Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #21
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sure I wont get to watch much of the Games even though Winter Olympics are my fav.

Our best friend (and my M-F Richmond roomie) is headed to Canada on Feb 10th to attend with her sister. This is their second Olympics trip with China being the first.

Color me envious.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #22
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think Curling is campy....there needs to be a t~shirt!

I also love:

*Downhill
*Whatever they call that ski jump thing (I find myself leaning forward with them! Does anybody do that, too?)
*Ice skating (but I agree somewhat with MsD...though not totally or she'll get all smug and chit)
*Some snowboarding (because I like that wild redheaded boy)
*Speed~skating (I make the turns with 'em....and I like that Ohno, kid, just for his name...OH NO!!!! )

I do not get cross~country skiing with the rifle and whatever....do folks go hunting on skis?

16 DAYS!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #23
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
*Downhill *Whatever they call that ski jump thing (I find myself leaning forward with them! Does anybody do that, too?)
EVERYBODY does that, they just won't all admit it
Quote:
*Ice skating (but I agree somewhat with MsD...though not totally or she'll get all smug and chit)
Too late!

Quote:
I do not get cross~country skiing with the rifle and whatever....do folks go hunting on skis?
Thanks for reminding me that there are a couple of things that I don't like about the O's. I don't like the murder practice sports. I'm guessing that folks do hunt on skis because folks gotta eat in the winter. Back before the invention of grocery stores, I'm guessing this is how they caught food. Now, it's just disturbing (don't anyone bother blasting me for not liking murder practice sports, I'm the only one in my family who's not an NRA member, so I've heard it all before).
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #24
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
EVERYBODY does that, they just won't all admit it

Too late!

Thanks for reminding me that there are a couple of things that I don't like about the O's. I don't like the murder practice sports. I'm guessing that folks do hunt on skis because folks gotta eat in the winter. Back before the invention of grocery stores, I'm guessing this is how they caught food. Now, it's just disturbing (don't anyone bother blasting me for not liking murder practice sports, I'm the only one in my family who's not an NRA member, so I've heard it all before).

I *cough* agree *cough~cough* with You, MsD....

I do not like the murder sports.....of course, Jack might come in here and tell us that we might HAVE to kill a squirrel when the big bomb splatters us.

BUT I'M NOT GONNA DO IT ON SKIS, dammit!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #25
ButchBowWow

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, she and all those in between. Makes no difference to me.
Relationship Status:
In love with me, does that count?

ButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST ReputationButchBowWow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think Curling is campy....there needs to be a t~shirt!

I also love:

*Whatever they call that ski jump thing (I find myself leaning forward with them! Does anybody do that, too?)
Doesn't everyone?

Quote:

*Some snowboarding (because I like that wild redheaded boy)
Shaun White and he's pretty good with a skateboard too.

Quote:
I forgot about this one, probably because I don't ever watch it. My brother would probably hunt on skis, if it were necessary.

"It"s called the American dream because you have to be sleeping to believe it." - George Carlin
ButchBowWow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I love all the stories of all the athletes, from all of the countries, not just the USA....some of them bring a tear to my eye. Like that new Visa commercial with Dan Jansen. Have you seen it? OMG, the first time I saw it, I got choked up.

I also love the fact that these are people that compete their whole lives for something that might just be a one time thing. A chance to win a medal for their country...not a multi million dollar paycheck so they can buy the biggest house on the block and 9 cars, but for the chance to be a hero to their counrty.

I am really looking forward to it all!
Yanno, reading your post, there were two images that came to mind. One, Kerry Strug. That girl did GOOD and only on one leg! Two, the 1980 US Hockey team. Absolutely fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I'm sure I wont get to watch much of the Games even though Winter Olympics are my fav.

Our best friend (and my M-F Richmond roomie) is headed to Canada on Feb 10th to attend with her sister. This is their second Olympics trip with China being the first.

Color me envious.
One of my bosses still has ties to his old job, which just so happens to be one of the events coordinating companies for the Olympics. Yeah, he gets to go to them. ALL of them. Color me all shades of green.

Quote:
I *cough* agree *cough~cough* with You, MsD....

I do not like the murder sports.....of course, Jack might come in here and tell us that we might HAVE to kill a squirrel when the big bomb splatters us.

BUT I'M NOT GONNA DO IT ON SKIS, dammit!
I know how to skin and cook a squirrel, but it's not something I like to practice.

*spew*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #27
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Do You find Yourself leaning into the curve with them when they round it? <giggle> I do!!!
Yes...and tilting with Apollo Onoooooooooooooooo.

Curling with the rock.....and snowboarding with the "girls" doin their thing, and ...and ...anything and everything to do with SPORTS
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #28
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Giver that I am......here is the schedule for the 2010 Winter O's.......

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #29
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchBowWow View Post

I forgot about this one, probably because I don't ever watch it. My brother would probably hunt on skis, if it were necessary.

I guess if I HAD to, I could hunt WITH a ski.....that thing would pack (yes I said 'pack') a powerful wallop!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #30
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

~12 Days~

Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #31
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

The PNW has been having unseasonable warm temperatures. It could have an impact as they may have to make snow for some of the events. Not the best year for it to be warm up here.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #32
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Should be done as demonstration sport

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #33
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Can they move the skiing and outdoor events to somewhere else close-by where it is colder? Whoever said there wasn't global warming this is just one more example of it.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #34
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Is it time? is it time? is it time? when? when? when?

I am getting so excited!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

G,

The Super Bowl is on Sat. Feb. 7th on CBS and starts about 6:30pm.

The Olympics - The Opening Ceremony is on Friday Feb. 12th. I am not sure of the times or dates of what sports are on what days. Once I do, I will post them for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:

Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
G,

The Super Bowl is on Sat. Feb. 7th on CBS and starts about 6:30pm.

The Olympics - The Opening Ceremony is on Friday Feb. 12th. I am not sure of the times or dates of what sports are on what days. Once I do, I will post them for you.
Thanks Andrew! I am not a fan of any teams in the Superbowl, wanted both to lose in the playoffs, so I am only going to the superbowl parties on sunday for the free food!

Let me know about the olympics for sure!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #37
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Thanks Andrew! I am not a fan of any teams in the Superbowl, wanted both to lose in the playoffs, so I am only going to the superbowl parties on sunday for the free food!

Let me know about the olympics for sure!
What..? What about the commercials?
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #38
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

we bought all our decorations today. black and gold, mardi gras beads, can you guess who we are rooting for?
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #39
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile Vancouver - 4 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes

I just saw the USA's uniform. It was designed by Ralph Lauren. It is a navy jacket with a red stripe on the arm, and pockets, and the pony/rider on the breast area; White Turtleneck Shirt and White Pants, and an alpine ski hat that has moose, flags, & evergreens all over it. The only thing I didn't catch is the shoes and gloves. I guess white snow boots or shoes of some sort. And navy gloves. It looks really sharp. It was on one of the sports channels.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #40
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
What..? What about the commercials?
Well, I saw like 2 minutes of the game, and one Doritos commercial, then started up another DVD. Had no interest in the SB. Didn't even go for the free food. Didn't want to hear "who dat" all night long....it annoys the shit out of me!

I am so ready for the olympics to start!! USA USA USA!!!!