Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default School Supplies -- Serious and Kitchy

A couple of people on another thread mentioned they have office/school supplies fetishes. I have friends who do, but *I* am above all that. *cough*

Anyway, this was my favorite school related item ever --

I was so excited when I heard that my new position did not require me to post assignments and grades online because I could revert to using an actual gradebook. I don't really love them, but I love buying them. However it turns out there's a FORM, that we use to turn grades in on a weekly basis. Drat.

No point in buying a lesson planner because I don't teach like that. *Foiled*

I did get to buy one of these though, which was fun. Mine is a little smaller, and much cuter.

So what is your relationship to office and school supplies? Tell us about some of your favorites. Reveal your unsavory preferences. Tell all.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i have a SERIOUS office supply fetish...

and Sharpies??? SWOOOooOOoonnnn

also, i am a pen thief!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

I just bought a case of notebooks at wal-mart because they were 17 cents each. I still have notebooks from last year.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Wal Mart has notebooks for 17 cents? Oh man I DONT want to go there!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my last lunch bucket was a red patent leather one, with a woman in a mini skirt and white boots. I would give ANYTHING (almost) to have that again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Organized!

See... You need the lunch box to put all of the sharpies in...

I have a fascination with the InPlace folder system you can get at Office Max. There are these heavyduty plastic folders in the four different colors of the system bundle they sellf, so I have different colors for each class I am currently taking.

I will go to any office supply store and spend about an hour in the pen & pencils section. I love a quality writing instrument, and carry around 2-3 pens all the time.

My prized office supply item is my baby blue Swingline 747 stapler. I totally understand the weird dude in the movie "Office Space" when he gets protective of his stapler. I have had mine for over 20 years.
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I do love sharpies... fine point sharpies in rainbow colors. Ya I keep mine in wide mouth pint canning jars (another love of mine) on my desk. sigh... I love sharpies.

I love, love, love sharp pencils. My favorite brand...ticonderoga. Oh yah!

Which of course means a quiet pencil sharpener is needed for my daily moment of zen...
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

And who could resist the Tickles Tapeworm pencil case by Parasite Pals? I gave this as a gift years ago, and regret not getting one for myself:

I can't recall now, but I think this is on the back. Who knew you could write a bio for a tapeworm that reads like a page from Tiger Beat:

Old 08-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhhhhhhh i love office/school supplies!!!!

My fav store in the whole world is office max. I could shop in there for days. I love pens and notebooks. My fav pens are pentel. The tall ones are so cool. They flow so smoothly.

Another thing i love is calendars and notebooks. I have a really cool notebook i keep my mileage in and it's so pretty and retro huge pink flowers and it's covered in plastic inside and out. I have a bunch of calendars as well, small to large.

I honestly think i would rather shop at Office Max than i would a shoe store. That's HUGE coming from me.

Oh and of course, sharpies. I have tons of them. Love. Love.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I associate sharpies with being drawn on and with students who swipe them in order to tag things. I have more often used them for practical purposes, but these associations are stronger. So I can't say that I love them.

Now, colored pencils, those I love.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Daktari

Talking

I haz serious fountain pen and good paper habit.

Sadly the old school desk and chair had to go...many moons ago and I haven't replaced them.

The College (est. 2003. Our founder Mr.Daktari OBE himself is rather the fountain pen enthusiast and collector) expects all students to use a fountain pen. Girls and boys must be very conscious of their hand-writing during spelling tests and assignments, sloppy work will not be tolerated. A regulation school fountain pen (either a Lamy Nexx or Pelikano dependent upon a number of variables.) will be issued and is expected to be kept in good writing condition. All students must provide their own notebooks. *note to parents: Aurora or Rhodia exercise books please.

Uniform must be worn at all times. Skirt lengths will be checked without warning. Boys caps must be folded carefully and placed in (your own) blazer pocket. Ties must be fastened correctly at all times.

The College will not tolerate bad behaviour from our young ladies and gentlemen and has a strict policy of corporal punishment. In line with current guidelines the student/punishee will be provided with a clean leather strop to bite on during administration. Any noise from the student will result in loss of play-time and sweets/candy privileges. Lesser infractions, ie. sloppy handwriting, will be dealt with immediately by the form tutor with a swift ruler either across the the knuckles or backs of the legs.

NB. Post admonishment Butt Butt'r can be provided and applied by Matron...there will be a small charge for this service.

You did say serious or kinky didn't you?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Staples has these for .10.

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Staples has these for .10.

<faints>
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default Red SHarpie Kink

Mr Grey's desk in The Secretary, one of my FAVORITE movies!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
Daktari

Any other fountain pen enthusiasts? What nibs do you prefer? Do you have a favourite fp? Are there any fps you aspire to?

What about ink? Favourite colours for different occasions or one colour across the board? Favourite ink brand? I'm trying to find the 'perfect' dark green and imperial purple for my taste. Currently the Lamy turquoise is a favoured colour but I don't like the slight pooling that causes darker areas in the script.

Currently I really enjoy using a (ebay bargain: brand new and less than half price) Scheaffer Urban, ebony lacquer/chrome trim with a M, thankfully it doesn't write too thick for me...I usually prefer a F nib dependent upon brand and pen. There's also a vintage Paper Mate, slim line fp with gold accoutrement, tortoiseshell pattern metal barrel and lid, that is an absolute joy to use and is filled with good old Quink blue/black.

The current favourite, every day, throwing in my rucksack pen, is a Lamy Nexx (pink lid) with F black nib.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

I think this falls within the realm of kitsch and/or whimsy...

Saw a similar one years ago with an image that flipped between Jesus and the words "Jesus Rules".
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

[URL=http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/?src=navhome[/URL]

Fountain Pen Hospital, NYC

(Field trip?)
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
[URL=http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/?src=navhome[/URL]

Fountain Pen Hospital, NYC

(Field trip?)
I wish!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #20
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

I know Venus007 is a fountain pen lover and can talk nibs and stuff. Hopefully she'll post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: