Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default animals and the insane people who take care of them

Somehow I went to sleep and woke up in the frozen tundra. The first thing I do is get dressed and run out to said frozen tundra so that my dogs can get outside and do their thing in 2 feet of snow.

run next door well walk as fast as I could in snow LOL Dig out an emergency route to the road for my 88 yr old friend next door.

then come back in, warm up, go out and make the puppy play area bigger.
while they are out with me digging in the snow, making snow puppies and are just having the best old time.

While I,covered in snow, am doing all the hard work and not even my own driveway yet.

Now of course its dinner time for them. heat up some stew, pour over kibble, mix and put down for the king and queen. Let them back out for another blast in the snow. dry them off and as they happily fall asleep on their beds.

I still have the freaking driveway to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats wrong with this picture????????

LOL

wolfwalker
wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
Somehow I went to sleep and woke up in the frozen tundra. The first thing I do is get dressed and run out to said frozen tundra so that my dogs can get outside and do their thing in 2 feet of snow.

run next door well walk as fast as I could in snow LOL Dig out an emergency route to the road for my 88 yr old friend next door.

then come back in, warm up, go out and make the puppy play area bigger.
while they are out with me digging in the snow, making snow puppies and are just having the best old time.

While I,covered in snow, am doing all the hard work and not even my own driveway yet.

Now of course its dinner time for them. heat up some stew, pour over kibble, mix and put down for the king and queen. Let them back out for another blast in the snow. dry them off and as they happily fall asleep on their beds.

I still have the freaking driveway to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats wrong with this picture????????

LOL

wolfwalker
The picture I see is one of good old human kindness and even though you're a cranky old man, you still have love in that tattered heart of yours.

My neighbor - who I often think of as super-creepy, not only shoveled the entire walk from our house to where the cars are parked, he also cleaned off my car. (now ask if I feel some shame of thing of thinking of him as creepy - the answer is no - he's still creepy - but I think I'm misjudging him.)

Jack has a brand new sweater that he loves now and I dug out a spot for him to *go* on the grass - because he's a big sissy when it comes to getting his paws wet. (strangely, he still loves to run in the snow though. lol)

Nothing wrong with the picture - thanks for coloring it in for me.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

wolfwalker--seems perfectly normal to me! Good for you for caring so much for those that give to you so unconditionally!
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

That's normal when it comes to pets

I am an indentured servant to my gliders, so don't feel bad
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotAnAverageGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

We went to see Santa today. This involves a half hour drive of screeching"singing",yodeling and howling out how excited they are. They love to go for drives. I hate to drive them. But the picture and laughs... Captive Santa getting kisses from both at once.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
That's normal when it comes to pets

I am an indentured servant to my gliders, so don't feel bad
I'm picturing them flying little confederate
flags on their cage in your honor!
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

HAHAHA Hudson, their next cage set is rebel flags and camoflauge

indentured servants is a joke between members of the sugar glider community, I am not sure who came up with it
Old 12-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
HAHAHA Hudson, their next cage set is rebel flags and camoflauge

indentured servants is a joke between members of the sugar glider community, I am not sure who came up with it

the irony here is not lost on me, trust.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
the irony here is not lost on me, trust.
I am fully aware
Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Something strange happened last night during the snowstorm/blizzard. About 4am our front doorbell rang. It woke me up immediately, and Mr. Martini was yapping. I went downstairs only to find a lab at the door. No cars were out. I didn't see footprints, but then again, my eyes are not the best.

So, I brought the dog inside. Rosie was like...omg. I told her I couldn't let the dog freeze to death outside. I gave the dog food, water, and several warm blankets. Within a half an hour, the dog was sound asleep in front of a room heater.

Then this morning, we went outside, including this lab, and a family came around calling a name and it was the lab's. I told the family what happened. They told me that the dog was in the garage with the kids looking for sleds. The next thing they realized, the dog wandered off.

I am just happy that the family has their pet back, and no more tears from the faces of the little children. I still wonder who rang our doorbell.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

We have 14 cats that think they own us. At night when we go to bed, they all take or should I say hog our king size bed. R and I learned to adapt to where they sleep instead of the other way around. The cats certainly don't care if we're comfy as long as they are. In fact, I have one that will bite my feet in the middle of the night if I nudge her when I stretch because I woke her up. Granted, all 14 aren't always up there at the same time, but I've counted as many as 10. R and I realize, they have us trained, lol.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

The dog and cats all have their photo taken with Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the list just goes on and on.

When it rains or snows, Dino has a raincoat/winter coat, no booties. He hates booties. But he will go out on the front porch (under the overhang) and stand there. No movement of anykind. None. It is like he a marble statue.

As for the bed, Dino is the bed hog. And the 3 cats, they are on and off all night long. I have so many pet beds, but I have no clue as to why. The babies are just glued to me at my hip. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I am a lucky Dad.

And what is a tree without one of the cats laying inside of it sleeping
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
R and I realize, they have us trained, lol.
Cats always have us trained. It is why they are Superior Beings, and we are mere two-legged servants.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Is is bad that Dino Martini has his own car seat, and a stroller?
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've had lovers tell me that if they came back in another life they would want to come back as one of my dogs.

I think that if you have animals you should give them the best life you can. There are days when I just want to break down and cry, so much work with all the animals I take care of and then there are days when I'm lying in bed, three cats snuggled up, a few dogs and everything is good. My animals make me laugh and they give me so much love. I care for them the way I do because I love them and want them to be happy and healthy.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I used to have a cat that would go for car rides with me every Sunday. From the time he was a kitten, he and I would take an hour long drive to a friends house. I held him in my arms as I drove and he just laid there looking out the window. As he got older, it was harder to hold him constantly. so he could look out the window because he grew to be 20 plus pounds. When I stopped taking those rides on Sunday, he'd sit at the door and plead with me to take him anywhere. There were days, I'd give in and take him for a ride through the neighborhood and then bring him home. I never had a cat that was so darn easy to please without any drama.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #17
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Is is bad that Dino Martini has his own car seat, and a stroller?

Nope, it's no different than spoiling a child. If you don't have any children, why not give Dino the best of the best. After all, they give us so much in return.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #18
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

I know that I would be so lonely and alone without Dino and my 3 cats. They have me wrapped around their paws. I just love them so much. You are right WolfyOne.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #19
wolfwalker

How Do You Identify?:
human

wolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to beholdwolfwalker is a splendid one to behold
Default Rules of the house

The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food.. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people..
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't smoke or drink,
(7) don't want to wear your clothes,
(8) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(9) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(10) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children...

wolfwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wolfwalker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #20
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

slightly insane love-wise, for the two little guinea pigs with whom i live-
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: