Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #61
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Hrmm?

My old iphone has been naked for six months and tossed in literally dozens of airport bins throughout the world and never got scratched. The bumper keeps the surface of the iPhone off other surfaces so it should suffice. But that being said, get what you're comfy with.
Ya. I had someone else tell me that but given that this thing has glass front and back (see this article here) I have to be more cautious about it.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #62
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ya. I had someone else tell me that but given that this thing has glass front and back (see this article here) I have to be more cautious about it.
*shrug*

The front of the 3Gs is glass too. Six months, innumerable trips through security. Carried in pocket, in bag, in car. No scratches without any protection at all.

I've got the 4 too. Three trips through security since getting it on the 24th and no problems to date.

But, while I treat my belongings well I'm not the sort to wig out over protecting them with accoutrement.

But dropping and scratching, two different things. I know people who have had their iphone screens shatter for much less in cold weather.

Hope you find something that works for you.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #63
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I will. Right now it's finding a case.

One interesting side effect is that the screen is so bright they when I look at the TV it seems so dull and hard on the eyes. It's weird. I have to set the brightness to a very low setting otherwise my eyes are kinda wigged out. Quite honestly that's my only issue thus far.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #64
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Oh gads..

I spent today learning about iphones and all things scary..

I found it very amusing that me... the girl who does not have a cell phone, sort of hates cell phones, has spent the last year looking at cell phones knowing she probably needs to get one, but not really wanting one, would be the person someone called about their cell phone...

But then the job I really wanted called and said I could work for them and now I don't have to know anything about cell phones again...

Grin..
Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #65
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

If you have an iPhone/iTouch/iPad and love WordsWithFriends, find me. I'm HOOKED on WwF. LOL I think you can locate me with TarotByArwen.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #66
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Arwen, I'll have to find that.

I just succumbed to my need for a geek toy and got an iPad. It's really awesome. Reading on this, watching Netflix in the backyard and even editing Powerpoint is so much nicer. The battery on it is really impressive as well. I only got the WiFi version but it's still pretty good. My only complaint is that it's not iOS 4 so no multi-tasking.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #67
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

Hello my name is Deborah Isadora. I have iPhone envy. Just sayin' It is on my list for after my current contract is ended.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #68
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Hello my name is Deborah Isadora. I have iPhone envy. Just sayin' It is on my list for after my current contract is ended.
As someone said to me when I got mine.. your life will change.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #69
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I just updated my itunes to 10. something for mac.
love the istuff
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #70
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Kasey has an ipod and a Droid, and feels that the ipod has much better apps and ease of use.

I have a phone that is 4 years old and no ipod, so I would be the last person to tell you if that is true....sad to say, but gadgets are not my thing.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #71
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Since my macbook pro was stolen, I decided to get a used one and not another pc. I've checked Apple's used/refurbished models, and they are way too high. Anyone have experience with purchasing used mac computers? You can PM me. I'm trying to find a few reliable sources.
Thanks

P.S. that was my first mac I loved it. Once you have mac, you'll never go back ...
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #72
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

after reading books on my pc via kindle for PC I decided to break down and buy a kindle. The new kindle has web browsing not doubt pressure from ipad. I love the idea of ebooks and readers because I have a hard time reading books. My eyes get tired and I have to wear glasses. With Kindle i can change the size, bookmark notes and I'm not dusting hundreds of books. I can't wait to get the actual kindle- 3 days!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #73
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Since my macbook pro was stolen, I decided to get a used one and not another pc. I've checked Apple's used/refurbished models, and they are way too high. Anyone have experience with purchasing used mac computers? You can PM me. I'm trying to find a few reliable sources.
Thanks

P.S. that was my first mac I loved it. Once you have mac, you'll never go back ...

If you were in Canada, I'd know where to send you. Have you checked your local Mac Reseller or Authorized Dealer? Sometimes they may have used models to sell that are better than the Apple store.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #74
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Wax that really sucks that your Mac was stolen.. i worry about that all the time with mine.. I take it with me on overnight trips just so I don't have to leave it.

It is by far the very best computer I have ever used.. yes once you go Mac there is no going back..

Glad you are getting another..
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #75
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I have an ITouch and I love it!!!

I love playing with apps and my favorite is *FlyBys* a satellite app that shows you what is flying over you in space and what type of craft it is. . you would be amazed at how many times the International Space Station flies over and all these other phantom crafts that are just floating around...

I also got a free texting app which lets me text without eating up my 250 texts on my phone

I am bummed that my cell carrier does not support the Iphone..

I am a gadget gal and the family techie!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #76
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I was giving my first iPhone back in 2008 and dropped it on Halloween. I cried like a baby...All of my contacts were on that phone and since the screen came unattached from the rest of the phone, I couldn't retrieve them. I now have a iPhone 3G that I have had a year with a Hello Kitty case to protect it. I had to go back in June and have the face replaced after the hearing device on it made everyone sound like they were in a tunnel and I will never by another type of cell phone again. My ex gave me her Android phone from Sprint and it was slow as shit and just not as good. I also have a iPod Shuffle in hot pink that I bought two years ago in November when I bought my car.

If I could afford the Mac computers, I would be buying one of those!

Zimmy
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #77
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If you were in Canada, I'd know where to send you. Have you checked your local Mac Reseller or Authorized Dealer? Sometimes they may have used models to sell that are better than the Apple store.
The most rated shop in the bay area, in SF, keeps trying to talk me into a macbook, and says that I don't need a macbook pro. He is probably correct, but the pro is what I am accustomed to, the speed, the ability to switch from video, to slides, to presentation on that 15 inch screen, and edit. I don't do this often, I lack some of the technical knowledge to do more, but it does not mean that I will never do them. I ain't fixed and like to learn. And, the macbook screen is smaller - I don't like that. The aluminum case on the pro is, well, sexy, compared to the white plastic of the macbook.

Anyway, as the guy suggested, I went to Apple dealer. How many ways can you spell mobbed? Back to school crowds. I punked around one at best buy. It seemed slower. I really don't like the smaller screen.

So, right here, I've convinced myself for the pro I've seen some used out of state in shops, good prices, but without any software. I need to call Apple since I purchased mine from them with software that I selected already installed. If I had the discs, that would save $. I wonder if Apple will install what I purchased in the past since I paid for it?

So goes my sojourn of getting back to mac....
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #78
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

P.S. The SF shop that insists I don't need a pro, doesn't sell refurbished pros ... only macbook, as it turns out. Lmao.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #79
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Linus,

I'm probably right behind you in succumbing to my NEED of an iPad. Yes, I need it. Why, I don't know, I just do. I was looking at the new iTouch 4 a couple days ago - nothing on it I would likely use but tempted all the same...

Quote:
Arwen, I'll have to find that.

I just succumbed to my need for a geek toy and got an iPad. It's really awesome. Reading on this, watching Netflix in the backyard and even editing Powerpoint is so much nicer. The battery on it is really impressive as well. I only got the WiFi version but it's still pretty good. My only complaint is that it's not iOS 4 so no multi-tasking.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #80
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Heya Waxnrope,

I don't see why Apple wouldn't install the software onto your new MacBook Pro. The store that I went to in Jacksonville when I had to have my iPhone fixed, was real friendly. They even put on the screen protector for me.

Have a good day,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
The most rated shop in the bay area, in SF, keeps trying to talk me into a macbook, and says that I don't need a macbook pro. He is probably correct, but the pro is what I am accustomed to, the speed, the ability to switch from video, to slides, to presentation on that 15 inch screen, and edit. I don't do this often, I lack some of the technical knowledge to do more, but it does not mean that I will never do them. I ain't fixed and like to learn. And, the macbook screen is smaller - I don't like that. The aluminum case on the pro is, well, sexy, compared to the white plastic of the macbook.

Anyway, as the guy suggested, I went to Apple dealer. How many ways can you spell mobbed? Back to school crowds. I punked around one at best buy. It seemed slower. I really don't like the smaller screen.

So, right here, I've convinced myself for the pro I've seen some used out of state in shops, good prices, but without any software. I need to call Apple since I purchased mine from them with software that I selected already installed. If I had the discs, that would save $. I wonder if Apple will install what I purchased in the past since I paid for it?

So goes my sojourn of getting back to mac....
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: