Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #61
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Wow! Wonderful to see all the new posts in here since i last peeked in!

Vape meets - started a group when i lived in KY through the e-cig forum. There were only three of us the first few times. Now they have over 30 regular participants meeting once a month to swap info, juice, and support. Jenn and i have also been to one of the national vape meets in FL. Over 200 vapers with dozens of vendors participating in a weekend event. Was a blast!

Sweetness - some venders sweeten their flavors, some don't. Some give the option and let you decide how many "spoonfuls". You can purchase plain sweetener to add your own to taste as well. There are also options at some venders to add a "cold" using koolada or more throat hit.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
TWolf

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Totally taken

TWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST ReputationTWolf Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMGuy View Post
they said they would blend flavors for me, I am thinking cinnimon & cappicino yum
and they are very friendly it reminds me of a head shop all the little gadgets and holders and JUICE lol
Might want to get a small bottle of each flavor and mix a bit in an empty bottle first. That will let you know if the flavors play well together. If you pay attention to how much of each you add to reach the flavor you like, you would be able to give them a good idea of how to mix it. (1/3 this one...) Found out the hard way that not everything mixes well.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #63
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Moved 21feb2012 from the UK back to the USA, Living in Lincoln NE
FtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

SO just a little vape update/ vapedate heehee
I got my 2 ecigs on thursday last week and have smoked 2 cigarettes yesterday and they tasted nasty!
I am using about 2- 2.5 mls a day I think
I am have dessert ship is a tobacco flavor with a tiny touch of sweet on the exhale and a caramel cappuccino, tastes like a nice cup of coffee with a bit of cream & sugar to me slightly sweet and creamy YUM
I should be getting my samples from heathers heavenly vapes this week sometime!
FtMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FtMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #64
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

WEEE!

I ordered from Heather's Heavenly Vapes and wanted to give a review on a couple of flavors:

Blueberry Muffin (0 nic - 70/30 blend)- Holy Shit. If your granny made a huge batch of moist, delicious blueberry muffins and you were able to huff the vapor out of the oven while they were almost done - This would be it. This flavor is a tiny bit buttery, a lot of blueberry, and very dense. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Cinful Pear - (0 nic - 70/30) - Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh great pear preserves in the sky! This is probably my new favorite (for a few days at least!). I don't know how they captured a juicy golden ripe pear in this flavor but they did...and it's freaking AWESOME. Also, there is a heavy cinnamon note so it's like a luscious cup of the best pear preserves. The cinnamon gives it a GREAT throat hit and the exhale is like a long ride in a pear orchard. NICE.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #65
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

EEK!

I forgot! I also ordered "Butter Rum" from Heather's Heavenly!

Butter Rum - (0nic - 70/30) - This one needs to steep a little more. Has a mildly soapy flavor that I don't lurve at all. I read on one of the e-cig forums that other's had this complaint as well but I've noticed it gets better the more I leave it alone. The flavor does, indeed, have a lot of buttery and rummy goodness but the soapy flavor gives it a really acrid, almost metallic taste.

I'll report back on this one in a week or two and let you all know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #66
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

I hate it when liquids have a soapy, or perfumy taste. Sometimes letting it steep helps, but there are some that no amount of time will help.

I got Deejstuff caramel corn in my tank now. Yummy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #67
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

I just started getting juice, my first (and currently only as the others are on the way) is an RY4 - a tobacco based with caramel. I tried it out and it was mehh... but 5 days later, WOW this shit is great!

I use a pen style (no ego) and have a question for you eGO folks using clearomizers/cartomizers. How do you deal with changing flavors? Do you rinse out the clearomizer? Do you let the 'old' flavor evaporate before adding new?

I'm thinking of getting an ego with 2 or 3 clearomizers once my pen style batteries give up.

Loren

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #68
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
I just started getting juice, my first (and currently only as the others are on the way) is an RY4 - a tobacco based with caramel. I tried it out and it was mehh... but 5 days later, WOW this shit is great!

I use a pen style (no ego) and have a question for you eGO folks using clearomizers/cartomizers. How do you deal with changing flavors? Do you rinse out the clearomizer? Do you let the 'old' flavor evaporate before adding new?

I'm thinking of getting an ego with 2 or 3 clearomizers once my pen style batteries give up.

Loren
With clearo/cartomizers, I just use one flavor until the carto burns out. Some people have several going at one time, each with a different flavor. Some people choose to use flavors that compliment each other, and just add the new on top of the old.

Cartos can be cleaned, but it is a hassle. At about a dollar each, I use one for about a week, then toss it.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #69
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting here with my ecig order.... I was wondering when to quit cigarettes. Seems like a blizzard is a good time.

So I have a joyetech 510. Seemed like a reasonable start. I am going with nicotine free blends/flavors. And low or no PG since I have some allergies.
Ordered 5 blends from ecblends.com. They sent a free one. It was very sweet that they sent a free one that was all VG.

I can see how steeping is going to be important. But not sure exactly how important yet.

My starting flavors are:
black raspberry
blackberry
peppermint (I am hoping I'll get some throat hit that reminds me of smoking from that one)
whiskey
cinnamon bun
chocolate cheesecake.

we shall see..
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #70
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Hmmm.

So I loaded up my "Cherrybomb" from Heather's Heavenly Vapes this morning.

It's been steeping for a week and smells great but I am not so impressed with the flavor so far.

The flavor is good...if you like the taste of liquid honey. To me, it is most assuredly NOT cherry. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but I wanted a really fruity cherry flavor and this is more like a really mild honeyed apple. Or something.

I'll throw it back in the box to steep a while longer!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #71
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Sitting here with my ecig order.... I was wondering when to quit cigarettes. Seems like a blizzard is a good time.
Good luck! I think there are a few of us who are using e-cigs as a way to quit tobacco. I know it's helping me. I have had 6 tobacco cigs since 12/22/2012, I think that's pretty good.

I use both 0 nic and low nic, cause sometimes I just need the brain hit.

Quote:
I can see how steeping is going to be important. But not sure exactly how important yet.
I just recently started getting juice. In my limited experience steeping pretty much helps all the flavors to develop, and is very important with the more complex or 'tobacco' flavored liquids.

All VG will be milder, regardless of how long you steep it, so if you can get 'extra' flavor or flavor shots, I'd go that route.

My current 'go-to' liquid is a bit over a week steeped, and it is marvelous.

Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #72
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I ordered my ego-c stick and some juice. I got a tobacco sampler from Vaperite and some Black Tea from the place Medusa got it. I think the tobacco does not have nicotine. I am a little concerned about that but I will give it a try. So I am not sure about the steeping. I guess I will just have to give it a try.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #73
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I ordered my ego-c stick and some juice. I got a tobacco sampler from Vaperite and some Black Tea from the place Medusa got it. I think the tobacco does not have nicotine. I am a little concerned about that but I will give it a try. So I am not sure about the steeping. I guess I will just have to give it a try.

Ooohohh! Make sure you report back on how you like it!

I have to say, I am really stoked to see so many people going to vaping. Even our buddy, durrrrrrrr, called the other night and has bought an ego-C and is going to try to wean down. I am very excited about the prospect of my beloveds getting off of the smokie treats!

I am 35 days smoke and nicotine free.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #74
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Loren_Q for the all VG info. I was noticing the flavors are pretty mellow. I will do extra flavor next round.

I am liking my berry/peppermint blends. And the sweet flavors taste yummy. So subtle. Maybe waiting longer (steeping) will help a bit.

I was wondering if I should have one liquid that had a wee bit of nicotine for a rough spot. Something to think about.

Going to do some more investigating. The General is pleased by the smells. She would love it if I stayed quit.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #75
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Thanks Loren_Q for the all VG info. I was noticing the flavors are pretty mellow. I will do extra flavor next round.

I am liking my berry/peppermint blends. And the sweet flavors taste yummy. So subtle. Maybe waiting longer (steeping) will help a bit.

I was wondering if I should have one liquid that had a wee bit of nicotine for a rough spot. Something to think about.

Going to do some more investigating. The General is pleased by the smells. She would love it if I stayed quit.
spritzer!

I added a little mint to my strawberry-watermelon vape and it was awesome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #76
Jean_TX

How Do You Identify?:
via driver's license
Preferred Pronoun?:
Jean
Relationship Status:
Not available

Jean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST ReputationJean_TX Has the BEST Reputation

I just noticed this thread and I thought I'd chime in with my observations. I use a Joytech eGo-C to vape. My juice of preference in "vanilla menthol", and I use the next to lowest nicotine level. One thing I definitely noticed is that one has to inhale differently - much less force, and shorter puffs. I had gotten to the point where I only smoked two cigs per day (one with coffee in the morning, and one after dinner). I've kinda fallen off the wagon, but I'm getting back in the vaping groove now. I actually find it much better than smoking and I can certainly feel the (good) effects when I exercise.
Jean_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jean_TX For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #77
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Today I am convinced to keep the juice nicotine free. Thanks for sharing your success Medusa. Rereading the juice warnings about the poisonous nature of nicotine is a good reminder.

The stuck inside blizzard weather is helping me bond with the little vapor. I am standing out side with it occasionally. But that is just me shaping my behavior and pairing the ecig with my usual routines.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #78
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Default Vaping at work

There are 4 vapers (vaporers?) in my office. A couple of the guys will vape at their desks, it makes a few of the other co-workers freak out because they'll see smoke coming out of their cubes.

Personally, I'm trying to maintain my 'smoking' habits, so I don't often vape at my desk and will go out with the smokers... unless I'm having a really bad day. On those bad days I'll steer clear of the smokers (cause I'm afraid I'll bum one) I do notice I'll go vape my brains out in the hallway.

I've gotten the other vapers to go outside with me, keeps that social, break from work thing going.

We had a rainy spell just a while ago, and there I was, standing inside the lobby watching my co-workers huddled under the ledge smoking... Not missing that!

Oscar Wilde
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #79
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Quote:
Today I am convinced to keep the juice nicotine free. Thanks for sharing your success Medusa. Rereading the juice warnings about the poisonous nature of nicotine is a good reminder.

The stuck inside blizzard weather is helping me bond with the little vapor. I am standing out side with it occasionally. But that is just me shaping my behavior and pairing the ecig with my usual routines.
Best of luck with no nic. When I got my starter kit I started with no nic and that was great. I vaped when I felt the craving and was fairly satisfied.

Then a couple of weeks in I had some emotional upheaval and ordered prefilled cartos with the lowest nic level. I did this because that was when 4 of the 6 cigarettes I've smoked happened. I figured my vaping habits mimic enough, but my brain wants something more.

Once the low nic came in, I did much better. The emotional upheaval did get worse, but I was able to limit to 2 cigs. I don't know if it's cause I've got low nic or what, but any improvement is good.

Right now my juice is split, half is low nic, the other no nic. Today's been all no nic and I've been fine.

Loren

Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #80
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I found a local kiosk at Lloyd Center in Portland, Nic Station. I am so grateful, because I have spent the last few weeks reading, reading, reading and watching video after video. I just could not make a decision, and I was afraid I would order incorrectly.

The local kiosk let me try several setups, many flavors, and gave me mucho discounts on a combo purchase. I ended up with two complete sets and extras, which included:

2 10 hour batteries and variable voltage.
Car/home charger
Travel charger (portable power source, that when fully charged can charge phone, laptop, vape, Kindle and more)
1 50ml Cuba, I can't explain the flavor of this, but it is smooth
1 50ml Blueberry Champagne
Carrying case
4 cartomizers
2 purple tanks with included cartomizers and tips

I am enjoying the Cuba now, and I am really digging the throat hit. I am using the nicotine type, I'm not ready to give that up today, but I will soon enough. Baby steps.

Nic Station has a website, but it is not up yet. They said once it goes live, they will have free shipping, and since it is in Portland, it shouldn't be a long wait if I need something in a hurry.

I have a fantasy about this year's reunion. It involves an empty smokers' wall outside the hotel, and a shit load of healthier Planeteers.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: