Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #41
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default may I add....

www.nationalartcraft.com
You can ask for, and get, their catalog....all sorts of artsy craftsy supplies...in bulk....for really neat prices...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #42
ironygrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
Single

ironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputationironygrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love!

I am currently crocheting my first afghan. Two months into it and its coming along nicely, even if the edges aren't exactly even in some spots. I'm having fun though!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #43
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironygrl View Post
I am currently crocheting my first afghan. Two months into it and its coming along nicely, even if the edges aren't exactly even in some spots. I'm having fun though!
I would love to see it when you've finished it!

The uneven edges will add character to the blanket and that is always a good thing! I had a machine made Afghan that, although was nice....it was just that, NICE! It had no character, so I gave it to a charity shop.

Over time with use and washing the yarn (if wool) will stretch a little and the edges may look more even.

For Christmas, my close friend hand knitted me 2 hat and scarf sets....her husband said they looked silly, yet, I love them because she took the time to knit them for me AND they have character. My friend also made the hats big enough for me to wear my hair up under them....shop bought hats aren't big enough.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #44
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Like animals?

check out

http://www.snugglesproject.org/

this is a world wide program for making (sewing, knitting, crocheting) small, medium, and large blankets for animals in shelters.

There is a listing of places (maybe right near you!) that will accept blankets.

The blanket becomes the animals and goes home with them when they are adopted

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #45
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

for 2012 making kids blankets for the Women's Shelter in town!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #46
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I like crafts and generally I do not have the time, however now it seems I have an overabundance of it available to me. I like doing various things, and while I am probably not as crafty as some and it may not always look good, I enjoy it.

Some of the stuff I am in to is...

Bead Sprites, taking the meltable beads such as perler, or hama beads and creating designs with them then melting them together. Generally I do video game characters, for example I have sonic sitting on my desk, and I made an awesome looking Eeyore for my girl.

Crocheting, I tried doing this, and I have some stuff started, basic scarves really, but this one is hard for me to do it seems like and requires more patience then other things.

I have a lot of random craft supplies, TONS of paper that I had purchased with the intent to scrapbook that I really should do something with. I am always wanting to try new stuff or learn something new. I just love creating stuff with my hands really.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #47
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironygrl View Post
I love to crochet....I am just not very good at it and my edges aren't even either. I too am working on my first... well, it started out as an afghan, umm... it has morphed into a bedspread... that is thought would be full size... but not....by the time I get done, it probably would fit a king size bed! It is a really funny thing!
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #48
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default What to do with all that paper

I just saw a video on YouTube (a quick search will turn up several different ones) the other day about making beads from paper. It looks pretty simple and the possibilities are endless, you can use any kind of paper, even newspaper, magazines, just about anything other than really thin stuff like tissue paper.

And on another note, I saw an article on Yahoo today called "The craziest thing I did to save money". One of the suggestions is called "Dumpster diving in cemeteries", and says:

"A few years ago, I was into crafting artificial flowers. A neat way to save money on my hobby materials was to go Dumpster-diving at cemeteries to pick up artificial flowers and miscellaneous decorations left behind. I would go into the cemeteries, take what was thrown out in the Dumpster and use the items instead for my crafting!"

I don't even know what I think about that. I'll admit to a little curbside scavenging for furniture to repurpose, but cemetery dumpster-diving might be where I draw the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I like crafts and generally I do not have the time, however now it seems I have an overabundance of it available to me. I like doing various things, and while I am probably not as crafty as some and it may not always look good, I enjoy it.

Some of the stuff I am in to is...

Bead Sprites, taking the meltable beads such as perler, or hama beads and creating designs with them then melting them together. Generally I do video game characters, for example I have sonic sitting on my desk, and I made an awesome looking Eeyore for my girl.

Crocheting, I tried doing this, and I have some stuff started, basic scarves really, but this one is hard for me to do it seems like and requires more patience then other things.

I have a lot of random craft supplies, TONS of paper that I had purchased with the intent to scrapbook that I really should do something with. I am always wanting to try new stuff or learn something new. I just love creating stuff with my hands really.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #49
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
I love to crochet....I am just not very good at it and my edges aren't even either. I too am working on my first... well, it started out as an afghan, umm... it has morphed into a bedspread... that is thought would be full size... but not....by the time I get done, it probably would fit a king size bed! It is a really funny thing!

If you can make a granny square, you can make ANYthing! My last blanket was a BIG granny square!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #50
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
If you can make a granny square, you can make ANYthing! My last blanket was a BIG granny square!
LOL! Yes, it is the only knot I know..I made a LOOOONNNGGGG chain and used that one knot, which I don't even know what it is called and go back and forth... It takes me about 45 minutes to finish 1 row! I will have to send you a picture!

Last edited by OS Butch; 12-30-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #51
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
LOL! Yes, it is the only knot I know..I made a LOOOONNNGGGG chain and used that one knot, which I don't even know what it is called and go back and forth... It takes me about 45 minutes to finish 1 row! I will have to send you a picture!
yes do that! I can't get my edges straight on the kind you are doing. Granny square is the same all around, you go around and around adding rows and colors however you please, Edges are always exactly even.

There is a lady on FB who does wonderful Tutorials for making anything, do you want the page? I can send it on FB if you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #52
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am all down for some dumpster diving, I once met a couple diving in dumpsters at an apartment I was living in, and they told me they managed to make enough money off the stuff they collected, to pay for a new car in cash!

I just can never get anyone to go dumpster diving with me, its very disappointing and not as fun alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious View Post
I just saw a video on YouTube (a quick search will turn up several different ones) the other day about making beads from paper. It looks pretty simple and the possibilities are endless, you can use any kind of paper, even newspaper, magazines, just about anything other than really thin stuff like tissue paper.

And on another note, I saw an article on Yahoo today called "The craziest thing I did to save money". One of the suggestions is called "Dumpster diving in cemeteries", and says:

"A few years ago, I was into crafting artificial flowers. A neat way to save money on my hobby materials was to go Dumpster-diving at cemeteries to pick up artificial flowers and miscellaneous decorations left behind. I would go into the cemeteries, take what was thrown out in the Dumpster and use the items instead for my crafting!"

I don't even know what I think about that. I'll admit to a little curbside scavenging for furniture to repurpose, but cemetery dumpster-diving might be where I draw the line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #53
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
yes do that! I can't get my edges straight on the kind you are doing. Granny square is the same all around, you go around and around adding rows and colors however you please, Edges are always exactly even.

There is a lady on FB who does wonderful Tutorials for making anything, do you want the page? I can send it on FB if you do.
Sure, send it to me. I will post a picture on FB, you will get a great laugh. I have been working on this one thing for years. Too hot in the summer, so I only work on it in the winter, Keeps me warm while I am working on it!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Sure, send it to me. I will post a picture on FB, you will get a great laugh. I have been working on this one thing for years. Too hot in the summer, so I only work on it in the winter, Keeps me warm while I am working on it!
Me too, crochet in winter, paint stuff in summer!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #55
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Just went through my bookmarks and there is another two sites where you can find some fun stuff too...

http://www.instructables.com/
http://www.deviantart.com

The DeviantArt one has a tutorial section for crafts that if you browse through you can find some interesting stuff.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #56
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

LOVE deviantart.com!

I love to dumpster dive. Shamelessly. I used to dig around in the bins behind Bed,Bath, and Beyond because they threw away sheets and curtains like crazy. They eventually started slashing and destroying everything but I bet there are still plenty of places that dont.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 02:25 AM   #57
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/20...ped_rings.html

a sequin wrapped ball ring!!!
I just might whip up one or two for New Years Eve!!!!!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #58
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
I am all down for some dumpster diving, I once met a couple diving in dumpsters at an apartment I was living in, and they told me they managed to make enough money off the stuff they collected, to pay for a new car in cash!

I just can never get anyone to go dumpster diving with me, its very disappointing and not as fun alone!
No kidding enough money to pay for a new car in cash. What were they picking out of the dumpsters, credit card information and personal information for identity theft? Just kidding.

Seriously though I'm all for dumpster diving. But to me CEMETERY dumpster diving is just a different animal altogether. Creeps me out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

To me, cemeteries are peaceful. It's the morons that frequent them and try to stir something up that irritate me.

Dumpster diving can be very profitable in many areas....groceries, furniture, boxes, crafty and/or "found" stuff, and so much more. Most of the time, people just throw stuff away instead of trying to fix it or trying to separate the true trash parts from the useable parts. It's the result of an immediate gratification society.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #60
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
To me, cemeteries are peaceful. It's the morons that frequent them and try to stir something up that irritate me.

Dumpster diving can be very profitable in many areas....groceries, furniture, boxes, crafty and/or "found" stuff, and so much more. Most of the time, people just throw stuff away instead of trying to fix it or trying to separate the true trash parts from the useable parts. It's the result of an immediate gratification society.
Yes, cemeteries are quite peaceful. I like them just fine. And dumpster diving is great, profitable and lots of fun. I just don't like the idea of rummaging around in dumpsters at cemeteries or even funeral homes for that matter.

But I find cemeteries peaceful and dumpster diving fun and profitable. I just don't want to put them together. It's probably a personal preference.

Let me reiterate because perhaps I'm not being clear. Cemeteries peaceful, dumpster diving fun and profitable. Dumpster diving in cemeteries not for me.

Yes, I've been known to assault deceased equines in my quest for clarity.

I am a clarity freak.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: