Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Summer BBQ Ideas!!!!

Ok it's almost summer and here at the farm we have lots of cook outs. I wanted to start a thread about drinks and food that is great for a get together.

I'll start...

I got these Popsicle makers. I've been putting juice in them but wouldn't it be fun to make frozen party pops with tequila and rum, fruit and???

I once had an Indiana Jones Party where we all had to dress like the movie but i had a basket of little water guns with 151 rum in them. You squirt it in to your mouth or others.

But this is not limited to booze. Fun food, drinks, games. Let's plan some parties!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Warning this is not diet food! Heart stopping Turtle Burgers! Cute

http://thechive.com/2010/02/15/bacon...rtle-burger-2/
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Beer can chicken
Jello shooters with or without booze in them
Love grilled fresh veggies

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Fruit-kebabs!

Fancy flavored water: sprigs of fresh rosemary & lime or strawberry & fresh mint.

I like spicy peanut Thai wraps. Rachel Ray has a great recipe for them. Super easy to make and yummy!

Chicken Satay skewers

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Beer can chicken
Jello shooters with or without booze in them
Love grilled fresh veggies
while its alive.

Oh yum! Love beer can chicken! I bought a grilling basket from sam's club and i just love it! I throw all kinds of veggies and herbs then toss them around and serve with crumbled goat cheese. I have goats now and plan on making my own.

One of the things i love doing when my garden is in full bloom is plugging my rice pot outside, making rice and then having everyone go pick their own veggies. Then I put my big iron wok on a hot fire, it almost turns red! and stir frying right there. I also have breading and a drench with a big pot of oil for frying. This i have to put on a gas grill tho to keep the temp steady for frying

It's amazing to go hunt and pick what you want to eat and cooking it
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I love chopped salads. All kinds of veggies chopped up small with herbs, balsamic and EVVO and some feta.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

LOVE GRILLING/BBQ'ING!! gonna share my secret recipe with ya!!

I absolutely love pork that is cooked on the grill. I have tried many recipes from both cook books and different web sites. After looking at a TON of recipes, I came up with this one by taking a little from one and a little from another. It took about 8 times but I finally came up with a combination that gets "Rave Reviews" every time I serve it.

SKEETER'S GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
serves 4-6 people

MIX TOGETHER:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
7 oz bottle oyster sauce (available at Krogers in the "Asian" section)
4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 ancho chili cut up in to small strips (or more or less to personal taste)
1 teaspoon of good quality cinnamon
the juice of two fresh limes
the zest of one of the limes

*see note at bottom*

Wash tenderloin off and pat it dry. Arrange in a large zip lock bag. In a bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour marinade over pork. Turn pork to coat well. Chill pork, covered, turning it once or twice, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.

Prepare grill. I prefer to use coals vs. gas. I just like the taste better. But if using gas, I used the grill set at medium.

Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade, and arrange on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals. (about med. hot coals). Grill pork turning it every 3 minutes, until a thermometer diagonally inserted 2 inches into center of tenderloin registers 155°-160°F. This takes 20-30 minutes.

Let pork stand 10 minutes (covered loosely in foil) before thinly slicing.

Serve with dipping sauce (below)

*note*. Add about 1 1/2 cup of apple juice or water to marinade, reduce for a dipping sauce. I put the sauce on the stove at low-medium heat, letting it go to a slow boil for the whole time the tenderloin is grilling. Sometimes, I finish it off with 1-2 tablespoons of cold butter.

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Basted & Grilled Corn on the Cob

My fave way to prepare & eat corn on the cob:

1. Precook husked and rinsed corn (cover corn with damp paper towels and cook approx 3 minutes in microwave).
2. Baste several times with *special* basting sauce on grill 'til done.

SPECIAL BASTING SAUCE

Butter
Lime Juice
Chipotle Sauce*
Pinch of Salt
*Experiment with the degree of spicy that suits your palate.

(I think this recipe idea is from Gourmet magazine, I did not originate it).

Yummy!!!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I want one of these, makes grilling chicken legs easier.

http://www.nordicware.com/store/prod...8-005056A42C5A

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Some tasty chicken dishes..

Margarita chicken~a light dish flavored w/limes, chile, and a splash of tequila (cooks off).

Tuscan-style grilled chicken kebobs~w/lemon, rosemary, garlic and oregano. Served w/brown rice studded w/sun-dried tomatoes.

Hawaiian huli huli chicken~Soy sauce, ketchup, d. brown sugar, milk, pineapple puree, garlic cloves, minced ginger root, and rice wine vinegar.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

My summer barbeques always include LOTS of alcohol. Although, I really don't like beer, I always have at least one beer cocktail on hand. The one that I personally enjoy is called a snake bite...black and tan (guiness) and some other sort of beer mixed with hard cider..which is delicious, another favorite being hard cider with a bit of fire ball whiskey in it...tastes like apple pie!

Last summer however we discovered our new tasty drink that is super easy and yummy..

Strawberry Beer Lemonade

2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup fresh squeeszed lemon juice

1 large bottle blonde or pale ale (1 pint, 6 oz)

Ice

Add the berries, sugar and lemon juice to a pitcher. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes for the sugar to dissolve and the berries to begin to break down. Add the beer and ice and stir to combine. Adjust the lemon and sugar to your taste.

SERIOUSLY delicious, try it!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Warning this is not diet food! Heart stopping Turtle Burgers! Cute

http://thechive.com/2010/02/15/bacon...rtle-burger-2/
I'll have one of those, please. Anything wrapped in bacon *drool*
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

This is CRAZY good on chicken! Come to think of it, it would probably be good on pork too!

LIME GLAZE FOR GRILLED CHICKEN

1 can of limeaide
1/4 c. of lite soy sauce
1/4 c. of worstershire
1 stick of butter
1/4 onion sliced
couple dashes hot sauce

Place everything into a pot, bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the sauce reduces by about half, brush grilling chicken when it's almost done. Use on both sides of the chicken.

**(do NOT put the chicken in the pot!!).

skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
My fave way to prepare & eat corn on the cob:

1. Precook husked and rinsed corn (cover corn with damp paper towels and cook approx 3 minutes in microwave).
2. Baste several times with *special* basting sauce on grill 'til done.

SPECIAL BASTING SAUCE

Butter
Lime Juice
Chipotle Sauce*
Pinch of Salt
*Experiment with the degree of spicy that suits your palate.

(I think this recipe idea is from Gourmet magazine, I did not originate it).

Yummy!!!
Try this... sounds strange but its out of bounds..

put mayo on corn on the cob, salt, pepper, paprika, Parmesan cheese. Wrap in foil and cook on grill. Some people like a little lime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

There are a lot of people of Ukrainian descent in my neck of the woods (including me) so for one barbecue I made Uke-kabobs:

Piece of garlic sausage
Piece of green pepper
Perogy
Piece of green pepper
Repeat over entire skewer

I pre-cooked everything so it just warmed up on the grill... they were more of a joke than anything, but delicious, too!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Try this... sounds strange but its out of bounds..

put mayo on corn on the cob, salt, pepper, paprika, Parmesan cheese. Wrap in foil and cook on grill. Some people like a little lime.

It's not strange to me. It's how the street vendors in Chicago sell it...yum

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #18
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

next purchase

works great
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #19
Nurse Darlin

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-agressive at times
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/babygirl
Relationship Status:
Never been more in love with my Sugarbear!

Nurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST ReputationNurse Darlin Has the BEST Reputation

ThIs all is making me so hungry! I definitely love me some grilled veggies...squash, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower. All wrapped in a foil pouch with minced garlic and butter. Salt and pepper to taste! Yummy!!
and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- Marilyn Monroe
Nurse Darlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nurse Darlin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #20
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Home made pizza on the grill!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: