like a charm for me. 9 volt battery powered! I also check this one for accuracy every so often and it seems to hold its calibration well.

Goodluck!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #52
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Bob has sweaters. Lots and lots of sweaters. He also has tons of tshirts, a running suit, and a Santa costume. But, no snuggie. How can I deprive him of a snuggie? That would be cruel. rofl
Old 11-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #53
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
How can I deprive him of a snuggie? That would be cruel. rofl
Well... I think you missed the part where they open up the back, and hang down so far in front that they trip you when you walk... cruel to deprive Bob of that joy? lol... better to get him a cape, I think.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #54
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Yes!! A cape would be great!! Just so you know, I posted two Bob videos in the Youtube thread.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #55
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default A very cool gadget

Okay .. I am so excited about this thing, I just had to share.

Mare enjoys listening to online radio stations - so I contemplated buying Her satellite radio for Christmas. Well, She is not a fan of subscribing to those types of things - so I considered HD Radio (but from what I have researched, it's lame and it sucks.)

Soooo.... I found the next best thing to satellite. Wireless Internet Radio.

OMG this thing is soo freakin' cool if you love listening to online radio!

Mare now has access to over 16,000 + internet radio stations. AND it's wireless. AND your computer doesn't have to be on for this to work. AND (even though it was a bit tricky to configure at first), it essentially worked right out of the box! And you can add your favorite radio station - I can listen to my favorite NY stations again.

There are a few of these out there, but I opted for the Grace. Logitech has a really cool one, but the latest model they have out is pretty expensive.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #56
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE all things gadgety... and consider Myself the Gadget King.. well atleast in My Kingdom. I have everything from a handheld GPS to a full tilt as many apps as possible cell phone.. just something about learning how to use the gadget and all the whistles and bells.

Long Live Gadgety Nerds.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #57
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I have a new gadget - the Blackberry Storm2 - one of the touchy screen things...

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!! I so can't figure it out...

I need to have bratboy show Momma how much of an idjit she is...
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #58
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

OMG! I am SO jealous!

We rented a "cabin" (read: very plush modern house atop a mountain) back in August. The owners, also very gadgety folks, had one of these.

We were in love.

That and the nifty indoor/outdoor whole house speaker thingy will certainly be on the lists for the spring renovation hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Okay .. I am so excited about this thing, I just had to share.

Mare enjoys listening to online radio stations - so I contemplated buying Her satellite radio for Christmas. Well, She is not a fan of subscribing to those types of things - so I considered HD Radio (but from what I have researched, it's lame and it sucks.)

Soooo.... I found the next best thing to satellite. Wireless Internet Radio.

OMG this thing is soo freakin' cool if you love listening to online radio!

Mare now has access to over 16,000 + internet radio stations. AND it's wireless. AND your computer doesn't have to be on for this to work. AND (even though it was a bit tricky to configure at first), it essentially worked right out of the box! And you can add your favorite radio station - I can listen to my favorite NY stations again.

There are a few of these out there, but I opted for the Grace. Logitech has a really cool one, but the latest model they have out is pretty expensive.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #59
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
OMG! I am SO jealous!

We rented a "cabin" (read: very plush modern house atop a mountain) back in August. The owners, also very gadgety folks, had one of these.

We were in love.

That and the nifty indoor/outdoor whole house speaker thingy will certainly be on the lists for the spring renovation hell.

This radio IS very cool. Yes, be jealous. *smirk*

There are literally THOUSANDS of radio stations of all genres out there and this nifty little thing let's me tap into it. I was thrilled when I read that a company is working on making this technology work for automobiles - making it truly portable. *insert woohoo! here*

Last year, I bought Her indoor/outdoor wireless speakers so She broadcast Her online radio from Her computer into the yard if She wanted to. I haven't played with it yet - but I am going to try and hook them up to this radio so She could have full surround sound.

I love gadgets.
(Especially gadgets that won't cost an arm and a leg to upkeep).

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #60
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Hey Christie, was it you that asked about the Doggie Dooley? Did you try it? Did it work?

I had one years ago in Phoenix and it worked okay--not great, but okay--but now in a snowy climate I dunno whether it will work or not... I wasn't worried about it when you first posted, since Lady's so little... but SHEESH that puppy is gonna be B.I.G....