Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #61
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Yes, cemeteries are quite peaceful. I like them just fine. And dumpster diving is great, profitable and lots of fun. I just don't like the idea of rummaging around in dumpsters at cemeteries or even funeral homes for that matter.

But I find cemeteries peaceful and dumpster diving fun and profitable. I just don't want to put them together. It's probably a personal preference.

Let me reiterate because perhaps I'm not being clear. Cemeteries peaceful, dumpster diving fun and profitable. Dumpster diving in cemeteries not for me.

Yes, I've been known to assault deceased equines in my quest for clarity.

I am a clarity freak.
So, let me make sure I understand you.....you like to dumpster dive in cemeteries?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #62
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
So, let me make sure I understand you.....you like to dumpster dive in cemeteries?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #63
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So I have this wine cork sitting here in front of me on my desk. I picked it up at the beach the other day. While sitting here staring at it, I was trying to think of what to do with it. Then of course I decided I need more. So I asked my girlfriend to go to Whole Foods and take home as many wine corks as she can for me. Then I will see what comes of them!
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #64
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So I have this wine cork sitting here in front of me on my desk. I picked it up at the beach the other day. While sitting here staring at it, I was trying to think of what to do with it. Then of course I decided I need more. So I asked my girlfriend to go to Whole Foods and take home as many wine corks as she can for me. Then I will see what comes of them!
These are fantastic AND made with Wine Corks!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #65
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

This is probably a strange request but doesn anyone here have a good resource for cheap religious figurines? Plastic Jesus, plastic Buddha, etc.?

I've checked Oriental Trading and a few other spots and am coming up short
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #66
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Oddly enough have you tried local Dollar Stores and 99 Cent Stores? I have found those to usually have some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
This is probably a strange request but doesn anyone here have a good resource for cheap religious figurines? Plastic Jesus, plastic Buddha, etc.?

Old 01-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #67
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

What size figurines are you looking for and how many of them?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #68
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

we have a funky little toy store here in tucson called YIKES and they have both of those things. let me see if i can dig up a link...or if they even have a website,
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #69
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I made these burlap pillows for my son. I found the coffee bags next to Stumptown Coffee roasters here in Portland, for FREE! They are so interesting. I gave a bunch of the bags to my co-workers as well.

Pillows like this sell on Etsy for $35-$65. I doubt I have the fortitude to start an Etsy shop, but I will definitely be making more.

>Gallery Link to Pic<
I love them, they are brilliant!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #70
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Check Accoutements the wholesale division of Archie McFee's in Seattle for Jesus stuff. They will sell to the public, you just have to buy a case. I have gotten things for clients here before.

WOW! I love those "burpils", June...clever idea.....thanks for sharing the pics...BTW...Clay
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #71
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I made these burlap pillows for my son. I found the coffee bags next to Stumptown Coffee roasters here in Portland, for FREE! They are so interesting. I gave a bunch of the bags to my co-workers as well.

Pillows like this sell on Etsy for $35-$65. I doubt I have the fortitude to start an Etsy shop, but I will definitely be making more.

>Gallery Link to Pic<

Doing Etsy is easy! DO IT!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #72
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Try your local Dollar or 99 cents store. Ours has all kinds of gaudy religious icons Oh chit!! I hadn't read all the postings before I put this and I went on to read and Logicaly had the same idea LOL. My bad.

Quote:

SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #73
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hey June, put a strap on one of those bad boys and make a tote bag out of it, and I would buy one in a minute

Quote:

>Gallery Link to Pic<
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #74
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

I was asked to make this Lavender Sachet for a colleague’s daughter who has just come out.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #75
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
That is really lovely. Did you free-hand the shape?
Yes, taking inspiration from other womanly designs and a Maori fertility symbol.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #76
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow my besties and I are having a craft party We will be making kind of a collage of things to inspire us to stick to our new years resolutions! Ill post pics
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #77
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I recently purchased some knitting looms. Both styles round and rectangle ones. Not sure how to use them yet but I found a great web site called http://www.loomroom.com/ they have some really cool patterns. I am looking forward to using them and making hats for the homeless and NICU/newborns...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #78
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely LOVE some of the ideas here! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

I got together with a friend yesterday evening and decided to use up some scraps. My vanity corner (consisting of a large mirror, makeup stand and chair by my closet) was missing a bit of razzle dazzle, so I used some leftover upholstery canvas, some strong cotton (quadrupled) thread, a curved needle (inherited among multiple notions from my grandma) and some big red buttons (they're a little crooked... I'm not used to curved needles!) to make this cushion for my chair:

Oh, the stuffing? Plastic grocery bags. I had so many that I just wondered... and it worked! They compacted beautifully and there's just a hint of rustle when I sit down.

There. Completely recycled and jazzing up my bedroom!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #79
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

http://craftgawker.com/

such an awesome place for inspiration!!!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #80
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:

Great, another site for me to be addicted to.

I am leaning more and more towards trying out quilling, some of the things I see people make is beautiful.