Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is your favorite childhood toy?

Some years go, I ran a collectible toy store in a local antique mall. One of my favorite things was to ask my customers what their favorite childhood toy was. Not only did it give me information, but you could see the look of nostalgia in their eyes as they described their favorite and maybe for just a minute, no matter what their current problems, it took them back to a happier place and time.
So what is your favorite, the thing you remember playing with the most? I had mostly boy toys growing up and my favorite was the Marx Best of the West Geronimo and General Custer.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I had a Flip Wilson/Geraldine doll...makes a lot more sense, now. *laughs

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I had a few favorites growing up,

Rockem'Sock'em Robots

Hot Wheels and the track, the orange track with the power - paks to make them go faster

Slot Car Racing set, I still have the cars

The board game "Smess"

A marx shooting gallery, it shot small metal balls

and I had a rubber horseshoe game that I loved
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
I had a Flip Wilson/Geraldine doll...makes a lot more sense, now. *laughs
omg! I lovvvvved Geraldine! I still have my old records.

I'm not sure what my fav toys were. I think I'd have to go with my Tonka set. They were huge (well, huge to a kid lol) steel toys that were rideable and workable! I had the dump truck, backhoe and bulldozer. They were yellow. I loved them. I spent hours digging and hauling dirt and rocks. I still had the dump truck until a couple years ago when I decided to make a planter out of it for my gramma. Now it's sitting in her front yard full of pretty flowers...lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I still have my Hungry Hippos game too. The game was ok but it was much more fun daring my younger cousins to shove those little balls up their noses...lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite childhood toys were typically elephant-related ... started out with the famous childrens' books about the adventures of Babar the Elephant. Even today, I find it hard to resist a cuddly elephant in a toystore.

I much more likely cuddly toys than dolls, whether boy or girl-themed, although I confess to loving this doll that I was given as a present only a few years ago .... I'm not necessarily sympathetic towards all of Dr Laura's views, or the way that she presents them, but I do confess that I've a bit of a crush on her, esp with her yellow stilletoes:

Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Had two- Tonka Trucks and a Thumbalina doll. Hummmm... sort of carried this through adulthood. I like being a mix of female and male.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Thats an easy one for me,I had Lincon loggs,farm and ranch sets.tou horses of all kind with every emagnal accesoire to be had.Onde I bought a huge toy pickup truck with a goose neck trailer with all the horses to put in it..I was about 9 or so.I built all kinds of ranch setups,rodeo arenas,pasture sceans with trees as well as horses..wasnt to long till I finaly got a drivers licence at 15 that I had my first real ntruck and gooseneck trailer that looks very much like the toy ones I had as a kid...only they were the real thing with real horses...Oh yes,I was on topof the worls with all that...liveing the dream.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
blackboot

How Do You Identify?:
TransgenderMasculineQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
H with a y
Relationship Status:
fluxing the solder.

1 Highscore

blackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputation

THIS!

blackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to blackboot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
blackboot

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
H with a y
Relationship Status:
fluxing the solder.

1 Highscore

blackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputation

and THIS!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to blackboot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I love the thing maker, and I still have mine
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #12
blackboot

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
H with a y
Relationship Status:
fluxing the solder.

1 Highscore

Santa brought me THIS when I was 12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blackboot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

My schwinn bike with a banana seat,a sissy bar,and extended forks,,of course with a card being held by a wooden clothes pin hitting the spoke ! lol !

Other than that,,my slinky and my etch-a-sketch !

oh yea,,and my Johnny and Jane West dolls with the horses ( They used to beat up GI Joe and barbie )
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

These were my 2 favorites as a kid

On days when I didn't visit my cousins bakery, I liked playing with this,

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

OOOH!
I loved my:
Lincoln logs
Girder and panel set
Mousetrap game
matchbox cars

and the best of all were all sorts of little plastic animals -I had in several coffee cans full of them. I had hundreds of them and would play with them for HOURS.

I also loved my Jane West doll and would make her do "things" (insert eyebrow waggle) to my sister's Barbies and my Lone Ranger doll (the pervieness arrived early)

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary

Last edited by Venus007; 04-30-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: almost forgot Matchbos cars, the travisty
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
OOOH!
I loved my:
Lincoln logs
Girder and panel set
Mousetrap game
matchbox cars

and the best of all were all sorts of little plastic animals -I had in several coffee cans full of them. I had hundreds of them and would play with them for HOURS.

I also loved my Jane West doll and would make her do "things" (insert eyebrow waggle) to my sister's Barbies and my Lone Ranger doll (the pervieness arrived early)
lol you pervette !! lol !
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

- weebles wabbles

- GI Joe and his gears

- minature tea cup set

- giant coloring books
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #18
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
OOOH!
I loved my:
Lincoln logs
Girder and panel set
Mousetrap game
matchbox cars

Wow, a girder and panel set! Those are kind of rare. I had one once in my shop and I thought it was the coolest thing.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #19
Chazz

How Do You Identify?:
cisBUTCH
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey
Relationship Status:
Single - gave up the farce

Chazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST Reputation

Childhood toys, eh.

Etch-A-Sketch
ViewMaster Classic 3D Magic Viewer (got it at a junk shop and loved it)
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chazz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Adventure books! Those were my toys pretty much. And trees, big, giant climbing trees where one could get away from it all.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: