LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

It seems fitting that I found this thread today. After 46 years I am finally getting my prescription for T on Wed. Thanks to three wonderful women, my doctor, my therapist and WingsOnFire as well as many brothers on here I have the courage to face a fear. Giving myself shots. I had to laugh though when my therapist was reading the DSV-TR requirements for G.I.D. When she got to the requirement of presenting as a man she busted out laughing. The good laugh and I joined in with her. She wrote her first T letter for me and didn't even have to.

WingsOnFire has been nothing but loving and supportive and God forbid anyone give me crap for my decision around her.

My doctor is little bucket of energy and is almost as excited as I am. She even put little notes on my baseline tests.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
It seems fitting that I found this thread today. After 46 years I am finally getting my prescription for T on Wed. Thanks to three wonderful women, my doctor, my therapist and WingsOnFire as well as many brothers on here I have the courage to face a fear. Giving myself shots. I had to laugh though when my therapist was reading the DSV-TR requirements for G.I.D. When she got to the requirement of presenting as a man she busted out laughing. The good laugh and I joined in with her. She wrote her first T letter for me and didn't even have to.

WingsOnFire has been nothing but loving and supportive and God forbid anyone give me crap for my decision around her.

My doctor is little bucket of energy and is almost as excited as I am. She even put little notes on my baseline tests.

I am so very proud of you and your progress in becoming the person you know you were meant to be. I am so very thankful for open minded people and doctors in Oregon. I fell in love with my doctor when I met her and I was so very proud that she was extremely willing to help you with your journey.

I know for myself when I began my journey into unchartered waters 5 years ago with my first FTM partner it was not easy. I overcame fears and stigmas that are attached by people who either refuse to understand or are afraid of what they dont understand. In searching out answers for my questions I have become a huge advocate of FTMs and MTFs alike. It is their journey and no one elses. So lets cheer them on instead of tearing them down.

I will stand up and cheer for you any day when it comes to your transition. When you psychiatrist, therapist and PCP all agree that this is the right thing for you then no one else should question or judge you for it. It is perfectly ok to have questions, to disagree, to not accept. It is not ok to put someone down because they dont understand or accept or agree.

I am honored to have helped you fight your battle and win.

WingsOnFire...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats on starting T.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

There is nothing like being around a group of transmen and FtM guys. The laughter and similar stories is refreshing. I love Tuesday nights
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

That can be fun, I know. Mind you, I am on the other side of the path, but I do know that it is good to be around others that understand what you are going thru. You can also get advice from them, a lot of the time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #6
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Met another T guy tonight. Its nice to be able to hang with other guys who understand and accept me. It is freedom to just be who I am and not worry about anything at all.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

Default Nothing but smiles

I spent the afternoon well a couple of hours at least with four other trans guys and it was beyond description. All of us are at different levels of transition and not one of us talked about it. It was just so unbelievable to be around guys that have been there, are going through it, that accept me as the real me and not the outer shell that the rest of society sees.
To top it off it is going to be a regular occurrence since the five us have something else in common beyond being trans.I do love the energy we share and the similar experience no matter our age or background. However I was a little envious of all the facial hair...(scratching my chin as I think this).
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I've lived in exactly four different places since I started transitioning. A small town in Michigan, Dallas ( for about a month and a half), Houston, and now here in Florida. I have had exactly ONE person clock me, since I have been here. Otherwise, no one seems to realize that I am ts, unless I tell them. It is interesting to look back, and see how hard that we fought to get where we are, when it finally happens, that we are accepted.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am glad I found this thread..
It is a good and safe place for all, even the guys who are just transitioning
now...

I'm hoping that this year I can grow a beard, finally . Already working on it...I'll know in a few weeks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #10
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,794 Times in 3,940 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

First Free Transgender Care Clinic Opens in Central Texas!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Tags
ftm, genderqueer, mtf, positive, trans