Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post

Got a question: does anyone have MobileMe? What exactly does it do and would you recommend it?

MobileMe is a place to store photos, back-up your apps or drive, and have up to eight (I think,) email addresses. I use it, I like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #22
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yes, but like Linus, will wait for the second or third gen, lower prices, bugs worked out. When I synched my iPhone today I noticed a new feature on itunes - it now shows which of my apps are available for the iPad - at last count 4 out of 117 - another reason to wait.

But yeah, one of these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Is anyone getting an iPad? Im curious about all the functions!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #23
Dexter_1976

How Do You Identify?:
FTM (pre)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, He, Sir, Mr, Master
Relationship Status:
Single

Dexter_1976 will become famous soon enoughDexter_1976 will become famous soon enough

I really want Iphone but it very expensive here in aussie $1,000 for it my friend have one it make me feel grrrr i want one
Dexter_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #24
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

My Motorola Razr is finally dying and I've decided that once the iPhone 4 comes out, I'm getting it. After reading the features I figure it'll be worth it. It's unfortunate it's still part of AT&T (who announced the recent cap on GB but it may still be fine):

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_603398.html

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #25
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Sweet! I order the iPhone this morning (after fighting for 3.5 hours trying to do an order). I should get it next week (hopefully, I can convince AT&T to route it to my work location).

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #26
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I kind of want an iPhone.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #27
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I have an early macbook pro ... the ones that the batteries and power cords die often. other than that, I love it ... well, I've worn out the "e" and "i" keys completely, but I know where they are on the board *shrugs*. There is also an iPod, nearing 4 years old.

Recently, I started to buy an iPhone, but was determined to rid myself of AT&T forever, so I bought a Droid on sale at Best Buy. I can't figure out most of the functions, and the "instructional" booklet is a joke. So, I am going to make myself go back to BB and get bit by bit instructions on how to save a phone number, etc. I will say that the Droid takes fabulous photos with 8 mp available for use.

I am thinking that I will probably need to upgrade and get a new macbook pro next year. This one is my first ... I always wanted one because of the A-V features, but had to use a pc for work. Even with the lousy battery and cord life, which I understand is no longer a problem, I wouldn't give up the MB for anything! The iPod, however, I can live without... just not that technically savvy and it sits around for an occasional use.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #28
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

If you need a PC for work and want a MacBook, then invest in my company's product: Fusion. This allows you to run Windows XP/Vista/7 (you'll have to buy those OSes separately) on your MacBook better than the PC hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #29
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

-- in response to this thread-

****head explodes****
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #30
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Never had a Mac. Don't have an iPhone, iPod or iPad... but I'm willing to take donations... LOL
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Is anyone getting an iPad? Im curious about all the functions!
I missed this whole thread. I did buy one on the day it came out.

I use it a fair amount, but I don't read on it. After taking it on a ten day trip and leaving my Kindle at home for the first time I really missed the Kindle.

What would you like to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I kind of want an iPhone.
I was so good. I made it 12 hours without pre-ordering a new iPhone 4. I caved. I suppose I could just not pick it up, but what are the chances of that?

shh.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #32
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by a very special snowflake

I use it a fair amount, but I don't read on it. After taking it on a ten day trip and leaving my Kindle at home for the first time I really missed the Kindle.

I was so good. I made it 12 hours without pre-ordering a new iPhone 4. I caved. I suppose I could just not pick it up, but what are the chances of that?

Shh.
Oh, you'll pick it up.

I kind of want a kindle too.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #33
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post

You don't use the Kindle app? I want to get the iPad so I can use it for the Kindle app (I use it on my iPod right now and wouldn't mind having the iPad for that). I know a few of my colleagues are using it for presentations (PPTs). I decided to hold off until it gets to 2Gen.

Did you manage to get the white or black iPhone 4?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post

shh.
I'm happy with my blackberry. I dont know how I ever lived without a smart phone. I have a mini pc I use mostly for Kindle. I couldnt see paying all that money for a kindle reader when I can load it on a mini and still have internet access. I love it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #35
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Oh, you'll pick it up.

I kind of want a kindle too.
You're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
You don't use the Kindle app? I want to get the iPad so I can use it for the Kindle app (I use it on my iPod right now and wouldn't mind having the iPad for that). I know a few of my colleagues are using it for presentations (PPTs). I decided to hold off until it gets to 2Gen.

Did you manage to get the white or black iPhone 4?
I tried it. I read a lot. And there are a couple of issues with reading on the iPad. First, it's heavy. Compared to the iPad the kindle is light as a feather and easy to hold in one hand. Even in a bookcase it's lighter. Second, it's back-lit. Which presents a couple of issues. Most notably - just try to read it outside in the sun. Or even on an overcast day. Good luck. Even in a well lit room it can be difficult. Finally, if you read for hours at a time, as I do, you'll wind up with some pretty serious eye fatigue. I'll not give up my Kindle until there's a better reading experience.

The iPad is great for a number of things, reading just isn't one of them.

I pre-ordered the 32gb black.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #36
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I adore my iphone. When I think of a future world in which I will no longer have one, I get sad. I need to buy an otterbox for it.

I have an artist friend who just got an ipad and he's done some AMAZING art on it and he loves it.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #37
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

My latest install was Qrushr Girls. I think it's more meant for women who are single, but the thing I find awesome about it is that it has a sort of gaydar built into it - it uses your current location and tells you what other lesbians you are near. I wish there were one for LGBTQ that didn't have this weird hookup/relationship energy - but just functioned more in a pride/networky way. I downloaded it to check out how the radar worked though, and there are definitely other people in my area who say, "I'm happy in a relationship - just wanted to be on the map" so it sounds like people are subverting its purpose a bit.

Damnit I want real-ass gaydar on my iphone now.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #38
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

My current favorite iphone app is redlaser. You use your camera as a barcode scanner and it does price comparisons locally and online. If you scan a food item's barcode it also gives you the nutritional values and food allergens. You can also use it to scan barcodes of books and see which local library has them.

It's AWESOME!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #39
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nerd and gadget alert.

I have an iPod and would like and iPhone.

Oh and I want one of these, badly.

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #40
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
If you need a PC for work and want a MacBook, then invest in my company's product: Fusion. This allows you to run Windows XP/Vista/7 (you'll have to buy those OSes separately) on your MacBook better than the PC hardware.
thanks, Linus. I have the macbook pro, so can run windows, but at home, I only use the mac part, the windows is just idle now ... no need for it at all at the moment. I just wish there was Publisher for mac (maybe there is now?), for some reason, I did really well with that app and I do miss it.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote