Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #61
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Have you tried Tiger Sauce? Made by the same company as Tabasco. I really like the flavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Hi Mtn thank for joining us!

Seems like a lot of people are looking for healthy and delicious ideas for meals so please bring those ideas. Mushrooms make a really nice flavor and texture delivery to any meal. Broiling sounds like a great idea. Grilling is always my first choice but I cant always do that. Amazing how some good cheese can kick up a dish yes?

That and hot sauces. Hot sauce freak here. A bottle of Tabasco does not even last me a week these days. I need to buy it by the quart I guess. lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #62
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes it sure is. I always look forward to fall root vegetables especially for soup.
Been developing a sweet potato soup that still needs some work.
Also a big fan of squash particularly butternut and acorn.

Though I do not identify as vegetarian I maintain a mostly plant based diet and eat seafood regularly. Leafy greens such as chard, collards, spinach, bok choy are favorites. Also love cabbage. Kimi Chi and rice..could eat it every day.
kimchi ... brings back memories - fresh kimchi or shin kimchi? And which of the 100 varieties of kimchi are you referring to? One of my favourites ...

http://asiansupper.com/recipe/chongg...achelor-kimchi

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #63
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
Yum..

What a wonderful thread. I, too, love to cook, try new things, mix up new ingredients, try new gadgets. First, let me say, I love my kitchen! I've been stuck in apt size kitchens way too long. New house, wonderful kitchen. Best part...the kitchen island. Love love the space!

This morning I cut up 3 different types of apples, added some butter, sugar, cinnamon and the last of the dried cranberries ( the new raisin, lol). Put them all in the crockpot for crockpot applesauce. Waiting for the smell to wake up the house.

I get most of my ideas from magazines, the cooking channel and lately Pinterest. I'm a fresh food cook, hardly canned anything.

So Bon appetite , let's see what we can learn and share here!
Welcome Unique!

Lucky you with a kitchen island! More space is always a great thing.

Your applesauce sounds great. Nothing like fresh apples being cooked to make a house fill with amazing aroma.

So glad you stopped by! I look forward to learning from everyone and reading about what interesting things you are all eating and/or cooking!

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #64
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouskiwi View Post
kimchi ... brings back memories - fresh kimchi or shin kimchi? And which of the 100 varieties of kimchi are you referring to? One of my favourites ...

http://asiansupper.com/recipe/chongg...achelor-kimchi
What do you mean 100 varieties???

OH NO!!

*checking flights to Asia now*

I seriously need to do some travelling!!

Educate me!

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #65
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
Have you tried Tiger Sauce? Made by the same company as Tabasco. I really like the flavor.
Tiger Sauce, no. What is it like?

I may have a hot sauce addiction. Not sure yet. Will get back to you after I knock off a bottle of Tapatio later.

― Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #66
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouskiwi View Post
My mum had a laugh at me the other day, I told her one of my favourite things growing up was her mince (ground beef for you 'Mericans) - she added onion, worchester sauce, and ???, coleslaw and mashed potato. Nothing fancy at all and I loved it.

I used to make this lovely simple pasta sauce that you have over fettuccine - it's the kind of thing you leave simmering in a pan at the back. I can't remember if it's from the north or the south ...

chop and saute carrots, celery and tomatoes (skinned, tinned ones are ok) for a few minutes. Put in a pot with tomato juice and simmer for an hour. Put over fettuccine. Enjoy. How simple is that? I usually add onions and garlic but that's not included in the original recipe.

One of my favourite Malaysian dishes is asam laksa. Asam means sour, laksa refers to the noodles. There are lots of different varieties of laksa https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laksa/112054285474391. My problem is that my Malaysian exgf is a great cook as is her mum and several of her aunties and I've been spoilt rotten. I don't actually eat asam laksa very often because I'm usually disappointed. The main ingredients are tamarind juice, herring or mackerel, laksa leaves (Vietnamese mint or ordinary mint), prawn paste, belachan, pineapple. Enjoy!

Kiwi is Laksa always made as a soup? I love Tamarind and only recently started using it in soup after having some amazing Filipino Tamarind soup. It was so good that I had to try and make it at home. Now I am hooked.
Everything sounds good but I am not a fan of oily fish, however I do like fish a lot.

The prawn paste is the cooked version yes?

Also what is belachan?

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #67
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Need to work up a sweat?

Try some sambal belacan (belachan)

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #68
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Ok they call that Sambal over here. Chili and garlic paste or just chili?

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #69
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

On cold mornings like we have now I love to make a batch of tortillas and top them with eggs, beans, and hot sauce. I usually scramble the eggs and toss in some spinach with them. Warms the gal up over here!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #70
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
On cold mornings like we have now I love to make a batch of tortillas and top them with eggs, beans, and hot sauce. I usually scramble the eggs and toss in some spinach with them. Warms the gal up over here!
Yum. Sounds like my kind of food.

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #71
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

So I was over in the Healthy Weight Loss thread and started thinking about how some of us are trying to lose weight but also love to eat and love really good food.

How about posting ideas for making food that is traditionally high calorie/high fat but in healthier ways?

For example, I love Eggplant Parmesan but will bake the eggplant instead of frying it reducing the fat content dramatically.

Many people love chicken wings but never bake them when they are used to getting them fried.

Thoughts?

― Rumi

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #72
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Greetings,

Welcome to the Foodie Networking thread.

I thought that it would be fun to have a place where we could discuss all things and anything related to food, restaurants, ingredients, cooking tips, cravings, best of, worst ever and so on.

Have you been to a great little place that made the best "___" that you have ever had? Post about it.

Have you developed a taste for something new and delicious? Tell us about it.

Would you like to share tips or techniques for making something really good? Go for it.

Do you have a favorite childhood or family food memory to share?

Places to have general food discussion can be hard to find, so lets see what we can create here and have some fun while doing it.

Thank you, and Welcome!

Sun
Great thread, Sun! Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

Enjoy the hot weather (91 today!)

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #73
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Great thread, Sun! Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

Enjoy the hot weather (91 today!)
Thank you and welcome!

Yes, I am enjoying the weather so much. I was over in Phoenix on Sunday for COOK Phoenix, the new HRC event. What a beautiful day! Great food and the guests voted for Barrio Cafe' as the favorite restaurant. Have you been there?

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #74
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

what a great thread.....

As a born Midwesterner i grew up with my mother frying everything my favorite Fried Chicken and I perfected it seriously you cant go wrong with Fried Chicken, mashed taters (real potatoes not the flakes that come in a box) , corn and fresh bread on the table right???

wrong....as much as i love it I make this maybe once a year, so far not at all this year as tastey as fried food is it is equally as unhealthy.

I switched to baking a little over ten years ago because it is healthier for me and my body type.

My favorite childhood meal, Thanksgiving Dinner it is still my favorite meal of the year.

My go to comfort food when i am not feeling well is Pasta has been since i was a little girl if i catch a cold or something i literally crave a Rigatoni with red sauce, my mom would make this for me as an adult i would occasionally call her when i had a cold and ask her to make it for me and she would, Im going to miss that.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #75
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Default CA in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
what a great thread.....

As a born Midwesterner i grew up with my mother frying everything my favorite Fried Chicken and I perfected it seriously you cant go wrong with Fried Chicken, mashed taters (real potatoes not the flakes that come in a box) , corn and fresh bread on the table right???

wrong....as much as i love it I make this maybe once a year, so far not at all this year as tastey as fried food is it is equally as unhealthy.

I switched to baking a little over ten years ago because it is healthier for me and my body type.

My favorite childhood meal, Thanksgiving Dinner it is still my favorite meal of the year.

My go to comfort food when i am not feeling well is Pasta has been since i was a little girl if i catch a cold or something i literally crave a Rigatoni with red sauce, my mom would make this for me as an adult i would occasionally call her when i had a cold and ask her to make it for me and she would, Im going to miss that.
Welcome to the thread Gaea!

Fried Chicken? Oh wow that is one of my favorite things (lets see how many times I can say that a certain food is one of my favorite things in this thread) and I have not perfected it.

Lets make a deal, when I get back to CA, you bring the fried chicken and I will make you Rigatoni. Hows that? I cant promise you that it will be as good as your Moms but I sure can try to make something good.

Seems like many of us are avoiding fried food and I always suggest having what you want once in a while. It is really important that we don't feel deprived while trying to eat healthy. Nothing healthy about wanting something and never getting it. lol.

So glad that you joined us!

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #76
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Locals to Sacramento should really take a moment to check out Tako
Korean BBQ right off of T street. They are 'merging' cuisines in a
tasty manner and the Bulgogi burrito will melt your taste buds.

http://www.sactako.com/

They rennovated the Vintage gas station, it looks fabulous!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #77
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Lettuce wrapped chicken tacos with chocolate mole
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #78
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post

Locals to Sacramento should really take a moment to check out Tako
Korean BBQ right off of T street. They are 'merging' cuisines in a
tasty manner and the Bulgogi burrito will melt your taste buds.

http://www.sactako.com/

They rennovated the Vintage gas station, it looks fabulous!

Welcome Day!

Wondering how fast I can get back to Sacramento for that Burrito. Hmmm...need to check my schedule. lol

Thanks for posting this! How cool.

― Rumi

Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #79
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Lettuce wrapped chicken tacos with chocolate mole

Did you post this because you know that I am a Taco freak?

If so thank you. If not thank you.

― Rumi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #80
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Did you post this because you know that I am a Taco freak?

If so thank you. If not thank you.

Go look at my FB photo's of food, yer gonna be apoplectic.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: