Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #61
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I did ask about the Doggie Dooley. We haven't tried it yet and if I can stop with my yarn addiction, we will have one soon! LOL

Big puppy? LOLOLOL - Our giant schnauzer, Samson, weighs in at 114lbs. Only 7lbs more than the lovely young woman who groomed him while he and the two minis were at "puppy camp" over the holidays! She wasn't happy that he wanted to sit in her lap while she trimmed his toenails!

Speaking of pet toes... the PediPaws, IMO, is a joke and $20 wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Hey Christie, was it you that asked about the Doggie Dooley? Did you try it? Did it work?

I had one years ago in Phoenix and it worked okay--not great, but okay--but now in a snowy climate I dunno whether it will work or not... I wasn't worried about it when you first posted, since Lady's so little... but SHEESH that puppy is gonna be B.I.G....
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #62
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Cool Christmas gadget.. 19 v cordless drill and right angle drill set... Zippy enough to do some pretty heavy duty work and the right angle drill makes hard to reach areas a snap. Had to bore some holes through cabinets to install new lighting and a reg drill just wouldn't cut it ( insert obvious pun scoff here!).

RE: wireless internet radio.. ENVYENVYENVY!!! We can get internet radio through Rhapsody on Tivo and Pandora with the blu-ray player.. but wireless anything makes me drool! Wires/ cords are the bane of my existence! Any way I can find to hide them until the world catches up to total wireless-ness is an ongoing challenge. Suggestions welcome!!!

Re : Doggy Dooley... Not only do we have Sammy the hefty poop machine, but we have the two minis also who hold their weight in the poop manufacturing dept. We are looking at 2 Dooleys for separate areas of yard. I think once a weekly schedule is in place to add the "digester" it should be very helpful. I will make sure to make myself a flag lest I have the tragic mowing accident mentioned earlier in the thread! LOL

Anyone used the ergonomic crochet needles? Looking at getting the girl a set as she is having some issues with possible carpel tunnel/ tendonitis. Between computer work and her crocheting hobby she seems to hurt a lot. Wondering if anyone has used/ can recommend them.. or brand specific?

Happy gadgeting!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #63
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

RE: wireless internet radio.. ENVYENVYENVY!!! We can get internet radio through Rhapsody on Tivo and Pandora with the blu-ray player.. but wireless anything makes me drool! Wires/ cords are the bane of my existence! Any way I can find to hide them until the world catches up to total wireless-ness is an ongoing challenge. Suggestions welcome!!!

Happy gadgeting!
You can also get internet radio on devices like PSP, XBox, etc.. (in fact, Live365.com just announced they are available on the XBox).

Almost everything is becoming wireless.

Hint: If you have wireless B or G - upgrade to N. More stable and capable of handling a wireless home.

I want to free our house of wires too - in fact, I almost bought Mare a wireless printer - but I bought so many gadgets for Her this Christmas, I didn't want to "overdo".... (but She still may get one soon enough...) Awesome when you have more than one computer and don't want to mess with switching cables or buying an A/B switch - and you can put it anywhere in the house. No more printer cable "leashes".

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jess! Sammy the hefty poop machine, lol!!! Oh my... I live in fear that Trooper will never stop growing. He has the potential to hit 100 pounds, yanno? Yikes...

Nick bought ergonomic crochet hooks, I will ask him about them.

In the meantime, exercises might help a lot with the CTS. The simplest one of all is to hold your right hand out in front of you, elbow straight, as if you were a traffic cop. With the other hand, bend back each finger in turn and hold for a few seconds. Remember to do your thumb, also. Never go to the point of actual pain! Just pull till you feel the stretch. Then repeat on your left hand. If you do this repeatedly during the day, it may help a lot.

Also, with CTS, it's very important to keep the fingers extended while you sleep. People quite often naturally curl the fingers under, but that increases swelling inside the carpal tunnels and puts additional pressure on the nerves. It might help to sleep in wrist braces for a while. The kind to get are the "cock-up wrist braces" (usually with a metal piece in the palm) as they keep the wrist in a neutral position. *enjoy any double entendres at your leisure*
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #65
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone had the chance to play with a Black & Decker Ready Wrench yet? I'm thinking about getting one for Ryan. He thinks he might like it, since it's a manual change over for the different sizes but we haven't known anyone who has had a chance to work with one to be sure.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #66
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Has anyone had the chance to play with a Black & Decker Ready Wrench yet? I'm thinking about getting one for Ryan. He thinks he might like it, since it's a manual change over for the different sizes but we haven't known anyone who has had a chance to work with one to be sure.
While I havent bought it yet, I dont see how it could be bad. I ABHOR having to stop, climb out of whatever cirque de homo-improvement contortion I am in to dig for the right size socket.

It also negates the probability that I will break a nail while trying to pry the sockets out of their holders. That. Would. Be. Bad.

Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
While I havent bought it yet, I dont see how it could be bad. I ABHOR having to stop, climb out of whatever cirque de homo-improvement contortion I am in to dig for the right size socket.

It also negates the probability that I will break a nail while trying to pry the sockets out of their holders. That. Would. Be. Bad.

Christie
I saw it and kinda played with it in the package but I'm still not sure but it DOES look like fun.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #68
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Lord help me if she breaks a nail! It's ON!!! I know this look!!!
This user will heretofore make all necessary adjustments to socket wrenches until purchase of the way cool multi-head flippity doodah wrench finds a home here!
Kisses her loverly hand
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #69
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Jess--I asked Nick; he says the ergonomic crochet hooks make it possible for him to hold the hook more loosely, and he thinks they're worth the price.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #70
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Blackberry Storm2 huh...

Well, I am now an iPhone junkie... gotta feel sorry for Dana who is now an iPhone widow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I have a new gadget - the Blackberry Storm2 - one of the touchy screen things...

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!! I so can't figure it out...

I need to have bratboy show Momma how much of an idjit she is...